Heart of gold is gone, I need a new GP5 for my Shyvana jungle

#11g-cube_mastaPosted 12/10/2012 1:06:43 AM
Ruby Sightstone

especially with Shyvana's counterjungle potential. Ward aggressively and deny enemy their jungle.
---
~GameFAQs LoL Board President~
http://i.imgur.com/6rO0g.png
#12Village IdiotPosted 12/10/2012 1:23:27 AM
I've had no problems just building a Wriggles, then Phage, then either Wit's End or Zephyr followed by Frozen Mallet.

I just buy wards instead of a Sightstone.

The reason is because I keep buying components for my next item, and use the rest of my spare change on wards.
---
Actually, since Wedge Antilles > Carriers, and Carriers = Instant win, then it should be Wedge Antilles > Instant win. He's just that good XD -PsionicDude
#13gallantknightPosted 12/10/2012 1:40:56 AM
Ruby Sightstone so useful

Calculate it. As a sight stone you get 4 free wards, you can place 2 every 3 minutes, perhaps more, so that's 175 gold.

When it becomes a Ruby Sightstone for 600 gold more you can now place 3 at a time and you have 5 wards, along with 300 health all for a total of 1300 gold. Vision helps prevent enemies from ganking, you get health, you don't have to buy anymore wards, etc. Also awesome item on supports.

I think someone did the math and it works out to at least 8gp/10 as a sight stone.
---
"When you want to be successful as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful!"
#14GoldenFantasyPosted 12/10/2012 1:44:33 AM
FlameLord23 posted...
I don't take Sightstone on my Supports anymore. I hated the idea when it was announced, and I still hate it now that I've tried it. It completely destroys your vision of the map, because you can only put out two wards. However, if you just buy the wards, you can throw down as many as you can buy at once, which is really good for late game. Keep the ward on dragon, plus the 3 you need for baron, rather than having to choose. Take the jungler item or Kage's if you REALLY struggle to keep up in gold like I sometimes do when I can't land a good gank or two. Honestly on Shyv if you're building tank take the spirit of the Ancient Golem.

So, buying sightstone removes the ability to buy wards?
---
Jesus promised the end of all wicked people. Odin promised the end of all ice giants.
I don't see many ice giants around. - ff12and3rocks
#15Village IdiotPosted 12/10/2012 1:48:06 AM
Like I said earlier, I know its a great item, but I prioritize building my next item so I can be stronger in duels. Esp as Shy since I'm always invading and want to kill their jungler that much faster.

First priority after Wriggles is to build a Phage so you have some form of CC.

Afterwords, I get a Recurve Bow or Stinger to build Wits/Zephyr for the attack speed.

Next the stats of Wits/Zephyr is too damn good to delay.

I just buy wards with whatever gold is left over.
---
Actually, since Wedge Antilles > Carriers, and Carriers = Instant win, then it should be Wedge Antilles > Instant win. He's just that good XD -PsionicDude
#16Harmful00Posted 12/10/2012 3:00:13 AM
Sightstone/Ruby SS

Now you have no excuse not to ward.
#17kourkourPosted 12/10/2012 3:26:24 AM
Like I said earlier, I know its a great item, but I prioritize building my next item so I can be stronger in duels. Esp as Shy since I'm always invading and want to kill their jungler that much faster.

First priority after Wriggles is to build a Phage so you have some form of CC.

Afterwords, I get a Recurve Bow or Stinger to build Wits/Zephyr for the attack speed.

Next the stats of Wits/Zephyr is too damn good to delay.

I just buy wards with whatever gold is left over.

HOLY F*** I USE TO STARE YOU IN THE TOP KARMA DUDES THINGY BACK IN MY KARMA LOVIN' DAYS, YOU'RE A LEGEND.
---
"stereotypical internet guy" -Fuzzy_Blanket
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa242/kourkour/xcluded.jpg
#18PKMNsonyPosted 12/10/2012 12:19:34 PM
FlameLord23 posted...
I don't take Sightstone on my Supports anymore. I hated the idea when it was announced, and I still hate it now that I've tried it. It completely destroys your vision of the map, because you can only put out two wards. However, if you just buy the wards, you can throw down as many as you can buy at once, which is really good for late game. Keep the ward on dragon, plus the 3 you need for baron, rather than having to choose. Take the jungler item or Kage's if you REALLY struggle to keep up in gold like I sometimes do when I can't land a good gank or two. Honestly on Shyv if you're building tank take the spirit of the Ancient Golem.

Well, yeah, if you're team is bad and relies solely on the support to ward.
#19lDPlPosted 12/10/2012 12:24:30 PM
FlameLord23 posted...

low elo detected
---
Mmm, this jerked chicken is good. I think I'll have Fry's lower horn jerked.
It's used to it! Woooo!
#20VergilkillaPosted 12/10/2012 12:53:02 PM
With the recent changes GP5 in the jungle just isn't what it used to be. My build hasn't changed at all, that said- wriggles, tabi, mallet, sunfire, other tanky things. I never really build much damage on her.
---
"The lions come storming in...the spectacle...begins..."