Has anyone ever played mostly as a support and be high in elo?

#1ZhouYeeizlePosted 12/10/2012 1:59:40 AM
Was just curious, because my sona win percentage right now is pretty high, was wondering if there were like people/players out there who raised their elo by playing mainly one support character.
---
People need to be more obsessed with getting themselves - Narcissexual
#2Harmful00Posted 12/10/2012 2:06:53 AM
I play ashe as support. My build is berserker greaves, IE/BT, PD. I just need some share from minions and kills. I can carry as a support
#3Sid_IcarusPosted 12/10/2012 2:07:14 AM
Pinkuu
---
Burn the heretic. Kill the mutant. Purge the unclean.
Lol IGN- ThatKillerBenoit
#4luigi33Posted 12/10/2012 2:08:02 AM
You have to rely on bads, don't do it.
---
3DS FC: 5370 - 0672 -9935 (xcyper33)
Specs: [Phenom II X4 955 BE] [4GB DDR2] [ASUS M4A77D] [CM Hyper 212+] [GTX 560ti]
#5Flare the EchidnaPosted 12/10/2012 2:09:18 AM
Sid_Icarus posted...
Pinkuu
#6FlameLord23Posted 12/10/2012 2:09:57 AM

You're not playing support, you're playing secondary AD Carry. There's a huge difference.

Support isn't just going bot lane, it's a whole different playstyle and build. If I were to play support Ashe (which I'm TOTALLY going to do sometime, I want to soo badly) I'd still have to build differently than an ADC. I'd build a Hurricane though, she still needs AS and the AOE slow it creates is OP.

Yes it is possible to rise high into ELO maining support, but it's a lot harder.
---
Violence is never the answer. Because the answer is always Vlad.
LoL IGN: I Rock Ths
#7LOLganPosted 12/10/2012 2:11:14 AM
nhat nguyen
#8Harmful00Posted 12/10/2012 2:12:27 AM
FlameLord23 posted...

You're not playing support, you're playing secondary AD Carry. There's a huge difference.

Support isn't just going bot lane, it's a whole different playstyle and build. If I were to play support Ashe (which I'm TOTALLY going to do sometime, I want to soo badly) I'd still have to build differently than an ADC. I'd build a Hurricane though, she still needs AS and the AOE slow it creates is OP.

Yes it is possible to rise high into ELO maining support, but it's a lot harder.

Genius! I never thought about that. Give this guy a cookie

*claps*
#9_HeXPosted 12/10/2012 2:14:51 AM
Can't carry bads as support, even when you practically hand them free kills on a silver plate they'll still manage to screw it up.
---
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.
#10FlameLord23Posted 12/10/2012 2:14:58 AM
Harmful00 posted...
FlameLord23 posted...

Genius! I never thought about that. Give this guy a cookie

*claps*

I swear to god if you aren't trolling hard... Please... never play ranked...
---
Violence is never the answer. Because the answer is always Vlad.
LoL IGN: I Rock Ths