So, Ezreal.

#1Mr_TacoPosted 12/13/2012 11:46:02 PM
After his W nerf I didn't play much Ez, dispite him being my favourite champ. Now I'm getting back into him in ranked and I've got about a 90% win rate with him.

My question refers to optimal builds. At the moment I just rush Trinity with a Vamp Scepter in there early, then Bezerker's before standard BT, IE, PD build. The thing is, what about Manamune on Ezreal now with the new Munamara thing?

Is it viable? If not, how come? Any and all thoughts are appreciated.
#2CovenantPosted 12/13/2012 11:46:48 PM
Manamune is really cheap, but you have to rush the Tear to make it worthwhile.

Probably not a great idea.
#3Mr_Taco(Topic Creator)Posted 12/13/2012 11:49:45 PM
Covenant posted...

I know it was completely not even considered to be a good idea in Season 2 but the toggle on the upgraded item makes it seem kinda viable. I don't know I just feel like it'd be good on him.
#4KirbixPosted 12/13/2012 11:54:44 PM(edited)
If we assume you start long sword/pots like most ADCs do these days:
By rushing tear, you're going up against a lane opponent who has vamp scepter & boots, while all you've got is some extra mana. Your opponent is more mobile than you are and can sustain in lane better than you can. It's a pretty risky investment.

If you can manage it? Sure, muramana pays huge dividends; it'll pay off on any champion, really. What people don't get is that unless the champion *needs* an early-game tear, it's probably a waste of money because there are probably other, better items for laning and you're probably gimping yourself early in order to hopefully win out late.
---
Signatures that consist of quotes are bizarre- you could falsify a quote and no one would know.-Jesus
#5Mr_Taco(Topic Creator)Posted 12/13/2012 11:56:11 PM
Kirbix posted...
If we assume you start long sword/pots like most ADCs do these days:
By rushing tear, you're going up against a lane opponent who has vamp scepter & boots, while all you've got is some extra mana. Your opponent is more mobile than you are and can sustain in lane better than you can. It's a pretty risky investment.

If you can manage it? Sure, muramana pays huge dividends; it'll pay off on any champion, really. What people don't get is that unless the champion *needs* an early-game tear, it's probably a waste of money because there are probably other, better items for laning and you're probably gimping yourself early in order to hopefully win out late.

Yeah exactly what I'm thinking. I guess maybe if you got like a strong first blood/double kill in lane you could get Vamp AND Tear and make it viable. I think for the most part you're right, the early game lack of damage will put you too far behind for Muramana to count later on.
#6Xion350Posted 12/13/2012 11:57:23 PM
Mr_Taco posted...
Covenant posted...

I know it was completely not even considered to be a good idea in Season 2 but the toggle on the upgraded item makes it seem kinda viable. I don't know I just feel like it'd be good on him.

I've been running Manamune almost exclusively on Ez since S3... it's good however there are a few problems.

First off, you delay your damage and sustain. Usually I start Long sword -> Tear or Vamp scepter on first back. In lane, you need to capitalize on your mana pool and harrass with Q as much as possible.

I usually finish Manamune and get a Bloodthirster afterward. Then a Sheen somewhere along the line and finish Triforce whenever I get the chance.
---
Remember remember... the 30th of November. The day that heroes could not save the world. ~In remembrance of City of Heroes.
#7CascaydePosted 12/13/2012 11:59:38 PM
I usually buy either a BF or Vamp Scepter depending on how much I go back with on my first b. Then after BT I go sheen, then either IE or finish the trinity. Finish it off with a GA, maybe another BT and a LW.
---
GT: DeLaMal
#8Noblesse_Posted 12/14/2012 12:19:45 AM
Cleaver
Iceborn Gauntlet
BT
IE
Boots
Situational

I've been seeing some Ezreals going this way and it works pretty damn well since the patch came out. Didn't realize Chaox did this build till today too.
---
Noblesse Oblige May you go on and conduct in a honorable manor.
#9mattislegionPosted 12/14/2012 12:22:37 AM
Normal Triforce rush into BT is still good. BT -> Brutalizer -> Iceborn Gauntlet might be better, but you're gonna be doing less damage mid game I think.
---
"Stranded in this spooky town."
LoL IGN: Matt Is Legion, A Mole Sitting