Why there are no Christmas skins related to Jesus and co?

#21eco masterPosted 12/12/2012 10:17:42 AM
But where is that happening? [...] Parents are seemingly less involved more and more.

I was going to say parents from experience, but seeing as you've already decided to write that off, I can see where this is going. Not only parents, but the thousands of other people on the planet, your own experiences and those of others. Morals aren't an established list of things that are the same for all people.

Basically, people are developing their own morals every day, everywhere, almost all the time.
---
ill be here 4 u eco jus lyk the mop on the commercial babby-wechina23
fighting games suck-bluerain
#22mantana888Posted 12/12/2012 10:18:59 AM
ur grandpa posted...
There are quite a few denominations of Christianity that don't play video games, or use modern technology at all. There are also a lot where the image of Jesus is forbidden, so they wouldn't be aloud to play either.

Christianity is only a big religion when you include all denominations even though many denominations are so different that they really do deserve to be their own religion. The only thing most of them have in common is that they claim to be followers of Christ.

For example, some versions of Christianity you get into heaven through works, it doesn't matter if you believe or not but if your a good person and do a lot of good things in your life you get to go to heaven. Then, there are faith based paths to heaven, where you could literally be the best person that ever lived but it doesn't matter if you were not a believer.

If you do anything Christian related to Christmas your going to ensure that a large number of Christian children will not be aloud to play this game. That's in addition to the large amount that will not be aloud to play the game for other religious reasons. I think it's better for riot to just stay out of it.

When Pokemon was big, my parents got handed pamphlets about how it was going to send their children to hell. It went from one day everyone I knew loved Pokemon and played the games and watched the show, to where we all threw away everything and pretended to never have seen it because we didn't want to risk an exorcism (many children all over the world will die every year due to exorcisms because their parents incorrectly think they are demon possessed).

First bold: Just want to clarify for people that salvation by works is not a fundamental doctrine of Christianity. Salvation comes through faith and faith alone. Good works are just a natural by-product of the love we are filled with after accepting Christ as our savior.

Second bold: I agree

Third bold: There are a lot of crazy people out there. Crazy Christians, crazy Atheists, crazy Islamists. Playing a video game that has evolution in it is not going to send anyone to hell, that is just moronic. I feel terribly sorry for anyone subjucted to such ridiculous teachings from "Christian" sources.

Most of the complaints I see about Christianity from the public, have nothing to do with Christianity itself. It's mostly the people who claim to be Christians and then go do whatever they want thinking "Oh I prayed a little prayer off of a pamphlet when i was 9, I'm free to do whatever I want since I'm going to heaven regardless!"
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
g-cube's Vice President of Cakes.
#23XcZeus3469Posted 12/12/2012 10:23:27 AM
Kuroth_Neidra posted...
NeoAnduril posted...
Christianity isn't the most popular religion,

*more Christians than anything else on the planet*

I think Muslims outnumber Christians as of the last few years.

If they don't yet, they will soon.

you're confusing Catholics and Christians. In numbers, Catholics < Muslims < Christians
---
"I read this as a Bannanable Offense. I was like, what ksing with Soraka?"-Kirby 1207
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/CommanderKJK-1173/hero/60977
#24Creambun29Posted 12/12/2012 10:24:25 AM
Morals without religion....hmmm.... *looks at Disney, children's television, children's movies, and children's storybooks*.....yeah, I think we have that covered fairly easily in our culture. Entire segments of television are dedicated to it!

Seriously, sit down and watch childrens morning programming for a couple of hours. Sharing, kindness, selfless giving, and friendship galore!
---
"Hey, I've been in a firefight before! Well, I was in a fire......actually, I was fired from a fry-cook opportunity :/"
PSN-Synersage
#25C_Dub7Posted 12/12/2012 10:27:03 AM(edited)
Kuroth_Neidra posted...
NeoAnduril posted...

you're confusing Catholics and Christians. In numbers, Catholics < Muslims < Christians

And to be honest, I think Catholics give less of a **** about their religion than non-Catholics do.
---
"YOU'RE IN THE TORGUE ZONE, BABY! IF YOU AREN'T MADE OF GASOLINE, METAL, OR BACON, GET THE **** OUT!" - Mr. Torgue
www.youtube.com/CDubxVRex
#26mantana888Posted 12/12/2012 10:27:51 AM
Creambun29 posted...
Morals without religion....hmmm.... *looks at Disney, children's television, children's movies, and children's storybooks*.....yeah, I think we have that covered fairly easily in our culture. Entire segments of television are dedicated to it!

Seriously, sit down and watch childrens morning programming for a couple of hours. Sharing, kindness, selfless giving, and friendship galore!

And how much of it do you think actually sticks with the average child?
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
g-cube's Vice President of Cakes.
#27eco masterPosted 12/12/2012 10:28:32 AM

If you just sit them in front of the television and hope it works, then none of it. That's why you don't do that.
---
ill be here 4 u eco jus lyk the mop on the commercial babby-wechina23
fighting games suck-bluerain
#28hawkeye2188Posted 12/12/2012 10:29:38 AM
XcZeus3469 posted...
Kuroth_Neidra posted...
NeoAnduril posted...

I can agree to that.
---
GT: hawkeye2188
#29Labyrinth TankPosted 12/12/2012 10:31:22 AM
The respawn times would be way too long.
---
"Did you avenge me? Awesome!" - Kargon
#30Creambun29Posted 12/12/2012 10:31:37 AM

Well, if you foster imagination and help your child develop through interaction with them and make it known that what is happening in these stories, shows, and movies is important, I think it sticks pretty hard. You just gotta actually do it

*was raised in a household where this happened*
---
"Hey, I've been in a firefight before! Well, I was in a fire......actually, I was fired from a fry-cook opportunity :/"
PSN-Synersage