AP Nasus Guide: Or, How To Destroy The Meta And Have Fun Doing It

#181DiortePosted 12/20/2012 7:40:57 PM
I've tried every possible way I could think of to do as much damage with E as I could and have the mana regen to keep it up, none of them do what he says.
---
Dark Sun Gwyndolin - "Amazing trap ahead."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6udew9axmdM
#182CovenantPosted 12/21/2012 10:06:14 AM
Diorte posted...
I've tried every possible way I could think of to do as much damage with E as I could and have the mana regen to keep it up, none of them do what he says.

Melee minions have 445 + 20/3 minutes health.
Caster minions have 280 + 15/3 minutes health.

Spirit Fire does 280 damage at rank 3, 350 at rank 4 with a 1.2 AP ratio.

You still end up having to autoattack the melee minions, but with Withering Strike acting as an autoattack reset you can clear a wave very fast once you have Spirit Fire at rank 4. Drop Spirit Fire when the initial damage will kill the melee minion that has taken the brunt of the minion damage, autoattack one melee minion and finish off the last with Withering Strike.

As for the mana regen, from the games I watched he bases fairly often and thus doesn't stay terribly far ahead. I've only seen a couple of games though.
#183EphidelPosted 12/22/2012 4:24:35 PM
Well this place sure got quiet quickly, didn't it?
---
The time is out of joint. O cursed spite, that ever I was born to set it right!
http://i.imgur.com/UeT9n.gif
#184SirDanieIPosted 12/22/2012 5:00:50 PM
Ephidel posted...
Well this place sure got quiet quickly, didn't it?

Shhhhhh. Thread must die!!!
---
23/11/12 Me: WTF Why do you have 6 boots?
NoobElise: Aren't I a spider?
#185McBonesIIPosted 12/23/2012 6:54:18 AM(edited)

looking at your history, you only got chalice/athene's 3 times, and you went for merc treads four games with tabi once. you got philo twice, one time you upgraded it into eleisa's miracle. you got morello's twice, and in two games you were beginning to build a gunblade

I think many of these things are why you could not kill creeps with spirit fire and have mana regen to keep it up
---
http://img.imgcake.com/McBones/MvC3politicalupdatejpgyt.jpg
#186masterplumPosted 12/27/2012 7:16:48 PM
one time you upgraded it into eleisa's miracle

XD
---
yE frE me Kweku Ananse Papa
me:http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/1508/masterplumgm3.jpg
#187YusukenlPosted 12/27/2012 9:14:02 PM
Covenant posted...
Diorte posted...

Melee minions have 445 + 20/3 minutes health.
Caster minions have 280 + 15/3 minutes health.

Spirit Fire does 280 damage at rank 3, 350 at rank 4 with a 1.2 AP ratio.

You still end up having to autoattack the melee minions, but with Withering Strike acting as an autoattack reset you can clear a wave very fast once you have Spirit Fire at rank 4. Drop Spirit Fire when the initial damage will kill the melee minion that has taken the brunt of the minion damage, autoattack one melee minion and finish off the last with Withering Strike.

As for the mana regen, from the games I watched he bases fairly often and thus doesn't stay terribly far ahead. I've only seen a couple of games though.

you forgot to count in the AR&MR reduciton from E and as well the dmg from own minions

IMO, purposes of AP nasus are to cover the weakness that he has in early & mid game and to promote better lane phase to nasus. And I think there is a DIFFERENCE in between how effective nasus kills minions with AP items and how effective on promoting the purpose I mentioned above
#188OwlRammerPosted 12/27/2012 9:30:06 PM
All 6 losses with AD.

there's your problem you were building him AD
---
BlazBlue Continuum Shift - Main: Platinum Sub: Tager|OwlRammer for everything
MvC3 - Deadpool/Magneto/Spencer,X-23/Arthur/Spencer|Travian is awesome.
#189NomenkreaturePosted 12/27/2012 10:22:28 PM
McBonesII posted...

looking at your history, you only got chalice/athene's 3 times, and you went for merc treads four games with tabi once. you got philo twice, one time you upgraded it into eleisa's miracle. you got morello's twice, and in two games you were beginning to build a gunblade

I think many of these things are why you could not kill creeps with spirit fire and have mana regen to keep it up

Considering that TC claimed he needs all the mana regen possible in the beginning to keep up on waves, that's probably why he built like that. I've tried building nothing but flat AP on him and even then he can't clear waves OR keep up with the mana cost. What TC is claiming is just impossible. If you actually tried it you would see that. What's wrong with building mana regen on a mid that has mana problems? Spirit Fire simply isn't strong enough to clear waves and give time to wander and clear wraiths and gank. His ult makes him really beefy with AP, that's about it.
#190DiortePosted 12/29/2012 10:24:45 AM
So I finally got it to work as TC said, it just required every point you could take in the offense tree to do more AP damage and every AP rune you can possibly throw on there. E did clear back minions at level 3. He felt really squishy without his ult up, though, and that was just in a stupid bot game.
---
Dark Sun Gwyndolin - "Amazing trap ahead."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6udew9axmdM