Why there are no Christmas skins related to Jesus and co?

#31ur grandpaPosted 12/12/2012 9:36:23 AM
mantana888 posted...
ur grandpa posted...
There are quite a few denominations of Christianity that don't play video games, or use modern technology at all. There are also a lot where the image of Jesus is forbidden, so they wouldn't be aloud to play either.

Christianity is only a big religion when you include all denominations even though many denominations are so different that they really do deserve to be their own religion. The only thing most of them have in common is that they claim to be followers of Christ.

For example, some versions of Christianity you get into heaven through works, it doesn't matter if you believe or not but if your a good person and do a lot of good things in your life you get to go to heaven. Then, there are faith based paths to heaven, where you could literally be the best person that ever lived but it doesn't matter if you were not a believer.

If you do anything Christian related to Christmas your going to ensure that a large number of Christian children will not be aloud to play this game. That's in addition to the large amount that will not be aloud to play the game for other religious reasons. I think it's better for riot to just stay out of it.

When Pokemon was big, my parents got handed pamphlets about how it was going to send their children to hell. It went from one day everyone I knew loved Pokemon and played the games and watched the show, to where we all threw away everything and pretended to never have seen it because we didn't want to risk an exorcism (many children all over the world will die every year due to exorcisms because their parents incorrectly think they are demon possessed).

First bold: Just want to clarify for people that salvation by works is not a fundamental doctrine of Christianity. Salvation comes through faith and faith alone. Good works are just a natural by-product of the love we are filled with after accepting Christ as our savior.

Second bold: I agree

Third bold: There are a lot of crazy people out there. Crazy Christians, crazy Atheists, crazy Islamists. Playing a video game that has evolution in it is not going to send anyone to hell, that is just moronic. I feel terribly sorry for anyone subjucted to such ridiculous teachings from "Christian" sources.

Most of the complaints I see about Christianity from the public, have nothing to do with Christianity itself. It's mostly the people who claim to be Christians and then go do whatever they want thinking "Oh I prayed a little prayer off of a pamphlet when i was 9, I'm free to do whatever I want since I'm going to heaven regardless!"

You can't declare what Christianity does and does not mean. There are passages in the Bible that support the idea that you can get into heaven through works, whether or not you also need faith is a matter of interpretation.

Whether or not it's even in the Bible, I can tell from experience that if you ask most Christians whether or not you can get into heaven by being a good person they will say yes. The idea that a generally good person would be punished forever is too much for most people to handle.
---
There is no wealth like knowledge, no poverty like ignorance." Ali bin Abu-Talib
#32Timbo418Posted 12/12/2012 9:42:40 AM
Yo_D? Is that you?
---
"If you're a Mass Effect fan then you have to be one of the biggest Hippocrates on earth. Have fun." - jnblz316
#33nateweiPosted 12/12/2012 9:48:43 AM
I would pay for a Mundo Jesus.
#34ExalxPosted 12/12/2012 10:05:28 AM
Mundo Jesus!

And on the third day, Mundo rose and went where he pleased.
---
Monster Hunter Tri: Exalx (2ZFG9Y) HR:130+
#35Smokey MacPotPosted 12/12/2012 10:06:01 AM
It's the "War on Christmas"
---
If you can read this, you are literate.
#36mantana888Posted 12/12/2012 10:07:52 AM
You can't declare what Christianity does and does not mean. There are passages in the Bible that support the idea that you can get into heaven through works, whether or not you also need faith is a matter of interpretation.

Whether or not it's even in the Bible, I can tell from experience that if you ask most Christians whether or not you can get into heaven by being a good person they will say yes. The idea that a generally good person would be punished forever is too much for most people to handle.

Could you post some of those verses? I really want to know what they are. I can give some pretty clear-cut ones on salvation by faith.

"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith- and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God- not by works, so that no-one can boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life." - John 3:16

"Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand..." - Romans 5: 1-2

I'm posting what I believe is the correct interpretation of the Bible. The way God wanted us to see it. And like I said, there are a lot of people who claim to be Christians but know practically nothing about Christianity.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
g-cube's Vice President of Cakes.
#37nateweiPosted 12/12/2012 10:13:38 AM
It's definitely through faith, not by works. If anyone claiming to be christian said that to me I would smack them upside the head.
#38qijun6699Posted 12/12/2012 10:22:13 AM
yourDaddie posted...
Like Jesus Zilean, Joseph Draven, Lux Mary, Wise king tryndamere or camel hecarim for example? all christmas skins are related to nordict customs only.

Seriously you are not being mature to consider other users with different religion in the game. You should consider deleting this thread.
#39Dark VaporeonPosted 12/12/2012 10:23:22 AM
I read the first post to fast and read camel toe hecarim -.-
---
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Eternity ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
When yesterday is gone, and tomorrow never comes.
#40mantana888Posted 12/12/2012 10:24:20 AM
qijun6699 posted...
yourDaddie posted...
Like Jesus Zilean, Joseph Draven, Lux Mary, Wise king tryndamere or camel hecarim for example? all christmas skins are related to nordict customs only.

Seriously you are not being mature to consider other users with different religion in the game. You should consider deleting this thread.

Jesus Karthus
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
g-cube's Vice President of Cakes.