AP Nasus Guide: Or, How To Destroy The Meta And Have Fun Doing It

#11CovenantPosted 12/18/2012 7:30:57 PM
More Criticisms:

Nasus mid in no way "destroy[s] the meta". It isn't even a real deviation from the meta. Strong pushers that farm the jungle are damn near standard at this point.

If you did actually manage to succeed with this strategy, your opponents could just laneswap and you'd be right back to being Nasus versus a bruiser, only now you're running magic resist runes. Meanwhile, your top probably picked an AP champion suited to top, since your team needs more magic damage than AP Nasus provides, which usually don't work terribly well against traditional mids, especially when they run armor runes.

Nasus loses his lane to nearly anyone with a ranged autoattack, especially when he uses magic resist and health runes. He'll get harassed out of lane by anybody who understands what right clicking on people does. The only way you'll even get to the point where you'll clear minion waves with Spirit Fire is to either lane against extremely bad players or have your jungler camp your lane so hard that he's going to put the other lanes behind.

Lastly, Nasus contributes practically nothing to teamfights before very late in the game where he is still practically useless due to how easily he is kited. Have fun losing every dragon that your opponents are aware enough to contest.

You're playing against awful players and winning with an awful mid pick. If you're even winning, which you haven't shown in any way whatsoever.

TheConductorSix posted...
This is where you're wrong.

Spirit Fire trades up front damage for 2 things

This is where I'm wrong, immediately followed by an admission that I'm right? Okay. Spirit Fire does pathetic damage, considering its cooldown and the amount of time people have to stand in it. It doesn't even clear the entire minion wave before level 9 with significant amounts of AP.

As for your point about how you can throw a third of your mana pool at somebody to get a couple of autoattacks and a Withering Strike that you haven't even been able to farm: your opponent can have CC too, or even a blink to get away.
#12TheConductorSix(Topic Creator)Posted 12/18/2012 9:53:33 PM
http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/22970510#history

I went and played 2 games just to show you guys what I mean.

1st Game I faced Vlad and got camped by Shaco HARD. I gave up the first 2 kills of the game to Shaco even with Pinks. My Fiddle was so upset that I picked AP Nasus he wouldn't gank or give me blue. So I just Spirit Fire'd the lane, farmed wraiths, and ended up carrying safely.

2nd Game I faced one of AP Nasus' greatest counters: Ziggs. He dominated levels 1-4 but thanks to Flask and 7 potions I sustained. Once I hit Level 5 I just cleared mid, took wraiths, and was winning handily. I was up 2-0 but the rest of my lanes failed hard.

1.The problem with Nasus is that yes, he loses early game. So does Diana, Katarina, and a lot of other champions. Losing 1-4 doesn't mean losing the game unless you're inexperienced.

2.Crystalline Flask eliminates that early game problem. Before, there was no item you could buy to go mid that would give you the sustain you need. Boots only gave you 3 pots. The magic resist item gave 2 pots. Flask is a keepable item that you can pair 7 potions with. Crystalline Flask makes so many champions useable. Best Item NA.

3.You're judgment of Spirit Fire is simple minded. Yes, you are partially right, The base damage on Spirit Fire is low. But you forget is that it isn't about the damage but how it works with Nasus Kit. Morgana's Pool has bad damages but it lowers Magic Resist which makes the rest of her kit stronger. Nasus Pool lowers armor by 40. Most Mages have 30 armor levels 1-9. This means you are doing more than true damage with Q. In team fights, -40 armor on everyone is MASSIVE in Season 3.

People are still looking at Nasus on the Season 2 Patch and not looking at how Season 3 works. I know because I deal with this daily. Most of you are what they call the bottom level of League Understanding.

Top Level: Pro Players. They create and make popular styles and builds.
Mid Level: These players see top players and emulate it. This is how it spreads
Bottom Level: They see everyone playing it and then accept it as canon.
---
Realo won gold at the Sex Olympics with a BROKEN FRIGGIN NECK.-Voltch
#13BowtotheTWIGPosted 12/18/2012 9:59:13 PM(edited)
I've tried this build before

It's awesome. 3/0 with it.

You get less Q farm than you would normally get top lane since your E clears so well, but your more damaging ult makes up for it

EDIT: Your amazing push power also tends to mean less CS for opposing mids. Many cannot CS well under towers.
---
Top Solo Lulu Guide: http://solomid.net/guides.php?g=28448
20 different Final Fantasy Ratings in Quote.
#14TheConductorSix(Topic Creator)Posted 12/18/2012 9:59:51 PM
Nasus mid in no way "destroy[s] the meta". It isn't even a real deviation from the meta. Strong pushers that farm the jungle are damn near standard at this point.

If you did actually manage to succeed with this strategy, your opponents could just laneswap and you'd be right back to being Nasus versus a bruiser, only now you're running magic resist runes. Meanwhile, your top probably picked an AP champion suited to top, since your team needs more magic damage than AP Nasus provides, which usually don't work terribly well against traditional mids, especially when they run armor runes.

Nasus loses his lane to nearly anyone with a ranged autoattack, especially when he uses magic resist and health runes. He'll get harassed out of lane by anybody who understands what right clicking on people does. The only way you'll even get to the point where you'll clear minion waves with Spirit Fire is to either lane against extremely bad players or have your jungler camp your lane so hard that he's going to put the other lanes behind.

Lastly, Nasus contributes practically nothing to teamfights before very late in the game where he is still practically useless due to how easily he is kited. Have fun losing every dragon that your opponents are aware enough to contest.

You're playing against awful players and winning with an awful mid pick. If you're even winning, which you haven't shown in any way whatsoever.

1.Nasus is different than "the meta" because he's an AP Tank in mid lane. This frees up your jungle and top to run carry champions. That's meta breaking because of what comps you can run because of it.

2.Wrong. If your opponents lane swap, they'd be sending their AP Carry into the most dangerous lane in the game to face my bruiser. They have no escapes. Their abilites push the lane. They would die all the time. I know because I've had it happen dozens of times. The fact that Nasus can force this switch is a good thing.

3.Already explained this. Nasus does lose 1-4 but so does Katarina and Diana. Flask and 7 pots lets any mid laner sustain and erase their early start. The 10 or CS you are behind can be made up with Spirit Fire. And since when does camping mid but other lanes behind? What kind of bads are you playing with that can't hold their lane?

4.Again, you're wrong. You're just stating opinions where as everyone is looking for facts. Nasus does great in team fights. Wither completely shuts down Carrys or Bruisers. Spirit Fire lowers an entire team's armor by 40. Most importantly, his Ultimate is GOD MODE. It's completely game changing.

I get it, it's new and different and I know people react to these things. They get angry and frantic. They get hyperbolic. I'll tell you the same thing I tell everyone: Try it before you rage.
---
#15TheConductorSix(Topic Creator)Posted 12/18/2012 10:03:45 PM
Yes. That's one of the main things people don't understand.

Nasus Q is a luxury, not a necessity. Most people pick Bruiser Nasus and lose the game because they think "GOTTA FARM Q AND ONE SHOT PEOPLE". If you can farm with Q safely then sure, do it. But it's not necessary.

Nasus is a hyper carry. He scales with items. AP Nasus lets you reach Hyper Carry status much faster because E let's you get 13 creeps a minute.

Also, when you clear that fast, enemy Mids get shoved into turret and they're zoned because they don't want to enter the Spirit Fire zone.
---
#16SoraOwnsAllPosted 12/18/2012 10:07:10 PM
1 win, 1 loss, and a 50% win rate in season 2

man ap nassus sure is OP
---
"I'm no hero, never was, never will be. I'm just an old killer hired to do some wet work." - Solid Snake.
#17SlimJimPPJPosted 12/18/2012 10:11:39 PM
Liandry's should be core on AP Nasus
---
radda radda
#18masterplumPosted 12/18/2012 10:16:35 PM
Oh, I heard someone on b8 praising this too and...

wait a second
---
yE frE me Kweku Ananse Papa
me:http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/1508/masterplumgm3.jpg
#19MrGiblePosted 12/18/2012 10:40:34 PM
TheConductorSix posted...
This is where you're wrong.

Spirit Fire trades up front damage for 2 things

1.Size. Again, Morgana's pool can farm all 6 creeps if you position them correctly and bunch them up. Nasus E clears it every single time. There is no better farmer in League of Legends than AP Nasus. You will have a Gold/Level lead for the entirety of the game.

2.Armor decrease. In this modern LOL where % Pen and Flat Pen work the way they do, Nasus Spirit Fire essentially turns team fights into True Damage fights for your ADs. Have you ever been an AP Carry with 30 armor, Withered inside of Spirit Fire so that your armor is 0, and then getting hit by a Q from Nasus? It. Hurts. Alot.

1. Mordekaiser farms by usine e q and then does wraiths and wolves and then enemy wraiths,
---
Evidence is absolute. Logic is flawed.
#20KirbixPosted 12/18/2012 10:48:41 PM(edited)
1.Nasus is different than "the meta" because he's an AP Tank in mid lane. This frees up your jungle and top to run carry champions. That's meta breaking because of what comps you can run because of it.

Just need to address this one point.

You don't have any clue what "meta" means, do you. Push your lane, farm jungle camps, make sure you're ready for team fights. That's one of the two major roles of mid in the "meta". How is this any different from MordeKaiser, Karthus, Anivia, Orianna, or any other farmfest mid champ? You're either farming the crap out of your lane so that you are good in team fights, or you're pushing your lane so that you can roam and gank. Nasus fits into the former category without any stretch of the imagination whatsoever.

Hell, people are running AD bruisers mid now; Nasus is almost more "meta" now than he was before.
---
Signatures that consist of quotes are bizarre- you could falsify a quote and no one would know.-Jesus