AP Nasus Guide: Or, How To Destroy The Meta And Have Fun Doing It

#111TheConductorSix(Topic Creator)Posted 12/19/2012 4:07:15 PM
Your idea doesn't seem like it works and the evidence you've provided damages your case, in my opinion. You played two Normal games against people who were 200 Elo lower than you and still only performed okay.

You can't let K/D/A dictate a game. Biggest mistake people make. Going 6/4 with 230 CS as a legitimate tank is a strong game.

First game I can't agree that you carried as you did relatively little damage for a champion who AE farms creep waves and had the second-least fight participation on your team. I see Mordekaiser games wherein they have less CS over a similar amount of time and up to 30% more damage dealt, so it seems like your damage dealt stat is heavily padded by your farming. Spirit Fire's armor debuff and Wither are all well and good, but you get that regardless of which lane you play Nasus in and how you build so I don't see it as a strong point in your favor.

Why do people bring up Mordekaiser? He's not a tank. He has no CC. He is 100% damage. Again, being tanky doesn't make you a tank. Get this through your heads.

I feel that you could have won the second game had you picked a better mid. Your top fed hard, but their AD carry was down nearly 2000 gold on yours and was stacking Attack Speed as Caitlyn. I feel that if you had picked a mid that could actually contend with Ziggs and stop him from going 8/0/9, you would have had a really good shot at winning that game.

Some games are unwinnable. Ziggs beat me 1-4 and then I stomped him 5-11. The rest of my team failed badly. We never even team fought. They just got picked off 1 by 1 and snowballed.

I find your argument that laneswaps roll in your favor to be questionable. You make a lot of assumptions about the kinds of champions people are going to pick that I don't believe your AP Nasus mid pick encourages (bruiser top is made less likely by a lack of confidence in your ability to succeed as AP Nasus mid) and your claim that all AP carries push lanes with their abilities and have no escapes is, frankly, laughable.

Do you know why AP Carrys go mid? I've explained it in my other topic: The Lanes and Champions who Dominate them. Bruisers hard counter AP Carrys except for Ryze. The longer lane basically ensures that your AP Carry loses.

If you could set the enemy mid behind, I could see the value in taking a tanky mid and having an AP carryish champion in the jungle or top. But you aren't winning mid lane nearly hard enough to actually make it worthwhile, in my opinion.

An Opinion only gains value when there is experience behind it. Until you've played AP Nasus you can't really give an opinion with value.

Lastly, AP Nasus mid doesn't seem that much different than Cho'Gath mid, which people have been raving about for weeks. So, once again, I really don't see how you're doing much of anything to the meta with this pick.

AP Nasus and Cho'Gath fit the same role of AP Tank. The difference is that Nasus does more damage than Cho, has no counters what so ever, farms better than Cho. If you like AP Mid Cho, you'll LOVE AP Nasus.

The only way to really tell whether or not the build works is to see it in a game. Set up a time to play a couple of games as AP Nasus and I'll add and spectate you (on one of my smurf accounts because I'm mildly paranoid).

Like I offered to a gentleman earlier, Add me and we'll do a custom game. You pick ANY AP CARRY IN THE GAME and I'll pick Nasus. You'll see first hand.
---
Realo won gold at the Sex Olympics with a BROKEN FRIGGIN NECK.-Voltch
#112TheConductorSix(Topic Creator)Posted 12/19/2012 4:10:00 PM
Again, I'll never understand why people get so angry and snarky when faced with something new. It's so...silly.

You guys can't even discuss anything without falling back to sarcasm and snark. It's sad.

Galio gets countered by AD Assassins and he even loses to a few AP Mids. Katarina can beat him if she just builds all Magic Penetration and harasses him constantly.

AP Nasus has no counters. AP Nasus goes far more damage than Galio. AP Nasus has sustained damage while Galio has one big burst.
---
#113OtachiSwordXLPosted 12/19/2012 5:19:41 PM
I'd consider trying this but you sound so pretentious and you keep repeating yourself. I feel like I'm being sold into a pyramid scheme rather than taught a new build.
---
Zomg, Otachi too? BEST. ORGY. EVER. - Boldrin
I've had enough of your disingenuous assertions!
#114SirDanieIPosted 12/19/2012 5:21:18 PM
TheConductorSix posted...
You guys can't even discuss anything without falling back to sarcasm and snark. It's sad.

I didn't say anything of the sort :p
---
23/11/12 Me: WTF Why do you have 6 boots?
NoobElise: Aren't I a spider?
#115UnderwaterAirPosted 12/19/2012 6:01:42 PM
*sigh*
Here comes the flood of AP Nasus players thinking they're the new thing because of this topic and a low elo player winning a few games at low elo with him.

Word to anyone listening: anything works at lower elo ratings. ANYTHING.
---
http://oi41.tinypic.com/9ht4ea.jpg
No matter which way you slice it you'll both be ending up in Hell!
#116SlimJimPPJPosted 12/19/2012 6:29:37 PM
I've tried AP Nasus many times top with mixed success, do you think he is better suited mid than top?
---
radda radda
#117TheConductorSix(Topic Creator)Posted 12/19/2012 6:31:44 PM
If people wouldn't keep responding with the same retorts I've answered 100 times I wouldn't have to repeat myself.

I've used AP Nasus at 1700-1900 Elo. He works there as well. So....yeah.

No. AP nasus is not suited for top for the same reason AD Nasus isn't. Top Laners bully him too easily and the lane is too long for him to escape it
---
#118DiortePosted 12/19/2012 8:04:38 PM
If people wouldn't keep responding with the same retorts I've answered 100 times I wouldn't have to repeat myself.

No. AP nasus is not suited for top for the same reason AD Nasus isn't. Top Laners bully him too easily and the lane is too long for him to escape it

I'm saving this topic so when later on everyone starts saying AP Nasus OP we can prove how sheepish they really are.
---
Dark Sun Gwyndolin - "Amazing trap ahead."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6udew9axmdM
#119SirDanieIPosted 12/19/2012 8:45:29 PM
Tried 5 more games with this build; i won 3 and lost 2 giving me a 50 percent win rate. 1 of the wins was AD. What I found in each game is that the jungler loved to camp me all day and I found it quite hard to escape ganks. Also I decided to use this build against melees (diana, gragas) this time and it found that I did alot better than when I vsed ranged (always lost vs ranged and won against melees). The ranged I vsed were TF, Orianna (i got stomped very very bad but he was claiming that he was a 1900 elo smurf) and Ryze (didn't lose too badly to Ryze but he eventually carried the game). I actually did really well melees so no problems there. I tried standard Nasus mid once and really wasn't bad at all; I had plenty of q farm and my enemy couldn't stop me from farming due to my lifesteal and visage.
Diorte posted...

I'm saving this topic so when later on everyone starts saying AP Nasus OP we can prove how sheepish they really are.

Definitely not OP at the moment; but could be with some changes. Quite a few stronger choices at the moment.
---
23/11/12 Me: WTF Why do you have 6 boots?
NoobElise: Aren't I a spider?
#120SlaynPosted 12/19/2012 8:58:02 PM

How many times have you used AP Nasus in ranked, because you barely have any ranked Nasus games at all.
---
#1 LoL Poster NA: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/954437-league-of-legends/63627116