AP Nasus Guide: Or, How To Destroy The Meta And Have Fun Doing It

#31FatherRussiaPosted 12/19/2012 12:05:29 AM
All you seem to be saying is "go mid and max spirit fire, build tanky AP" and have a ton of farm

Well hey, you know who also builds tanky and has a ton of farm? Max Q Nasus.

Either you spend as much money as top lane nasus to be tanky, and at level 18 are the same thing but don't have Q farmed, or you are saying spend your money on being tanky AP, in which case you are a less tanky top lane nasus with less Q farm.

All the things you say are good about spirit fire, top lane nasus still has. You just posted about his utility, guess what, the utility DOESN'T GO AWAY just because you are top lane.

The only thing, the ONLY thing your build has on a top lane nasus is more damage on his ult. The cost? Less Q farm, less tanky-ness.

If you are trying to say "here is a way to make Nasus useful before 30 minutes, max spirit fire" well, obviously. That is not what Nasus does but top lane nasus can do that too, just the same as middle lane nasus"

You're acting like the point is whether or not it is viable to max spirit fire first, well ya sure it is. But you are trading Q farm for more AP so spirit fire does "meh" damage, and your ult does more damage.

I don't understand where you think this is good.

You act like Nasus could ever be a legitimate AP Caster, when his only damage is from spirit fire. No matter how much AP the enemy Nasus has, SPIRIT FIRE is never going to be worth itemizing against, it is never going to kill you, heck it is never going to scare you.
#32PegetaPosted 12/19/2012 12:20:26 AM
I've done this before back in Season 2, and with season 3 items Nasus is flatout OP. I was eating the AP carry and jungle at the same time.
#33SlaynPosted 12/19/2012 12:21:26 AM
"Against AP Mids: Athene's Holy Grail is a MUST. Gives everything Nasus needs. Then build Sheen. Then God Fist. After that, you can build whatever the hell you want."

This isn't much of a guide or really AP Nasus. I have seen people go with athenes before for the cdr, mres, and mana regen. Sheen is pretty much a staple on him and by "God fist" I assume you mean the ice gauntlets, then it offers a pretty small amount of AP as well.

So basically you are saying to level his AOE over his single target damage and build two tanky AP items and calling it AP Nasus.

Cool story bro.
---
#1 LoL Poster NA: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/954437-league-of-legends/63627116
#34TheConductorSix(Topic Creator)Posted 12/19/2012 12:22:28 AM
oh yeah i forgot ryze isn't tanky

1.There's a difference between being tanky and being a tank. Anyone can build tanky. Being an actual tank means being able to Anti-Carry or Peel or initiate with efficiency. You need to be able do these things without dropping quickly or doing 0 damage. For instance: Garen can build straight Armor and Health and tank for days. But any smart team will simply ignore him because his damage is pitiful. He'll do Q and spin and when everyone sees their health bar not move, they'll just attack everyone else. These strats might work at 1100 elo but I'm not going to write guides for that. I'm writing guides to help players get better and have fun doing it.

Nasus can build Athene's, God Fist, and Liandry's Lament, have near 3k HP with Ult on, 120+ Armor/MR, the best slow in game, armor reduction, aoe damage, and 400 burst on a 3 second cooldown.

All you seem to be saying is "go mid and max spirit fire, build tanky AP" and have a ton of farm

This is like saying "All you're saying is go mid, build Rod, and farm" when someone picks Karthus. That's all you really have to do. You farm ruthlessly and then murder team fights.

The difference between AP Nasus and AD Nasus is VAST. AD Nasus is more dependent on his Q damage and it's much harder for him to get it. There are 20 top laners who absolutely crap on Nasus. Top Lane is the easiest lane to gank. I can zone a Nasus from levels 1-11 if I feel like it.

AP Nasus farms easier. Farms safer. Gets more farm more quickly. Still has a strong Q. Has a much stronger E and a Godlike Ultimate.

Nasus is a hyper carry. He scales with items. The quicker you get items, the quicker you scale. AP Nasus gets items faster than any character in this game. It's just a new idea and you guys are waiting for a pro player to show it off like you always do.

Go play it. See for yourself. Don't wait on others. I'm here to give you the guidelines.
---
Realo won gold at the Sex Olympics with a BROKEN FRIGGIN NECK.-Voltch
#35TheConductorSix(Topic Creator)Posted 12/19/2012 12:27:08 AM
"Against AP Mids: Athene's Holy Grail is a MUST. Gives everything Nasus needs. Then build Sheen. Then God Fist. After that, you can build whatever the hell you want."

This isn't much of a guide or really AP Nasus. I have seen people go with athenes before for the cdr, mres, and mana regen. Sheen is pretty much a staple on him and by "God fist" I assume you mean the ice gauntlets, then it offers a pretty small amount of AP as well.

So basically you are saying to level his AOE over his single target damage and build two tanky AP items and calling it AP Nasus.

Cool story bro.

Isn't it funny how people get SO BOTHERED by new ideas that they fall back to sarcasm and name calling? I'll never understand this part of the human psyche.

You're so mad that you're ignoring all the major issues. AP nasus and AD Nasus build similar items, yes. But that's like saying "Irelia and Poppy" build the same items. The point is "which one gets to those items the fastest".

AP Nasus farms better, gets to go mid where farming is safer, and gets to face opponents that can't stop his farm. You can't freeze mid lane. You can't zone mid lane. Mid lane has wraiths and wolves and blue buff. That's 13 creeps that your enemy can't stop you from getting.

Ap Nasus can start Flask and 7 pots and completely erase his bad mid game. AP Nasus can rush Chalice and spam E forever.

Try and see the bigger picture here instead of raging with sarcasm and snark.
---
#36SirDanieIPosted 12/19/2012 12:46:08 AM
I tried this build in 1450 elo. It took me 40 minutes to actually get a team who wouldn't dodge lol; and even then they just said report nasus at end :/. So I was vsing a TF mid. Did everything like the guide. Had a bit less cs than TF because he harrassed me real hard early. In terms of pushing He was more or less outpushing me by a bit; he was spamming his skills real hard. When we reached 6 he would just port to another lane and keep snowballing all the other lanes real hard. I tried to gank once cause my team was raging at me for 'feeding' TF (had 0 deaths to him lol). Ended up failing the gank cause I wasn't mobile enough and they had wards down. So i just decided to keep CSing mid. We were getting stomped really bad (cause TF snowballed their lanes alot) and using their advantage they took all the dragons. When late game came we lost all teamfights (I had around 400+ q farm) cause we were simply were underfarmed and I couldn't do much in teamfights; would just get stunned by TF and their Ashe and die. I got 3 reports that game -.- (I had the best score though).

So I'm pretty adamant about this build. I couldn't outpush TF and his roaming won the game for them
---
23/11/12 Me: WTF Why do you have 6 boots?
NoobElise: Aren't I a spider?
#37anilEhilatedPosted 12/19/2012 12:49:03 AM
E being the best farming tool in the game is kinda hampered by the fact you don't actually want to use it to farm.
---
For who could ever...?
#38TheConductorSix(Topic Creator)Posted 12/19/2012 12:55:04 AM
1.The biggest problem I see with Nasus Players is that they think they have to farm everything with their Q. Q is a luxury, not a necessity. Your main focus is landing your Wither onto Carrys and getting your ultimate onto people, and laying Spirit Fire onto as many people as possible. Farm is far more important than Q.

2. I tried this build in 1450 elo. It took me 40 minutes to actually get a team who wouldn't dodge lol; and even then they just said report nasus at end :/. So I was vsing a TF mid. Did everything like the guide. Had a bit less cs than TF because he harrassed me real hard early. In terms of pushing He was more or less outpushing me by a bit; he was spamming his skills real hard. When we reached 6 he would just port to another lane and keep snowballing all the other lanes real hard. I tried to gank once cause my team was raging at me for 'feeding' TF (had 0 deaths to him lol). Ended up failing the gank cause I wasn't mobile enough and they had wards down. So i just decided to keep CSing mid. We were getting stomped really bad (cause TF snowballed their lanes alot) and using their advantage they took all the dragons. When late game came we lost all teamfights (I had around 400+ q farm) cause we were simply were underfarmed and I couldn't do much in teamfights; would just get stunned by TF and their Ashe and die. I got 3 reports that game -.- (I had the best score though).

So I'm pretty adamant about this build. I couldn't outpush TF and his roaming won the game for them

Do NOT feel bad about this. Twisted Fate is the best AP Mid right now and the 2nd strongest champion behind Nunu. Twin Shadow and Utility Tree makes him too fast to counter. He's the best Roamer, Great Pusher, Great Harasser.

Against Twisted Fate you can't leave lane. I know that sounds weird but you have to shove into turret 24/7. If he leaves you need to pound his turret into the ground. You can't stop him from porting but you can punish it.
---
#39Fenrir the WolfPosted 12/19/2012 12:57:09 AM
TheConductorSix posted...
3.You're judgment of Spirit Fire is simple minded. Yes, you are partially right, The base damage on Spirit Fire is low. But you forget is that it isn't about the damage but how it works with Nasus Kit. Morgana's Pool has bad damages but it lowers Magic Resist which makes the rest of her kit stronger. Nasus Pool lowers armor by 40. Most Mages have 30 armor levels 1-9. This means you are doing more than true damage with Q. In team fights, -40 armor on everyone is MASSIVE in Season 3.

Yeah it's silly to think Spirit Fire is bad and praise Tormented Soil at the same time. They both fulfill similar roles, and even a little bit of AP behind SF makes it quite potent.
---
And then John was a zombie.
#40TheConductorSix(Topic Creator)Posted 12/19/2012 12:57:45 AM
Another little benefit of going AP Nasus: There's more creeps for you to Q. Do you know how easy it is to Q little wolves and little wraiths? I get 5 Q stacks every 45 seconds against them. It's great.

Also, do you know how godlike Blue Buff is on Nasus. Oh man. Wait until you get it for the first time and just run around the mid lane spamming E on every creep in site. You'll look up and have 150 CS while your mid is at 90.
---