Why isn't Elise used more?

#31tweakerlimePosted 12/10/2012 1:14:31 PM
Arken101 posted...
tweakerlime posted...
I have been playing elise in top lane a lot lately and i have been absolutely pooping all over the other champs with q harrass. I have seriously have not loat my lane once. I think Elise's problems are late game, but hopefully you stomped top lane hard and got fed enough to be a presence in thr late game.

Sorc's/Liandrys/Malady/Fist/Abyssal/Zhonya's
Grats you are now an unstoppable late game monster.

Fist? The Gauntlet thing?
---
xbox live gt: Tweekerlime
#32aryanbrarPosted 12/10/2012 1:58:25 PM
Lol obvious Elise lovers are obvious. Her stun is so easy to dodge. To combo someone she needs to be fast, a short delay and bam dead Elise. Any bruiser with gap closers and ranged poke will give her trouble. She weak, she is ap carry. Cc ruins her, but then again cc ruins all. She needs a buff IMO. Still better then crapyndra.
#33Arken101Posted 12/10/2012 2:04:08 PM
aryanbrar posted...
Lol obvious Elise lovers are obvious. Her stun is so easy to dodge. To combo someone she needs to be fast, a short delay and bam dead Elise. Any bruiser with gap closers and ranged poke will give her trouble. She weak, she is ap carry. Cc ruins her, but then again cc ruins all. She needs a buff IMO. Still better then crapyndra.

AP Carry? She's at best one of the few AP Bruisers in the game you dolt, her stun is damn near impossible to dodge after bruiser uses said gap closer, and what the hell do you mean you have to be fast? Hovering your cursor over the enemy champ and pressing EQWRWQ is hard now, do you know what smart casting is? She outpokes everyone with a ranged poke at top with just her Q. There is just so much wrong here I can't even...
---
Dota2 is mai waifu
PSN/360: Maximal769
#34shingo fanPosted 12/10/2012 2:32:33 PM
I want to say it's her high skill cap, but the people who mention the "durr, she AP, so she mid" derpers may have a point. I've taken her both mid and top and I've had more success top. That % damage on her Q in both forms nullifies the tankiness of most popular top-lane choices, on top of the free ranged harass, I find.
---
Question: What is with the internet's love of hyperbole?
#35aryanbrarPosted 12/10/2012 2:55:10 PM
Shze a ap carry. Her stun is a skill shot. Travels in a line at rather slow speed. Cc her and she's dead. All her damage except w is single target. A lot of top lancers can kill her rather easily. Cc + Mr = gg Elise. 99% of Elise players can't even use her escape properly. High skill cap + squishy + manager hungry = Elise.
#36Pulsian_PioneerPosted 12/10/2012 2:57:59 PM
It's because she's expensive, there are more interesting champions, and more or less she's brand spanking new.

That's why she isn't used more.
---
In space, no one can hear you rage.
#37MizunoRyuuPosted 12/10/2012 3:00:41 PM
Because she's a stupid idea of a champion. Jayce and herself are just horrendously weak and need to be reworked into something more like Nidalee, where they can't change form until Level 6 and when they do it actually does something for them, rather than just having 2 extra regular moves at the expense of an ult.
---
Evelynn is my waifu.
Help... Me...
#38kiba312Posted 12/10/2012 3:01:47 PM
Deanyzy posted...
She requires a brain and good positioning to use well. She's one of my favourite champions that's been released this year, once you get to grips with her she's a monster.

lol yep what he said
it took me a while to get use to her but she dominates with early magic penetration
---
(-_-(-_-(0.o)-_-)-_-)
oh noes 0.o
#39tpoyoyPosted 12/10/2012 3:49:44 PM
Beerzerk posted...
Elise is an awesome character. Been using her since her release with great results as a top, mid and jungler. A lot of people who says she is not good are just close minded players who only go for what the pro players play in tournaments which end up being their weakness since they underestimate the newer champs.

It is going to suck that once the Pro Players start picking her in tournaments then everyone is going to start using her just like what happened with Diana and Orianna.

I have not yet lost as Elise to a Jax on top since a majority of the Jax players are kill hungry more than farm hungry. They screw up by trying to jump in for the kill first not knowing that Elise has a damaging stun combo in regular form and another damaging combo in spider form pre-6.

stanley used elise a couple of times in the ipl tournament, cant fully remember but a few others like voyboy also played her

also it was during the elise patch they played so she didnt even get the buffs yet
#40ssj98_gotenksPosted 12/10/2012 3:53:21 PM
i main elise.

haven't lost to jax yet, but who knows.
---
http://i.imgur.com/qd9BZ.gif http://i.imgur.com/A55s2.gif