In solo Q the jungler is the real 'carry'

#11TheSteelPhoenixPosted 12/11/2012 4:08:43 PM
FatherRussia posted...
You have the best chance of carrying a bad team as ADC, zero question. All you need is your team mates to be a meat shield and soak up some damage if you are sufficiently more skilled than the opposition, this is not true with any other lane.

i think you just described a pretty decent team. Being a meat shield and making others want to attack you or CCing is something at least average players do, not baddies.
---
C'mon Obama,lets stomp this economy into the ground. I'd rather get our economic collapse over with while I'm young and strong and have a chance of surviving.
#12VoidgolemPosted 12/11/2012 4:10:18 PM
FatherRussia posted...
You have the best chance of carrying a bad team as ADC, zero question. All you need is your team mates to be a meat shield and soak up some damage if you are sufficiently more skilled than the opposition, this is not true with any other lane.

i think you just described a pretty decent team. Being a meat shield and making others want to attack you or CCing is something at least average players do, not baddies.

Baddies suicide into the enemy team. If you're nearby that's almost like being a meatshield.
---
"Assume all cover will explode. And if it doesn't explode, expect aliens to throw grenades in order to fix that"
#13EDumeyPosted 12/11/2012 4:17:33 PM
Depend on what type of jungler are you. Offensive AD jungler could carry, but CC tank ones can't carry at it with baddies. Had game with Moak/Rammus when I led team with first blood and 4:1 at first 7 mins. Still lost game because top fed enemy team even I helped with first blood on top.

I think this is the opposite.

If you're Nocturne and you've built for damage, yeah you might be able to kill their carry and make them focus you, but you can't 1v5, and chances are a bad team may not be able to follow up on you.

If you're Malphite/Amumu, you can play protect the carry and force feed them kills, to the point where all they have to do is head in the general direction of the enemy, and you can make them win.

My favorite comeback game ever was after being extremely behind, I just flat told our Fizz to follow my Malphite ult and focus their Vladimir. (Fizz had somehow lost to Vlad in lane, though he was still fairly itemized just because we had dragged the game out long enough.) Soon enough we were just gibbing him, and then I had so much armor stacked that the rest of their team couldn't do anything, meaning Fizz/ADC could just clean up while I zoned out whoever I needed to. I definitely could not have done that playing a jungle Nocturne/Lee Sin/Xin Zhao/etc.
---
http://i.imgur.com/ZhLrT.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/H6Frl.jpg
#14gkh5Posted 12/11/2012 5:27:18 PM
I think mid is your best bet simply because there's a lot of picks there with great late game scaling to go along with that early map control from winning lane. Junglers with the same capacity (Amumu/Malph/Shen) are commonly banned which means if your ADC sucks or your team can't act on the early advantage you created, you've lost your degree of influence on the game and it's largely on how well your teammates can fend for themselves and perform their roles against the other team.
---
LoL IGN: alpha10
#15chicostickPosted 12/11/2012 5:31:28 PM
my experience in Solo Q (lately anyway) is that Top or Mid is the Real Carry.

Back then it was whoever who could snowball the hardest. Didn't matter which lane you were in.
#16oblivionscythePosted 12/11/2012 5:43:47 PM
Quote:From: Trevorkkho | #004
Depend on what type of jungler are you. Offensive AD jungler could carry, but CC tank ones can't carry at it with baddies. Had game with Moak/Rammus when I led team with first blood and 4:1 at first 7 mins. Still lost game because top fed enemy team even I helped with first blood on top.

I think this is the opposite.

If you're Nocturne and you've built for damage, yeah you might be able to kill their carry and make them focus you, but you can't 1v5, and chances are a bad team may not be able to follow up on you.

If you're Malphite/Amumu, you can play protect the carry and force feed them kills, to the point where all they have to do is head in the general direction of the enemy, and you can make them win.

My favorite comeback game ever was after being extremely behind, I just flat told our Fizz to follow my Malphite ult and focus their Vladimir. (Fizz had somehow lost to Vlad in lane, though he was still fairly itemized just because we had dragged the game out long enough.) Soon enough we were just gibbing him, and then I had so much armor stacked that the rest of their team couldn't do anything, meaning Fizz/ADC could just clean up while I zoned out whoever I needed to. I definitely could not have done that playing a jungle Nocturne/Lee Sin/Xin Zhao/etc.

@EDumey

Lol, Fizz lost to Vlad? Oh man.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9