AP Nasus Guide: Or, How To Destroy The Meta And Have Fun Doing It

#21HowardsPosted 12/18/2012 10:53:40 PM
Do you max Wither next or Q?
#22ReonikkiPosted 12/18/2012 11:11:30 PM(edited)
Sounds fun to me. Can't wait to try it on a couple of normals later. Thanks for the guide.

By the way, God fist refers to IBG, right?
#23TheConductorSix(Topic Creator)Posted 12/18/2012 11:12:18 PM
1.Mordekaiser has no CC. Mordekaiser can do big damages but he's not a tank. He can't replace the tank on your team. Don't even know why you'd bring him up.

You don't have any clue what "meta" means, do you. Push your lane, farm jungle camps, make sure you're ready for team fights. That's one of the two major roles of mid in the "meta". How is this any different from MordeKaiser, Karthus, Anivia, Orianna, or any other farmfest mid champ? You're either farming the crap out of your lane so that you are good in team fights, or you're pushing your lane so that you can roam and gank. Nasus fits into the former category without any stretch of the imagination whatsoever.

Hell, people are running AD bruisers mid now; Nasus is almost more "meta" now than he was before.

2.That is apart of the meta. But meta also includes team comps and strategies. Most of you have never had to worry about team comps or strategies, you just pick the champions you want and make sure to have a tank and an ad carry. Nasus changes the meta because he allows someone like Kayle/Tryndamere/Gangplank to go into the jungle and build carry, thus giving your team 2 hard carrys late game. You can also throw an assassin top because Nasus frees up so much for your team.

3.No one runs AD bruisers mid. They run AD Assassins. Kha'Zix, Pantheon, Lee Sin are all AD Asssassins. Jarvan can go mid but he also builds like an assassin because Jarvan is a very strong assassin.

4.You actually max Q first. You just need enough levels in E to one shot the wave. For some people that's Level 3 for others it's Level 4. The second you can clear waves with one E is when you start maxing Q for the cooldown. Wither is strong regardless of the level.
---
---
Realo won gold at the Sex Olympics with a BROKEN FRIGGIN NECK.-Voltch
#24joonyoungiePosted 12/18/2012 11:33:19 PM
I only play Nasus AP on ARAMs.
---
http://i.imgur.com/fiZMB.jpg http://i.imgur.com/TeSHa.jpg http://i.imgur.com/rBBQG.jpg http://i.imgur.com/xUh6r.png
#25duffmanslimPosted 12/18/2012 11:43:49 PM
I like your topics sir.
Please continue onwards on your educational quest with haste!
I'm tagging them for when I get back home to play again to try out.
---
Sense is Garbage, *CRUNCH!* I Add it to the Heap!" -Sho Minamimoto-
LoL IGN: Baldimus IV
#26BeerBongJohnPosted 12/18/2012 11:48:02 PM
Going mid and building AP is breaking the meta game? so does this mean when u go mid with AP Trista or AP Yi you're "destroying the meta"?
---
0% Class
100% A**
#27deoxxysPosted 12/18/2012 11:50:07 PM
Can you make a guide on Solomid for this, but more extensively?

like full build? Situtional items? viable items?

You only listed off Core items.
---
Any Goat on a cliff would tell you that..
#28Soldier3rdClassPosted 12/18/2012 11:59:40 PM(edited)
I'll do this later in a normals and post my results. I've always wanted to try it before and people always complain so I usually just give in.
---
2500K @4.5Ghz // GTX 680 SC SLI // 8GB RAM // Extreme3 Gen3 Mobo
SteamID: SmurfyD
#29TheConductorSix(Topic Creator)Posted 12/18/2012 11:59:05 PM
I'll explain once again since apparently people read as poorly on this board as they do Board 8.

Nasus breaks the Meta by opening up team composition. AP Nasus is one of the only champions in the game with AOE Magic Damage, legitimate tankiness, strong CC, and sustainable burst. The rest of the AP Tanks are junglers like Amumu.

By having your tank double as your AP Carry you can send carrys and assassins in the jungle and top lane while not losing team unity.

There's a reason you don't see Tryndamere and Gangplank jungle in high level games even though both are VERY strong in the jungle. It's because doing so forces your team to run a tanky initiator top lane which puts a strangle hold on counter picks. It's easier to just throw a tank in the jungle where he has no fear of losing a lane.
---
Realo won gold at the Sex Olympics with a BROKEN FRIGGIN NECK.-Voltch
#30BeerBongJohnPosted 12/19/2012 12:05:21 AM
oh yeah i forgot ryze isn't tanky
---
0% Class
100% A**