Has anyone ever played mostly as a support and be high in elo?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. Has anyone ever played mostly as a support and be high in elo?
3 years ago#11
It's rare, but doable. You have to consider if it's because the role is inherently difficult to carry with or if solo queue stars prefer playing other roles. I mean Taric has like a 55% win rate, which is pretty much the limit before a champ can start to be called OP.
---
"We all wear masks, and the time comes when we cannot remove them without removing some of our own skin."
- Andre Berthiaume, Contretemps
3 years ago#12
Zekent
LemonNation

Lots of others... mainly those who are on a team as a support player (tier 2 and tier 3 teams)
---
FvP | falco_vs_peach | *^*"The Shinies" Member*^* | Adventure Time Member
PBWSB | PDPSB | /pdpsb/ | PBWSB User Tournament Winner: DiabIo
3 years ago#13
Well not really high elo, but a friend of mine was in the 1700s area playing support pretty much all the time.
---
"stereotypical internet guy" -Fuzzy_Blanket
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa242/kourkour/xcluded.jpg
3 years ago#14
FlameLord23 posted...
Harmful00 posted...
FlameLord23 posted...

You're not playing support, you're playing secondary AD Carry. There's a huge difference.

Support isn't just going bot lane, it's a whole different playstyle and build. If I were to play support Ashe (which I'm TOTALLY going to do sometime, I want to soo badly) I'd still have to build differently than an ADC. I'd build a Hurricane though, she still needs AS and the AOE slow it creates is OP.

Yes it is possible to rise high into ELO maining support, but it's a lot harder.

Genius! I never thought about that. Give this guy a cookie

*claps*

I swear to god if you aren't trolling hard... Please... never play ranked...

I do play ranked though. Sadly, you wont ever come close to my ELO. I'd post my ID and all, but then, lost of angry jealous nerds will know my real identity
3 years ago#15
BuIzeeb posted...
It's rare, but doable. You have to consider if it's because the role is inherently difficult to carry with or if solo queue stars prefer playing other roles. I mean Taric has like a 55% win rate, which is pretty much the limit before a champ can start to be called OP.

Oh it's difficult, damn near impossible to carry. You have to feed your team to win, which requires your team to actually capitalize on your moves. Some supports can carry too (AP Taric can, AP Sona not bad, Lux, Nid, Zyra, Morg, ect) but really it's almost impossible to directly win a game. The closest I've ever gotten was a game where I landed a perfect Sona ult (right off their initiation of a team fight and I caught four members) that led to the end, had I not landed that ult it's gg the other way because my team messed up earlier.

Honestly you need to learn other roles well enough to fill. The main reason I'm not playing Solo Queue ranked right now is I cannot mid or top. Until my game earlier tonight my last 3 tries mid ended in me 0/6 in laning.
---
Violence is never the answer. Because the answer is always Vlad.
LoL IGN: I Rock Ths
3 years ago#16
78% winrate in Season 1 with Sona, only played until Gold for the skin though.
3 years ago#17
LOLgan posted...
nhat nguyen

So chill.
---
LoL IGN: TA HumblePie.
Formerly GreedyCowPuncher, Support Main.
3 years ago#18
FlameLord23 posted...
Harmful00 posted...
FlameLord23 posted...

You're not playing support, you're playing secondary AD Carry. There's a huge difference.

Support isn't just going bot lane, it's a whole different playstyle and build. If I were to play support Ashe (which I'm TOTALLY going to do sometime, I want to soo badly) I'd still have to build differently than an ADC. I'd build a Hurricane though, she still needs AS and the AOE slow it creates is OP.

Yes it is possible to rise high into ELO maining support, but it's a lot harder.

Genius! I never thought about that. Give this guy a cookie

*claps*

I swear to god if you aren't trolling hard... Please... never play ranked...

Lol he mad
3 years ago#19
i do pretty good as kayle support/tanky build
---
I love me some Dallas girls!
Nintendo Network ID: Thomas88
3 years ago#20
That depends on what high Elo is.

I almost always win as Alistar (only when every lane gets stomped hard or we have a leaver we lose). But that doesn't say much - I usually counterpick Blitz as Ali, so we destroy bot lane pretty hard. It's funny how most people pick Blitz when he isn't banned and then proceed to pull me in every fight, saving me a flash.
Then i ward/oracle as much as i can, initiate when i get a good opporturnity, and peel from my carry. Also when we win a teamfight and need to push a tower, i can tank it.

Alistar is a great champion if you don't screw up. You can interrupt chanelled ults, send fiddles/amumu/morgana away, etc. Also you can't milk those.
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. Has anyone ever played mostly as a support and be high in elo?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived