I have not lost mid once with Elise

#1PorkinzPosted 12/17/2012 10:49:47 AM(edited)
I have played many, many, many, many games with Elise...I'd say about 75% of those were mid 15% Top and 10% Jungle

I really think Mid is a lot better for her than going top. Jungle great too if you have lanes with hard CC like TF, Taric, Shen, etc

As I have said: I have never lost my lane as Mid Elise
Some matchups can get hairy, but I've never felt like I couldn't win.

Popular mids Elise just WTF pwns: (mostly anyone who relies on skillshots heavily)
Lux, Brand, Kassadin, Gragas, TF, Anivia, Cho, Karthus, Diana, Galio, Katarina, Morgana, Orianna, Syndra, Veigar, Vladimir, Xerath, Ziggs

Her weaknesses are champs that have targeted abilities and hard CC
I've had trouble against LeBlanc, Annie, Victor, Ryze, etc.

In those cases I just have to farm and wait for a gank and abuse the exploding spider's pathing.
I've never really been put in danger without a jungler gank as cocoon can put a stop to aggression and Rappel to the wraiths is an easy escape.

I really dig the versatility of Elise. She can lane top or mid, or jungle.
She is a capable AP caster, but can also go toe to toe with bruisers and other auto attack champs in Spider mode.
The cocoon CC has won me a couple games, and rappel has saved my ass many a time, and help me get so many escaping kills.

Anyways, just felt like sharing as I feel like Elise is hugely underrated outside of solo top.

My summoner name is Taoist Magic if you want to view my match history
#2Walker_RealPosted 12/17/2012 10:51:05 AM
I just got beat by Elise as a mid Kat, it was shocking to say the least.

She just out burst me hard and could escape too easily...

I also perfectly dodged 90% of her spiders which she would cleverly flank me with... but about mid game it wasn't enough. She could Spider jump my ult and out last me, ultimately able to outzone me too hard...
#3Alakazam_fanPosted 12/17/2012 10:51:21 AM
http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/People_d26472_256610.jpg
---
Don't stop, never give up, hold your head high and reach the top. Let the world see what you have got. Bring it all back to you.
~Elise is mai waifu~
#4tpoyoyPosted 12/17/2012 10:52:14 AM
Porkinz posted...
I have played many, many, many, many games with Elise...I'd say about 75% of those were mid 15% Top and 10% Jungle

I really think Mid is a lot better for her than going top. Jungle great too if you have lanes with hard CC like TF, Taric, Shen, etc

Popular mids Elise just WTF pwns: (mostly anyone who relies on skillshots heavily)
Lux, Brand, Kassadin, Gragas, TF, Anivia, Cho, Karthus, Diana, Galio, Katarina, Morgana, Orianna, Syndra, Veigar, Vladimir, Xerath, Ziggs

In those cases I just have to farm and wait for a gank and abuse the exploding spider's pathing.
I've never really been put in danger without a jungler gank as cocoon can put a stop to aggression and Rappel to the wraiths is an easy escape.

She is a capable AP caster, but can also go toe to toe with bruisers and other auto attack champs in Spider mode.
The cocoon CC has won me a couple games, and rappel has saved my ass many a time, and help me get so many escaping kills.

Anyways, just felt like sharing as I feel like Elise is hugely underrated outside of solo top.

runes/masteries?

favorite items to build?
#5DiplomacySCPosted 12/17/2012 10:54:38 AM
I haven't lost top with her either, after ~15 top lane Elise games.

But I don't know what to do in teamfights.
#6Theivey3Posted 12/17/2012 10:56:34 AM
I just got beat by Elise as a mid Kat, it was shocking to say the least.

She just out burst me hard and could escape too easily...

I also perfectly dodged 90% of her spiders which she would cleverly flank me with... but about mid game it wasn't enough. She could Spider jump my ult and out last me, ultimately able to outzone me too hard...

Elise counters Kat hard. She outpokes with % health damage, can easily dodge Kat's ult, and has just more skills to use.
---
http://i.imgur.com/Pg5EG.jpg
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/theivey3
#7SorrySleepingPosted 12/17/2012 10:57:11 AM
The main problem with Elise has always been her teamfighting. She might win lanes, but so do other champions without being so useless in teamfights.
---
~{Always Sleeping}~
#8Porkinz(Topic Creator)Posted 12/17/2012 10:59:50 AM
tpoyoy posted...
Porkinz posted...

runes/masteries?

favorite items to build?

21-9-0
with MPen reds, flat armor yellow (Id use scaling if I had them), and mres blues
You can run out of mana early if you spam with this, but after a few lvls and your first doran's ring, it shouldn't be a problem

I usually go boots/3pot
then dorans
sorc boots
Haunting Guise
Rylai's
Liandry's
-Game is usually over or almost over-
then just build to counter
Deathcap/Hourglass/Abyssal/Void
#9_HeXPosted 12/17/2012 11:03:38 AM
SorrySleeping posted...
The main problem with Elise has always been her teamfighting. She might win lanes, but so do other champions without being so useless in teamfights.

I don't know where people are getting this highly inaccurate idea from, but it's not true. If you're useless in teamfights it has everything to do with the player, and not the champion.

Elise is more than capable of instagibbing the enemy adc in a teamfight and walking away without a scratch if you play her correctly. She can stay back and throw out poke and harras in human form until either side engages.
---
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.
#10Porkinz(Topic Creator)Posted 12/17/2012 11:05:42 AM
SorrySleeping posted...

I feel like her teamfight presence is strong as well (maybe cause I get fed most games)
Come mid game, you are the biggest threat out there.

Late game, your full combo can easily blow up the carry...and you will have no problems getting to him with Rappel once your team initiates.

Her poke is fantastic against tower defenders and exploding spiders can whittle away their HP while you remain safe.

Spider form is deceptively tanky too with a free 25 armor/mres.

Her burst AND sustained DPS is high, so I feel like she is STILL a strong teamfighter

As long as you stick close to your team, abuse her stun, switch forms CONSTANTLY...she is great in teamfights