So me and this guy on my friends list is having an argument about carrying games

#1nyhustler208Posted 12/9/2012 10:22:59 PM
Can you carry games as Riven? - Results (164 votes)
Yes
87.8% (144 votes)
No
12.2% (20 votes)
This poll is now closed.
He told me to look at his riven scores and I told him your scores as Riven might be good but she cant carry games if your really trying to hard carry yourself out of elo hell. He truely believes she can

and Im telling him No... riven isnt a legit carry like an AP or an ADC or even a jungle can carry because he can feed his teamates. but I dont think riven can single handedly destroy a whole team like an eve, corki, ez etc. can

He also believes ranked is 20% skill and 80% luck on who is on your team, but I seen to much proof to believe that. if that was the case there wouldnt be all these pro players that purposely throw games to 700elo and reach all the way back to diamond...

He calls gaining 300 elo just a lucky streak but I feel like if your good you can carry bads to the elo you belong too... and im seeing that as I gained 300elo
---
"Let me demonstrate Hammer Diplomacy!" - POPPY
I have sex with yordles... Is it blasphemy?
#2k0rupted1Posted 12/9/2012 10:24:56 PM
Riven can carry games.
---
PSN: k0rupted1
League of Legends IGN: k0rupted1
#3Village IdiotPosted 12/9/2012 10:25:24 PM
Depends on the teams

If the Riven player is fed as ****, but your team lacks a good initiator and the other team have lots of CC & pokes, the Riven isn't going to carry because she'll be dead long before she gets close enough to attack.
---
Actually, since Wedge Antilles > Carriers, and Carriers = Instant win, then it should be Wedge Antilles > Instant win. He's just that good XD -PsionicDude
#4TheSchrefPosted 12/9/2012 10:30:47 PM(edited)
Hell yes she can. You just need to get the early lead in lane and dominate hard.

I've had wins on Riven where I was basically the only one of the team with kills and ended up winning.

Example: I ended a game 20-1-XX and the rest of my team was negative. To win the game I basically 1v4'd at Baron (I got a little help at the end of the fight).

I've been carried by a Riven this season, too. I was support Taric and my ADC didn't know what farming was. Thankfully, a good Riven was destroying top.

Show your friend this video for the 80% luck/20% skill thing:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MTO2a7ZFcc
#5nyhustler208(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2012 10:33:47 PM
IDK I just dont think she can single handedly destroy an equally fed team like an eve can or an adc
---
"Let me demonstrate Hammer Diplomacy!" - POPPY
I have sex with yordles... Is it blasphemy?
#6Village IdiotPosted 12/9/2012 10:37:46 PM
If you have a good initiator on your team, a fed Riven can go in and completely shred the enemy team to pieces.

She's ridiculously strong once she gets her build going since her shield actually scales with AD, rather than AP (like on virtually every other character) and is on a short CD so she can spam it in a fight.
---
Actually, since Wedge Antilles > Carriers, and Carriers = Instant win, then it should be Wedge Antilles > Instant win. He's just that good XD -PsionicDude
#7GoldenFantasyPosted 12/9/2012 10:41:27 PM
Anyone can carry, it just depends on how good you are with that person and how bad your opponents are.
---
Jesus promised the end of all wicked people. Odin promised the end of all ice giants.
I don't see many ice giants around. - ff12and3rocks
#8LionHeart48Posted 12/9/2012 10:42:16 PM
Village Idiot posted...
Depends on the teams

If the Riven player is fed as ****, but your team lacks a good initiator and the other team have lots of CC & pokes, the Riven isn't going to carry because she'll be dead long before she gets close enough to attack.

^
---
IX > VI > VII > IV > VIII > V > X > XII > I > III > II > 50 miles down filled with human waste then XIII
#9Wing-sanPosted 12/9/2012 10:51:50 PM
It does depends on the teams, but I suggest you watch Best Riven NA's stream, and you'll see that she can carry
#10FandomOfRandomPosted 12/9/2012 11:12:26 PM
I don't know about "20% Skill, 80% Luck" but I'm pretty sure it's 100% reason to remember the name.
---
Congratulations! You just lost the game!
www.losethegame.com