AP Nasus Guide: Or, How To Destroy The Meta And Have Fun Doing It

#151Xion350Posted 12/20/2012 9:46:46 AM
I hope you also realize that if you're clearing waves with Spirit Fire, you get zero Q farm.
---
Remember remember... the 30th of November. The day that heroes could not save the world. ~In remembrance of City of Heroes.
#152masterplumPosted 12/20/2012 10:32:17 AM
I hope you also realize that if you're clearing waves with Spirit Fire, you get zero Q farm.

*didn't read topic*
---
yE frE me Kweku Ananse Papa
me:http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/1508/masterplumgm3.jpg
#153CovenantPosted 12/20/2012 11:22:07 AM
TheConductorSix posted...
You can't let K/D/A dictate a game. Biggest mistake people make. Going 6/4 with 230 CS as a legitimate tank is a strong game.

At no point did I mention KDA. I did, however, mention several other relevant statistics that you blatantly ignored.

Some games are unwinnable. Ziggs beat me 1-4 and then I stomped him 5-11. The rest of my team failed badly. We never even team fought. They just got picked off 1 by 1 and snowballed.

I can't see that from your LolKing and your conduct in this thread, specifically the way that you ignore and misrepresent arguments that you don't have any meaningful defense against, doesn't make me inclined to believe you. Same for your claim that you played him at 1700 Elo and succeeded, since there's no evidence for that either.

Also, not seeing how you stomped a Ziggs who went 8/0/9. Obviously you didn't kill him and it hardly seems like you forced him to defend his tower so he couldn't get kills.

Do you know why AP Carrys go mid? I've explained it in my other topic: The Lanes and Champions who Dominate them. Bruisers hard counter AP Carrys except for Ryze. The longer lane basically ensures that your AP Carry loses.

Once again, you've completely ignored my actual point. I'm beginning to think that you're purposefully avoiding points that you can't actually argue against.

An Opinion only gains value when there is experience behind it. Until you've played AP Nasus you can't really give an opinion with value.

Amusing. I'm not actually wasting time with this garbage troll pick. I offered to set up a time where you could play a game and I'd spectate to see if it actually works and that's all you'll get from me.

Like I offered to a gentleman earlier, Add me and we'll do a custom game. You pick ANY AP CARRY IN THE GAME and I'll pick Nasus. You'll see first hand.

This isn't a 1v1 game and a 1v1 would miss the main point upon which I disagree with you. I want to see the pick work in an actual game.

I've given you a reasonable method in which you can prove your point to me. Kindly agree to it or let it be known that you're just s***posting for attention.
#154duffmanslimPosted 12/20/2012 11:51:46 AM
Covenant posted...

Some games are unwinnable. Ziggs beat me 1-4 and then I stomped him 5-11. The rest of my team failed badly. We never even team fought. They just got picked off 1 by 1 and snowballed.

I can't see that from your LolKing and your conduct in this thread, specifically the way that you ignore and misrepresent arguments that you don't have any meaningful defense against, doesn't make me inclined to believe you. Same for your claim that you played him at 1700 Elo and succeeded, since there's no evidence for that either.

Also, not seeing how you stomped a Ziggs who went 8/0/9. Obviously you didn't kill him and it hardly seems like you forced him to defend his tower so he couldn't get kills.

Do you know why AP Carrys go mid? I've explained it in my other topic: The Lanes and Champions who Dominate them. Bruisers hard counter AP Carrys except for Ryze. The longer lane basically ensures that your AP Carry loses.

Once again, you've completely ignored my actual point. I'm beginning to think that you're purposefully avoiding points that you can't actually argue against.

An Opinion only gains value when there is experience behind it. Until you've played AP Nasus you can't really give an opinion with value.

Amusing. I'm not actually wasting time with this garbage troll pick. I offered to set up a time where you could play a game and I'd spectate to see if it actually works and that's all you'll get from me.

Like I offered to a gentleman earlier, Add me and we'll do a custom game. You pick ANY AP CARRY IN THE GAME and I'll pick Nasus. You'll see first hand.

This isn't a 1v1 game and a 1v1 would miss the main point upon which I disagree with you. I want to see the pick work in an actual game.

I've given you a reasonable method in which you can prove your point to me. Kindly agree to it or let it be known that you're just s***posting for attention.

So let me get this straight...

You don't have the time to try this out in a normal to see if this works for yourself, instead of wasting everybody's time.
You do have the time to stuff about in this thread and spectate a match of someone else playing this for you.

Do I understand it all correctly?

I really don't have any words that won't get me banned that will show my complete and utter disdain for you.
---
Sense is Garbage, *CRUNCH!* I Add it to the Heap!" -Sho Minamimoto-
LoL IGN: Baldimus IV
#155TheConductorSix(Topic Creator)Posted 12/20/2012 11:54:11 AM
Hey Covenant, here's an idea, play an actual game. Then you can see it yourself :)

As for being kited, Cho'Gath also has no gap closers. He has to land his pop up to initiate. Champions are built in such fashions as to not make them broken. Nasus simply has to land a Wither. If you run into a poke comp with Janna then your team needs to run Shurys or Twin Shadow for the hard engage.

A friend of mine from Board 8 who gave me the AP Nasus Build, who sits between 1700-2000k elo, ran it last night.

I'll try and get him in here to explain to you how strong it is even at platinum elo.
---
Realo won gold at the Sex Olympics with a BROKEN FRIGGIN NECK.-Voltch
#156ZorenPosted 12/20/2012 11:55:41 AM
Xion350 posted...

this is probably why this is not a great idea, you might be able to derp cs your way into near perfect farm, but what exact threat is he unless you give him another 30 mins to farm up his Q mid-late? by that point you could have snowballed off any other champion if you are good at csing.

amongst other problems, his spitfire costs ton of mana, in any case blue gets stolen or anything, your jungler and your mid is totally behind and likely the game.
---
Metroid DS name: Sacadam FC: 201931021467
Starcraft Broodwars: Newplayer1
#157CovenantPosted 12/20/2012 12:33:06 PM
duffmanslim posted...
You don't have the time to try this out in a normal to see if this works for yourself, instead of wasting everybody's time.
You do have the time to stuff about in this thread and spectate a match of someone else playing this for you.

Do I understand it all correctly?

Here's what you don't understand.

It would take me a lot of time to actually do this since my Normal Elo is high enough that queues are significant, which is compounded by the potential for dodging and a lack of cooperation from my team. It could literally take me hours to get one game in.

I also don't want to do something that is going to damage other people's enjoyment of the game. This is more important to me than usual because there is a relatively small pool of players that I actually get queued with, some of which I actually like.

Lastly, were I to report back to this thread that I did not do well, which I suspect would be the result since I'm not playing against people 200 Elo lower than I am like TC was (and his performance was still middling by all available indications), it would be painted as my own incompetence rather than the fact that AP Nasus isn't a good pick.

TheConductorSix posted...
Hey Covenant, here's an idea, play an actual game. Then you can see it yourself :)

I will not be doing so, for the reasons listed above. Let me know when I can spectate a game.
#158zero3nbaPosted 12/20/2012 12:37:53 PM
A majority of the people criticizing this build haven't tried it yet. I thought it was quite fun,
---
But he's so smart and analytical, too. He could be a combination analyst and therapist. The world's first analrapist. - KMAnsem
#159TheConductorSix(Topic Creator)Posted 12/20/2012 1:09:34 PM
this is probably why this is not a great idea, you might be able to derp cs your way into near perfect farm, but what exact threat is he unless you give him another 30 mins to farm up his Q mid-late? by that point you could have snowballed off any other champion if you are good at csing.

amongst other problems, his spitfire costs ton of mana, in any case blue gets stolen or anything, your jungler and your mid is totally behind and likely the game.

I've answered both these question literally 10 times.

Q is a luxury on Nasus and even more so on AP Nasus. People's mistake is believing they need to free farm Q to 1000000 damage for Nasus to be good. This is wrong. Also, AP Nasus gets more opportunities to farm Q than top lane. He gets Wolves and Wraiths. He can also Q 1-2 creeps before Spirit Fire kills them. I get 5-6 Q procs a minute.

Secondly, Athene's Holy Grail lets you spam Spirit Fire as much as you want. I always build Chalice as my first item. Always.

---
---
Realo won gold at the Sex Olympics with a BROKEN FRIGGIN NECK.-Voltch
#160DiortePosted 12/20/2012 1:27:31 PM
So, because you made it sound good, I decided to actually try it. Just one question.

"1.Nasus E is the single best farming tool in the game. At Level 3 of Spirit Fire, you can clear all 6 minions...every single time...without fail. It's the largest pool in the game and never fails to kill all 6 creeps. I've broken 200 CS before 20 minutes more than 60% of games. "

Uh, wtf game are you playing bro, Nasus' E at level 3 does **** to farm with the runes/masteries/items you've described.
---
Dark Sun Gwyndolin - "Amazing trap ahead."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6udew9axmdM