AP Nasus Guide: Or, How To Destroy The Meta And Have Fun Doing It

#121DiortePosted 12/19/2012 9:01:16 PM
SirDanieI posted...
Definitely not OP at the moment; but could be with some changes. Quite a few stronger choices at the moment.

Trying to cover your butthurt ahead of time, eh?
---
Dark Sun Gwyndolin - "Amazing trap ahead."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6udew9axmdM
#122SirDanieIPosted 12/19/2012 9:11:18 PM
Diorte posted...
SirDanieI posted...
Definitely not OP at the moment; but could be with some changes. Quite a few stronger choices at the moment.

Trying to cover your butthurt ahead of time, eh?

There is no need to be so immature. I have remained constructive in this topic and have tried this build 6 times in ranked and I think Nasus is a decent AP mid. I have gave constructive criticisms in which TC has acknowledged (Tf beats this and a few other things). There is no need to act like a kid with profanities just because you hear something you don't like.
---
23/11/12 Me: WTF Why do you have 6 boots?
NoobElise: Aren't I a spider?
#123HyperTailsManPosted 12/19/2012 9:35:00 PM
AP Nasus.

Lich Bane not found.

WTF
---
Just call me HTM
#124TheConductorSix(Topic Creator)Posted 12/19/2012 9:57:01 PM
1.I don't get to play many AP Nasus games in ranked, because, like you, the community reacts poorly to new ideas. They're sheep who need to watch a pro player do it first.

2.Twisted Fate beats everyone don't feel about that. He has no bad matchups right now except for Diana. AP Nasus stomps Diana and any other melee champion.

3.As AP Nasus you have to accept that unless your opponent is bad, they're going to bully you from levels 1-4. From 5-11 your lane opponent doesn't exist at all. AP Nasus is like Karthus: If your opponent tries to fight then go ahead and stomp them into dust, but for the most part just farm everything and carry the game.

4.Lich Bane is not the worth the cost on Nasus at all. God Gist gives Mana, CDR, Armor, Slow, 125% proc. This is far better than 5% movespeed and AP proc.
---
Realo won gold at the Sex Olympics with a BROKEN FRIGGIN NECK.-Voltch
#125McBonesIIPosted 12/19/2012 9:57:58 PM
I have tons of experience with Nasus in general, been playing him on/off ever since I started League. In S2 (as standard tank toplaner) he was near unplayable due to how easily you could counter him, there were few situations where he'd be safe, and he'd basically play solo until ~25 min.

I agree that Flask is an incredibly important tool for him is S3, so I'm excited to see what he's capable of now. I will admit I'm one of the ones who would place everything into Q farm. I have never tried AP Nasus anywhere except ARAM but I'll definitely give this some tries and see where it takes me. If I see you in-game I'll hit you up w/ questions
---
http://img.imgcake.com/McBones/MvC3politicalupdatejpgyt.jpg
#126TheConductorSix(Topic Creator)Posted 12/19/2012 10:00:08 PM
Also, as any Nasus player knows, the jungler is going to camp the crap out of you. You could be anywhere and the enemy team is going to go at you hard.

This is one of the reasons I ALWAYS run Exhuast on AP Nasus. Not only does it keep people inside your E/R combo, it also makes ganks nigh impossible. Wither the Jungler, Exhuast enemy mid, escape everything.

Once you reach Level 5-7, you should never be in lane long enough to get ganked. Ever. Spirit Fire, Q 1-2 creeps, run to wraiths and Q a couple of them. Run to wolves and Q them. Go back mid and Spirit Fire.
---
#127Soldier3rdClassPosted 12/19/2012 10:11:49 PM
Well one thing I'm sure tired of now though is people saying and trolling and trying to put blame on me if we lose. You'll also get people who go well since he's trolling I will too.

http://i.imgur.com/l7Qo3.jpg

I also never died in laning so he just makes stuff up to put the blame on someone else.
---
2500K @4.5Ghz // GTX 680 SC SLI // 8GB RAM // Extreme3 Gen3 Mobo
SteamID: SmurfyD
#128SirDanieIPosted 12/19/2012 10:13:31 PM
TheConductorSix posted...
1.I don't get to play many AP Nasus games in ranked, because, like you, the community reacts poorly to new ideas. They're sheep who need to watch a pro player do it first.

-.- Really? I have been nice and polite and played this build several times in ranked while giving constructive and polite criticism. I haven't dismissed this build outright like the other guys and actually tested it out for myself with an open mind so I haven't reacted poorly to this just because its new. My points were all valid; losing to Tf, good against melees mediocre vs ranged etc. I feel that I was unjustly branded as a sheep when I have been completely open to this; I think hes a decent AP mid just like most of the others.
---
23/11/12 Me: WTF Why do you have 6 boots?
NoobElise: Aren't I a spider?
#129TheConductorSix(Topic Creator)Posted 12/19/2012 10:16:53 PM
I wasn't talking to you SirDaniel :(

And yes, you need to understand, when faced with new ideas, the majority will ALWAYS react poorly. You must remember we are animals and pack animals at that. Our first notion is to go with the crowd. Most people are followers who are trained to do what they're told until told otherwise.

I remember when people said AP Yi was troll. When people said AP Kog'Maw was troll. When they said JunglePlank could never work, etc.
---
#130dennis941012Posted 12/19/2012 10:26:12 PM
I wasn't talking to you SirDaniel :(

And yes, you need to understand, when faced with new ideas, the majority will ALWAYS react poorly. You must remember we are animals and pack animals at that. Our first notion is to go with the crowd. Most people are followers who are trained to do what they're told until told otherwise.

I remember when people said AP Yi was troll. When people said AP Kog'Maw was troll. When they said JunglePlank could never work, etc.

AP nasus doesn't work PAblo proved it!
well the thing is it may work and get nasus going
but there aren't many ranged top or jungle
and neither of thoese lanes have good amount of long range poke skills as well
so only "true" range other then support will be adc which will limit teamfight option
What will team do when they are getting poked down?
---
(>")> <(' ')> <("<)
~GameFAQs LoL Board Supreme Leader~> voted by http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=89123