AP Nasus Guide: Or, How To Destroy The Meta And Have Fun Doing It

#171TheConductorSix(Topic Creator)Posted 12/20/2012 5:53:18 PM
Game 1: Loss. My jungler chased Kat after a gank. Gave up first blood as he dove turret. She then went bottom, ran past 2 wards, triple killed. I tried explaining to my team that AP Nasus can run AP sustained damage but Viktor didn't understand much like some of you. Went top and fed Darius.

Fed Darius, Fed Kat, GG.
---
Realo won gold at the Sex Olympics with a BROKEN FRIGGIN NECK.-Voltch
#172CovenantPosted 12/20/2012 6:10:55 PM
TheConductorSix posted...
I run Scaling AP Blues and Quints, and 21/0/9 masteries. This allows me to 100% clear.

You need almost 200 AP, which your build doesn't have, for level 3 Spirit Fire, the rank being discussed, to clear melee minions.

It doesn't count as addressing the point if you're blatantly wrong.
#173TheConductorSix(Topic Creator)Posted 12/20/2012 6:22:46 PM
Game 2: Their Vi beat our Vi into submission. Their Jungle Jax snowballed out of control.

I destroyed Cho Mid but there's some games you just can't win.
---
#174SirDanieIPosted 12/20/2012 6:26:31 PM
Play ranked please
---
23/11/12 Me: WTF Why do you have 6 boots?
NoobElise: Aren't I a spider?
#175TheConductorSix(Topic Creator)Posted 12/20/2012 6:52:45 PM
I've tried. I get dodged too many times or trolled. 15 minute queues not fun.
---
#176DiortePosted 12/20/2012 6:57:00 PM
He ignored this point when I brought it up. It is still really good for clearing waves quickly, but not to the extent that you can just drop it and leave like he claims.

No, I answered it. You guys just read very poorly. Look at the talk I had with McBones. The Masteries/Runes I gave you guys are for beginners. I run Scaling AP Blues and Quints, and 21/0/9 masteries. This allows me to 100% clear.

For the Runes I set up, Level 3 Spirit Fire gets the creeps low enough to Q. Or, it lets you last hit the back line of creeps.

You could have laid that out a lot better. You made no mention that his E won't clear without that specific setup and that his "beginner setup" won't let you do this. I'll give it another shot.
---
Dark Sun Gwyndolin - "Amazing trap ahead."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6udew9axmdM
#177EnricoMarini01Posted 12/20/2012 7:10:21 PM
Game 2: Their Vi beat our Vi into submission. Their Jungle Jax snowballed out of control.

I destroyed Cho Mid but there's some games you just can't win.

I'd actually be interested to see that on LoLReplay or YT. As of now, we just get flat losses/wins, and have 0 indication if you carried, or you get carried unless we happen to spectate it (and I'm not on the NA server)

post vid plox uguu~
---
"Rewind, I wanna go it again, light up the dark, halo on the side
So I'll know it will not leave me wanting, I see my heart, waving me bye-bye"
#178SlimJimPPJPosted 12/20/2012 7:41:25 PM
Some dude previously posted that it is probably not viable in competitive 5's. I think it's quite the opposite - not too good in solo queue ranked but decent in 5's
---
radda radda
#179DiortePosted 12/20/2012 8:09:18 PM
I just did a round of it in solo queue. Really needed more AP in the beginning to make it work.

http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/22024524#history
---
Dark Sun Gwyndolin - "Amazing trap ahead."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6udew9axmdM
#180CovenantPosted 12/20/2012 8:26:45 PM
I caught the last two games he played.

He was using scaling ap runes and Spirit Fire failed to kill any minions until Rank 4, as just looking at the numbers told us it would. So you aren't dropping Spirit Fire on minions and walking away at level 5 as you suggested.

First game he was mid against Vi and was level 6 when she was level 4 (she overcommitted on a gank and died to tower). She caught up before he hit level 8 because he couldn't take advantage unless she engaged on him, which she didn't.

Got ganked by Vi and Nunu a later on and killed them both because Vi insisted on standing next to him instead of kiting him through Nunu ult. I kinda figured any Nasus could beat a new champ that fed a bit and the support, though.

Lost game 1 because Heimer went top, fed, and quit.

Second game he was mid against Teemo. Teemo maxes Blinding Dart first and stands near creeps so that he gets tagged by every Spirit Fire. They go roughly even in lane early due to Teemo's poor play, but he just can't stop Teemo alone when he pushes top later on. Nobody expects Nasus of any build to do well against Teemo, though.

Ganks bot and sacrifices himself to get his team a couple of kills. It would have gone differently were he a more traditional mid, but I don't think it would have gone much better.

He ganks top with his jungler and gets a kill on someone who is extremely overextended with no wards.

He pushes lane and goes to farm the jungle instead of helping his bottom lane and taking dragon, like the enemy team does a couple of times. Ezreal suffers as a result, which is kinda bad when you're relying on the AD carry to make up for your lack of damage by taking advantage of an armor debuff.

Lost game 2 because by the time he participated in fights, they had baron and two ranged damage dealers who could kill him fairly easily.

Didn't get to see anything I deem terribly useful for judging the build either way due to a lack of teamfight participation and atypical mid picks.