What is the average skill level of gamefaqs?

#1SeaIntoTheSkyPosted 12/13/2012 1:39:51 PM
I have been creating some topics to help out the community but since I am not getting much feedback I am wondering if the tips are too obvious. Since I saw so many elo hell topics I know that if people use the advice in the topics I created then they could improve gameplay. If you use all the tips even semi effectively I know every player would be at least gold ranking.

Did I under estimate gamefaqs? Should I create higher skill level topics?
#2FvPPosted 12/13/2012 1:41:03 PM
Take the community as a whole
Downsize proportionally
Get rid of all the unused accounts

GameFAQs board
---
FvP | falco_vs_peach | *^*"The Shinies" Member*^* | Adventure Time Member
PBWSB | PDPSB | /pdpsb/ | PBWSB User Tournament Winner: DiabIo
#313loopPosted 12/13/2012 1:41:09 PM
You should keep doing the tips. Even if 5% of the board reads them, thats 5% of the people here you are helping.
---
"Swim away fugu fish, swim awaaaayyyyyy"
Sona_Buvelle is my waifu
#4ssj98_gotenksPosted 12/13/2012 1:41:32 PM
The regulars are pretty good imo
---
http://i.imgur.com/qd9BZ.gif
#5hawkeye2188Posted 12/13/2012 1:43:14 PM(edited)
I suck at this game but from seeing users screenshots that they post and streams, I'd say the average GFAQ player is floating between 1200-1400 elo, if that's how you want to judge skill level.

PS keep posting your tips, just because you don't get feedback doesn't mean people aren't reading them.
---
GT: hawkeye2188
#6RydethetigerPosted 12/13/2012 1:47:50 PM
The regulars here are pretty strong players in general.

Theres alot of trolls, and alot of people I dont think want to learn, but thats their choice.

Posting tips here you have to be really sure about yourself, because the strong members of the community will call you out on flaws almost immediately, not to be mean, so that there isnt false info. A lot of the new players that come here to learn will ask for help on things they need like builds and such.

I wouldnt suggest an attempt to post tips like how to win consistently in solo que, or how to climb out of ELO hell.
---
Lol IGN: WMP Bantam
#7RydethetigerPosted 12/13/2012 1:48:42 PM
Sorry for double post...

Look at the main page now for an example of what I mean.

"How do I play teemo more effectively"
---
Lol IGN: WMP Bantam
#8Alakazam_fanPosted 12/13/2012 1:53:01 PM
Me
-----
Everyone else
---
Don't stop, never give up, hold your head high and reach the top. Let the world see what you have got. Bring it all back to you.
~Elise is mai waifu~
#9LaqOfInterestPosted 12/13/2012 1:58:15 PM
Alakazam_fan posted...
Everyone else
-----
SpanishTomato
LaqOfInterest

This is accurate.
---
"hello i'm laqifunterest and you're watching dosney channel" - DarkestPanda
"Gift means poison. He's going to poison you." - g-cube_masta
#10SeaIntoTheSky(Topic Creator)Posted 12/13/2012 1:59:39 PM
Thanks for the feedback! I understand that even if know one replies to the topics that doesn't mean no one is reading them. It's just since topics are created so fast that I feel if no one responds then not many people have a chance to view them since they get buried.

I also like to keep my topics general so they are not character specific, that way they can be helpful to everyone.