Overused champs potential nerfs?

#21pinkpantherfan5Posted 12/10/2012 5:03:19 PM
kirbyakaZ posted...
MagiaIce posted...
I'm just so sick of Darius everywhere. Every single time I play for a few games I see him at least twice (assuming I play at least 5 games)
and he always seems to carry so hard simply because his kit is so obnoxiously broken.

Darius isn't broken. Not even close. He lacks sustain and an escape.

He has flash and plenty of sustain once he gets a bloodthirster.

At least in normals if there is a double queue Darius + anyone top or jungle they rarely lose. All it takes is one or two early kills on him and that's game unless the rest of his team is trash.

Darius+Bloodthirster.
Lolz
---
i dont like my username. so please just call me Mark
"Always 1A" Minigun
#22kirbyakaZPosted 12/10/2012 5:08:18 PM
ritz2 posted...

That sounds like he's being morbidly fed before teamfights. In my games if darius tries to pull anyone besides the initator or a bruiser, he usually gets killed. Usually he tries to peel for his team instead of flashing and grabbing 3 people.

It's not that he's overly fed 4/5 times, it's that he has two or three early kills, got all the CS because of it, and scared my top laner to hide under the tower while unable to get CS. It's even worse when it's Darius + someone vs a solo laner.
---
High Five if you love Jesus!
High fives:9 Annoyed faces:4
#23pinkpantherfan5Posted 12/10/2012 5:29:18 PM
kirbyakaZ posted...
ritz2 posted...

That sounds like he's being morbidly fed before teamfights. In my games if darius tries to pull anyone besides the initator or a bruiser, he usually gets killed. Usually he tries to peel for his team instead of flashing and grabbing 3 people.

It's not that he's overly fed 4/5 times, it's that he has two or three early kills, got all the CS because of it, and scared my top laner to hide under the tower while unable to get CS. It's even worse when it's Darius + someone vs a solo laner.

2-3 early kills is getting fed though. It sounds like Darius is taking advantage of that and zoning the other top laner. Also no jungler=lolz
---
i dont like my username. so please just call me Mark
"Always 1A" Minigun
#24eco masterPosted 12/10/2012 5:32:00 PM
Then on the rare occasion that they aren't banned they immediately pick one of those and fail.

Every ranked game ever in my experience.
---
ill be here 4 u eco jus lyk the mop on the commercial babby-wechina23
fighting games suck-bluerain
#25ExalxPosted 12/10/2012 5:53:38 PM
kirbyakaZ posted...
ritz2 posted...

Completely untrue. Use a bit of strategy like you're supposed to and then laugh at yourself for not thinking earlier.

Tip 1. Darius' only means of escape is on a 300 second cooldown unless he gets the flash boots and cooldown reduction for summoner spells in the support tree. It's Jarvan free week and he laughs at Darius by ulting him.

Tip 2. All of Darius' moves have short range. Keep your distance and harass him.

Or, if you're like me and you use Garen a lot, walk up to his face, shut him up with a super cool dunk, then spin like a mad man. If you're not going in for the kill, move away from him just before the silence goes down while yelling Demacia to laugh at him.

Tip 3. All of Darius' moves have short range. If you can't keep your distance to harass and you're not confident enough to 1 vs 1 him or he's with a duo blitz, last hit by your tower and laugh at how overextended they are while your jungler sets up for free kills. Because Darius' range is so short, he'll have to take a tower hit if he wants to harass you and you can farm all you want.
---
Monster Hunter Tri: Exalx (2ZFG9Y) HR:130+
#26kirbyakaZPosted 12/10/2012 10:22:05 PM
Exalx posted...
kirbyakaZ posted...
ritz2 posted...

Completely untrue. Use a bit of strategy like you're supposed to and then laugh at yourself for not thinking earlier.

Tip 1. Darius' only means of escape is on a 300 second cooldown unless he gets the flash boots and cooldown reduction for summoner spells in the support tree. It's Jarvan free week and he laughs at Darius by ulting him.

Tip 2. All of Darius' moves have short range. Keep your distance and harass him.

Or, if you're like me and you use Garen a lot, walk up to his face, shut him up with a super cool dunk, then spin like a mad man. If you're not going in for the kill, move away from him just before the silence goes down while yelling Demacia to laugh at him.

Tip 3. All of Darius' moves have short range. If you can't keep your distance to harass and you're not confident enough to 1 vs 1 him or he's with a duo blitz, last hit by your tower and laugh at how overextended they are while your jungler sets up for free kills. Because Darius' range is so short, he'll have to take a tower hit if he wants to harass you and you can farm all you want.

I'll make sure to keep this in mind if I ever go against him personally. I am usually mid, and sometimes bot. So thanks for the tips. I have seen Darius + Blitz bot lane before. We lost that lane so hard, two pulls and everything else just . . . ugh.
---
High Five if you love Jesus!
High fives:9 Annoyed faces:4
#27SirDanieIPosted 12/10/2012 10:31:58 PM
I like how this turned into a Darius OP thread
---
23/11/12 Me: WTF Why do you have 6 boots?
NoobElise: Aren't I a spider?
#28Tali_ZorahPosted 12/10/2012 10:42:22 PM
Vrindlvine posted...
Or I dont know BUFF underused champs to make it more fun to play them rather then always a test of who can use the horrible the best. But this is riot ohh lets nerf glacial shrouds mana cause that was really a problem!

Some champs CAN'T be buffed to be more fun to play without making them extremely unbalanced. Take Karma for example, extremely underplayed and yet she's a pretty strong champion. Buff her, and she'll be too strong. Remaking champions takes quite a bit of time and effort, too, so that's not a patch-by-patch thing either.
---
Pokemon White FC: 3568 3549 8596