Why there are no Christmas skins related to Jesus and co?

#11JonmaximumPosted 12/12/2012 8:54:00 AM
yourDaddie posted...
hawkeye2188 posted...
Could you imagine the outcry this would create? Not to mention Christianity isn't the most popular religion, and this being the most played game in the world at the moment just don't think it would work.

Why? Shintoists think is fun playing as Ammaterasu, why won't christians have fun playing as Jesus?

Because a lot of vocal Christians think it's 'heresy' to use Christ's image on anything thats not holy. Also, Jesus on LoL= Jesus getting killed= outrage and Riot's HQ being burned to the ground.
#12Metroid82Posted 12/12/2012 8:58:20 AM
CAMEL HECARIM people! We are neglecting this amazing idea! Forget the rest that may spark controversy. CAMEL HECARIM!
#13Meta_BitPosted 12/12/2012 8:58:47 AM
Unfortunately, our culture is shifting to obliterating religion from sight even though it does provide a moral framework (not perfect) that surely isn't taught in schools or even by some parents these days. People tend to forget this and are hung up on the other aspects they don't like about religion.
---
---
#14eco masterPosted 12/12/2012 9:00:14 AM
Unfortunately, our culture is shifting to obliterating religion from sight even though it does provide a moral framework (not perfect) that surely isn't taught in schools or even by some parents these days. People tend to forget this and are hung up on the other aspects they don't like about religion.

You can teach morals without superstition.
---
ill be here 4 u eco jus lyk the mop on the commercial babby-wechina23
fighting games suck-bluerain
#15Meta_BitPosted 12/12/2012 9:01:05 AM
Jonmaximum posted...
Because a lot of vocal Christians think it's 'heresy' to use Christ's image on anything thats not holy. Also, Jesus on LoL= Jesus getting killed= outrage and Riot's HQ being burned to the ground.

Umm...are you confusing Christians with radical Muslims? Last time I checked Christ is portrayed all the time in media and you don't see anything as ludicrous as you say.
---
---
#16hawkeye2188Posted 12/12/2012 9:03:24 AM(edited)
Meta_Bit posted...
Jonmaximum posted...

Umm...are you confusing Christians with radical Muslims? Last time I checked Christ is portrayed all the time in media and you don't see anything as ludicrous as you say.

His second part is pretty true though, could you imagine what would happen if people were killing Christ over and over again?

PS Camel Hec would be hilarious
---
GT: hawkeye2188
#17Meta_BitPosted 12/12/2012 9:04:29 AM
eco master posted...
You can teach morals without superstition.

Yes, you can. But where is that happening? Doesn't happen in schools. Not in the media. Parents are seemingly less involved more and more. I see them providing a good service that you can choose to partake in while you provide no solution.
---
---
#18Meta_BitPosted 12/12/2012 9:07:41 AM
hawkeye2188 posted...
His second part is pretty true though, could you imagine what would happen if people were killing Christ over and over again?

Just twisting it around. Trying to portray them as insane when likely nothing would come of it. There are crazy people everywhere and will find a reason to do something if they want regardless of the actual reason.
---
---
#19RydethetigerPosted 12/12/2012 9:09:14 AM
I only came in here to say that seeing Jesus and Co. made me lol really hard.

Not sure why, but thinking of Jesus in a business setting is just so awesome.
---
Lol IGN: WMP Bantam
#20ur grandpaPosted 12/12/2012 9:09:43 AM
There are quite a few denominations of Christianity that don't play video games, or use modern technology at all. There are also a lot where the image of Jesus is forbidden, so they wouldn't be aloud to play either.

Christianity is only a big religion when you include all denominations even though many denominations are so different that they really do deserve to be their own religion. The only thing most of them have in common is that they claim to be followers of Christ.

For example, some versions of Christianity you get into heaven through works, it doesn't matter if you believe or not but if your a good person and do a lot of good things in your life you get to go to heaven. Then, there are faith based paths to heaven, where you could literally be the best person that ever lived but it doesn't matter if you were not a believer.

If you do anything Christian related to Christmas your going to ensure that a large number of Christian children will not be aloud to play this game. That's in addition to the large amount that will not be aloud to play the game for other religious reasons. I think it's better for riot to just stay out of it.

When Pokemon was big, my parents got handed pamphlets about how it was going to send their children to hell. It went from one day everyone I knew loved Pokemon and played the games and watched the show, to where we all threw away everything and pretended to never have seen it because we didn't want to risk an exorcism (many children all over the world will die every year due to exorcisms because their parents incorrectly think they are demon possessed).
---
There is no wealth like knowledge, no poverty like ignorance." Ali bin Abu-Talib