Just realized something about ranked picking...

#1ZhouYeeizlePosted 12/10/2012 6:14:52 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong but...

Why not just pick support and adc first, and then jungler and then last two picks can choose top and mid, then swap?

Counter picking the support and adc, I feel would have less impact than counter picking the mid/top. Jungle is in between the two priorities.

I mean if a team would ever agree to this, I think it would work out well.

Your top and mid would counter their top and mid, and assuming equal skill, it should come out to your favor as long as bottom plays safe and jungler knows his/her role well.
---
People need to be more obsessed with getting themselves - Narcissexual
#2G0dSlay3rPosted 12/10/2012 6:23:57 AM
You ever tried swapping with random soloqueue people?

Someone will say "ok, i can swap"...
Next thing they'll say is "sorry, i don't have that champ".

Never, ever swap in soloqueue.
#3VergilkillaPosted 12/10/2012 6:36:16 AM
G0dSlay3r posted...

---
"The lions come storming in...the spectacle...begins..."
#4-Hydreigon-Posted 12/10/2012 7:17:10 AM
G0dSlay3r posted...

As true as this is, you can't expect everyone to have every champ.
---
Vyro of http://www.eShopGamers.com/
~I review crap~
#5ZhouYeeizle(Topic Creator)Posted 12/10/2012 3:43:43 PM
Okay, true, swapping for the most part is rare, and the swaps that actually work out well are once in a blue moon, but for the most part, this strategy would be better right?
---
People need to be more obsessed with getting themselves - Narcissexual
#6yourDaddiePosted 12/10/2012 3:47:43 PM
Because ussually top, mid and junglers can be tankier than support and ADC, therefore you can sirvive better, have more fun and be blamed less....so people want these roles
---
If you believe in Goku and are 100% proud, put this in your sig.
#7angelwkw3Posted 12/10/2012 4:02:52 PM(edited)
ZhouYeeizle posted...
Okay, true, swapping for the most part is rare, and the swaps that actually work out well are once in a blue moon, but for the most part, this strategy would be better right?

It would be correct but it just never works out this way. Half the people that play this game have ADD, they'll minimize the client because they already selected their champ and forget to trade you. Then 2 people are playing with the wrong runes and masteries.

Or

You want mid, you choose support for player 5, player 3 sees Taric is chosen which means mid must be free and chooses a mid. Chaos ensues.

Or

You again want mid, you choose support for player 5, but player 4 decides they want to play mid because they called it first and it must be given to them. Thus the player on your team with the highest carry potential is probably playing something they aren't the best at carrying with.

Too many things go wrong in draft because people have a short attention span, are selfish, or just a douchebag.
---
LoL ID = Crosisx2/Kurokage17/Angelwkw3
#8EDumeyPosted 12/10/2012 4:09:06 PM
I've gotten some people to swap before when they were first pick and wanted top or mid. However, that usually means I have to play Support in order for them to have whatever champ I want with certainty.

Also, I'd say for pick order:

AD
Jungle
Support
Mid

would be the best order unless any one of them is a particularly game breaking meta changer. The support tells the enemy team far more about what type of lane the bot lane is going to be (sustain/poke/kill/etc) than the AD. And most people in not pro-level play don't really know how to take advantage of jungler choices unless they were already planning on taking a dedicated counter jungler like Shyvana or Shaco. Much less risk picking that earlier.

Otherwise, it wouldn't amount to much. I'd oppose any standardization simply because I often coerce people into giving me Top lane by saying "Dude I'm last pick, best spot for counter picking." If trading was more usual, I wouldn't get my lane as much. :(
---
http://i.imgur.com/ZhLrT.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/H6Frl.jpg
#9ProjectSiolencePosted 12/10/2012 4:41:49 PM
Because if one attempts a trade in soloque, others fill that role they wanted but can force you out of.
---
There's always one **** head like you trying to **** in the apple pie. Well you just **** in the one apple pie that knows how to **** back.
#10RagnarokKnightPosted 12/10/2012 4:58:59 PM
it's actually much easier to counter pick bot than it seems.

Too many times my friend and I go Kog'Maw Nunu, then promptly die to Sona Ezreal, because they harass us to death before we can do a damn thing.

Might also be because my team always first picks mid and top that we get stomped=/
---
http://i42.tinypic.com/2cza2yf.gif http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee178/rockerdude112/Sign%20pics/fgfg007-3.jpg