Overused champs potential nerfs?

#1RimewindmasterPosted 12/10/2012 9:27:30 AM
I know what you're thinking. "Jeez another topic about nerfing or complaining about Blitz/Morg/Shen/Malphite/Alistar/Amumu," but that isn't what this is. This more of a question about metagame, and why should a few champs be kept out of rotation forever, especially at lower Elo, otherwise their ease of use just dominates the game. 4 of them are fantastic tanks/initiators, Morg is... well boring to play against because she pushes lane really hard, then can wander off and be helpful elsewhere while still being able to make herself or a teammate resistant to harmful effects, and Shen is everywhere. I'm really tired of working around a few, obnoxious champs, rather than being able to play/ban who I feel would help my team more other than the above mentioned.

I will say that I do hate Alistar with a burning passion, and Morgana makes mid the most boring lane to play ever. However, I'm more interested in hearing other thoughts on why these six need fixes/nerfs or why not. I could be missing something, and my experience doesn't make that obvious. I just want to understand why I always have to ban these champs.
---
I love a good cold, adore a fine snow shower, and revel in blizzards
#2GevaudenPosted 12/10/2012 9:38:15 AM
No champ should be gone from rotation forever for one thing.
---
good, let the hatred flow through you. waste more of your own time. yes...good
#3VrindlvinePosted 12/10/2012 9:46:39 AM
Or I dont know BUFF underused champs to make it more fun to play them rather then always a test of who can use the horrible the best. But this is riot ohh lets nerf glacial shrouds mana cause that was really a problem!
---
Fanservice in mai bioshocks!?!
#4shadyelfPosted 12/10/2012 9:47:20 AM
Champs like those are banned frequently, people can't play them often and so aren't very good at them (at least at low elo). Then on the rare occasion that they aren't banned they immediately pick one of those and fail. That's been my experience. And at low elo experience with a champ trumps the viabilty of the champ. I recently played with a heimer who used his turrets to effectively disrupt the enemy warwick's jungling and contributed to our win with ganks and such. Not a very good champ but he knew how to play him well and ended up winning.

Out of that list only Amumu gives me concern but he has weaknesses early on that can be kinda exploited.
---
?
#5kirbyakaZPosted 12/10/2012 10:07:23 AM
I'm just so sick of Darius everywhere. Every single time I play for a few games I see him at least twice (assuming I play at least 5 games)
and he always seems to carry so hard simply because his kit is so obnoxiously broken.
---
High Five if you love Jesus!
High fives:9 Annoyed faces:4
#6MagiaIcePosted 12/10/2012 10:23:56 AM
I'm just so sick of Darius everywhere. Every single time I play for a few games I see him at least twice (assuming I play at least 5 games)
and he always seems to carry so hard simply because his kit is so obnoxiously broken.

Darius isn't broken. Not even close. He lacks sustain and an escape.
---
"They can't backdoor when they're coming through the front door..."~Me
Nami is my waifu
#7Beech_tibsPosted 12/10/2012 10:37:22 AM
if it were up to me id shorten blitz' grab range... BUTTTTTTT also increase its projectile speed...

yeah id dumb him down...

morgana is fine IMO, shes always going to be a counter pick... but if something had to be done MAYBE increase the cooldown on her pool... slightly make it more of a skill to use rather than just plop it down every wave... hell or you can do the compelete opposite and reduce the cooldown to pretty much nothing and kill a lot of the dmg it does hahhahah dumb her down too lolol

Alistar doesnt need much tweeking, early game his his weakness, sure hes got a heal but nobody should be taking that lvl 1... plus he always seems to have low resistances even with runes and masteries... annoying yes OP not really

I dont get malphite being op... yeah hes a tank with a nice slow, aoe dmg, a great ultimate and very jungle ready but throw a silence on him and hes a sitting duck... though i dont understand why he is so hated so maybe ive just never seen a good one

shen? im not sure which of his moves really should be changed.. maybe just toy with his base stats or stats per level... probably the latter

mumu? make his dmg reduction on e back loaded, keep the end result the same but change how it works early so those problems early game become more apperant

thats all i got please shoot down all my suggestions if they suck... its how i learn
---
a lot of people are sheep so they won't believe a champion is strong until a pro says so
#8EDumeyPosted 12/10/2012 10:48:41 AM
It's really a thing of just learning how to deal with a champ. I never see Morgana banned around my level, and when she's picked very rarely does she actually become something to worry about. As long as mid lane doesn't get caught out in river by her full combo, he's relatively safe against her, though he likely won't shut her down in lane either.

So the real answer is that YOU don't have to ban those champions. If your opponent does, then that's one less ban you have to worry about.

Though it is more popular of a ban around my level, I always ban Blitzcrank given the chance. Not because he ever snowballs bottom lane (I rarely see a bot lane that doesn't know how to avoid pulls now) but because he changes the entire teamfight/tower phase of the game. You can't just poke someone out or clear waves every siege. All it takes is one out of position moment, and a fight is won simply because Blitz was in the game.

This is a similar reason to why Shaco still sees bans. I don't worry if I have to play a game with him on the other team, because more likely than not he's going to fall off hard near the end of the game and make team fights a breeze, but players just don't like how he actually changes gameplay mentality.

Yet again with Shen or Karthus. Can I dive this low health Riven at tower? Shen/Karthus could ult and completely screw me over, making me unable to make a play I normally would be able to make. That's a solid reason for such a normally recurring ban on those types of champs.

Morgana? Some team fight dominance, but easily counterable by positioning. Malphite/Alistar/Amumu? All about initiation. Make sure you have some counter-initiation on your own team, such as someone else in Malphite/Alistar/Amumu, or less played champs like Sejuani/Shyvana/Nautilus. Even Karthus or Jayce for disengage can effectively counter the "ban-worthy" status that they hold as long as your team knows how to interact with them.

TL;DR Most of these champs aren't OP or in need of nerfs, they just require actual thought process from the other team to properly counter. Why change how you play if you can just ban them? It's while you'll never see a Corki ban, although he's often considered one of the best AD Carries in the game. Because essentially the only thought required to counter him is "Dive him and kill him."
---
http://i.imgur.com/ZhLrT.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/H6Frl.jpg
#9SpacefrisianPosted 12/10/2012 10:53:21 AM
I always laugh when the enemy team instalocks Darius when i have picked Kayle for toplane, so easy stomping his face.
---
Lets move mountains or mount movements.
#10Beech_tibsPosted 12/10/2012 10:56:21 AM
Spacefrisian posted...
I always laugh when the enemy team instalocks Darius when i have picked Kayle for toplane, so easy stomping his face.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g89NxTTycxc
---
a lot of people are sheep so they won't believe a champion is strong until a pro says so