AP Nasus Guide: Or, How To Destroy The Meta And Have Fun Doing It

#51TheConductorSix(Topic Creator)Posted 12/19/2012 1:23:19 AM
That's AP Nasus. Unlike AD Nasus it's almost IMPOSSIBLE to fall behind.

You don't have to worry about last hitting. Ever. You drop Spirit Fire and leave. If you need Q stacks you have Wolves and Wraiths.

And you've never seen team fight presence like AP Nasus. Withering their carry out of the fight, dropping everyone's armor by 40, dropping 500 damage Qs ever 3 seconds, and most importantly his health does the following

7% of the enemies health per second
600 health bonus
A crap ton of bonus damage

If Nasus has Rylais, not only will the Spirit Fire slow everyone, but his ult also slows everyone. That means everyone is stuck inside Nasus ultimate, losing 7% of their health per second, and giving Nasus damage based on how much health they're losing.
---
Realo won gold at the Sex Olympics with a BROKEN FRIGGIN NECK.-Voltch
#52TheConductorSix(Topic Creator)Posted 12/19/2012 1:28:01 AM
You guys need to understand something:

For the most part, you'll be dealing with players on the bottom level of the Understanding Pyramid. They will never do anything original for themselves because most of them aren't good enough to do so. They wait to see someone else do it and then copy it and talk about it like they know everything.

Or they try something new, fail miserably, and assume because they can't do it, that it's impossible. It's why you see people getting so angry and snarky in this topic. The idea of me being able to succeed where they failed bothers them.

There are a lot of champion who were bad in Season 2 who are good now. Poppy is far more usable. Volibear is far more usable. Pantheon is God Mode.

And most importantly, AP Nasus is very strong. Very, very strong. He's AD Nasus but better in every single way. Better early game, better AOE damage, better team fight, better farmer, and he can free farm his Q all he wants on wraiths and wolves.
---
#53SlaynPosted 12/19/2012 1:36:06 AM(edited)
TheConductorSix posted...
"Against AP Mids: Athene's Holy Grail is a MUST. Gives everything Nasus needs. Then build Sheen. Then God Fist. After that, you can build whatever the hell you want."

This isn't much of a guide or really AP Nasus. I have seen people go with athenes before for the cdr, mres, and mana regen. Sheen is pretty much a staple on him and by "God fist" I assume you mean the ice gauntlets, then it offers a pretty small amount of AP as well.

So basically you are saying to level his AOE over his single target damage and build two tanky AP items and calling it AP Nasus.

Cool story bro.

Isn't it funny how people get SO BOTHERED by new ideas that they fall back to sarcasm and name calling? I'll never understand this part of the human psyche.

You're so mad that you're ignoring all the major issues. AP nasus and AD Nasus build similar items, yes. But that's like saying "Irelia and Poppy" build the same items. The point is "which one gets to those items the fastest".

AP Nasus farms better, gets to go mid where farming is safer, and gets to face opponents that can't stop his farm. You can't freeze mid lane. You can't zone mid lane. Mid lane has wraiths and wolves and blue buff. That's 13 creeps that your enemy can't stop you from getting.

Ap Nasus can start Flask and 7 pots and completely erase his bad mid game. AP Nasus can rush Chalice and spam E forever.

Try and see the bigger picture here instead of raging with sarcasm and snark.

I didn't call anyone any name. It seems like you're the one who is mad because your "guide" is terrible. I am sorry you can't take criticism. Your AP Nasus guide advises 2 items that total 100AP. That isn't AP. It isn't like saying "build ROA on Karthus" because everyone knows you build AP on Karthus.

I understand what you are saying. Go mid instead of top. Max E instead of Q. Start out with early regen. This isn't really an "AP" build and rushing early mana regen isn't really all that new. I don't even see how this improves his mid game with his E, do people just sit in it with his 0 CC? At least Morgana can bind people and can roam with her ult as well.

And who cares if Nasus can farm better? He isn't farm dependant he is Q dependant, so maxing E first doesn't do much for his since it isn't all that great. Did you have trouble farming top as Nasus? You just sit there and last hit with Q. If they push the lane you use E and auto attacks to make sure you miss no CS.

TheConductorSix posted...
And you've never seen team fight presence like AP Nasus. Withering their carry out of the fight, dropping everyone's armor by 40, dropping 500 damage Qs ever 3 seconds, and most importantly his health does the following

7% of the enemies health per second
600 health bonus
A crap ton of bonus damage

Um, this is exactly like AD Nasus. He still has wither and drops armor, that doesn't gain anything from AP. Only more damage in E that no one will stand in and more damage on ult, but you already get the bonus health and bonus damage. The AP adds nothing.
---
#1 LoL Poster NA: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/954437-league-of-legends/63627116
#54MakJussPosted 12/19/2012 1:35:53 AM
Soldier3rdClass posted...
Finally, recognition for Nasus as a superior champ

I applaud this topic

I made a topic about Nasus one time. Everybody told me he sucks, gets countered easy, and isn't worth playing in ranked.

You dont want to face Nasus with stacked BC pre nerf. True damage Q is scary. Made a thread week ago only 2 people reply telling Nasus suck and Garen hardcounter him. Decided not to post more and spoonfeed people like this. Garen spin ? wither then spam Ctrl + 4 while avoiding it.

Who want itemize against champ with 100 arpen that have scaling health damage ?
#55TheConductorSix(Topic Creator)Posted 12/19/2012 1:47:41 AM
I didn't call anyone any name. It seems like you're the one who is mad because your "guide" is terrible. I am sorry you can't take criticism. Your AP Nasus guide advises 2 items that total 100AP. That isn't AP. It isn't like saying "build ROA on Karthus" because everyone knows you build AP on Karthus.

Cool Story, bro. You were snarky as hell. The sarcasm was dripping from every sentence. Katarina with Abyssal/Haunting Guise/Sorc boots doesn't have much more than 100 AP. Not every AP needs tons of AP to do their job. Nasus' job is to Utility and AOE damage. He doesn't need much AP to do this. Again, he's an AP Tank and one of the only ones in the game.

I understand what you are saying. Go mid instead of top. Max E instead of Q. Start out with early regen. This isn't really an "AP" build and rushing early mana regen isn't really all that new. I don't even see how this improves his mid game with his E, do people just sit in it with his 0 CC? At least Morgana can bind people and can roam with her ult as well.

It is an AP build. You're running Magic Pen Runes and building AP items. Did you know Wither is the best slow in the game? Did you know if you Wither someone then put E underneath them they're essentially stuck in it with -40 armor eating Qs? Nasus clears fatser than Morgana and can roam even stronger. Wither is a great gank tool.

And who cares if Nasus can farm better? He isn't farm dependant he is Q dependant, so maxing E first doesn't do much for his since it isn't all that great. Did you have trouble farming top as Nasus? You just sit there and last hit with Q. If they push the lane you use E and auto attacks to make sure you miss no CS.

Nasus is a hyper carry. He scales with Farm. The faster and safer you farm, the quicker you hyper carry. So everyone cares that AP Nasus farms better. How many times need I say this: NASUS ISN'T Q DEPENDENT. This is the biggest mistake every Nasus makes. Your Q is a luxury. The difference is that AP Nasus needs it less than AD.

Um, this is exactly like AD Nasus. He still has wither and drops armor, that doesn't gain anything from AP. Only more damage in E that no one will stand in and more damage on ult, but you already get the bonus health and bonus damage. The AP adds nothing.

How many times must I tell you this before it sinks in.

AP Nasus is the best farmer in the game and reaches hyper carry status without counters.

AD Nasus is a slow farmer with no pushing power and has 20 counters I can name off the top of my head.

If you don't understand this I can show you. We'll do 2 custom games. You go AD Nasus Top Lane and I'll pick Teemo and zone you from XP for 20 minutes until you surrender.

Then I'll pick AP Nasus and you can pick ANY AP CARRY IN THE GAME. I guarantee you I stomp you into the dirt.
---
#56SirDanieIPosted 12/19/2012 1:52:45 AM
One thing I definitely disagree with; AP nasus is not better than standard Nasus late game (assuming both got farmed); standard Nasus will be more tank (substituting the AP items for Triforce and actual tank items); and the increased dmg from AP on his skills is less than the effective damage you will be doing by surviving longer as well as armor pen runes.
---
23/11/12 Me: WTF Why do you have 6 boots?
NoobElise: Aren't I a spider?
#57SirDanieIPosted 12/19/2012 1:57:04 AM
MakJuss posted...
Soldier3rdClass posted...
Finally, recognition for Nasus as a superior champ

I applaud this topic

I made a topic about Nasus one time. Everybody told me he sucks, gets countered easy, and isn't worth playing in ranked.

You dont want to face Nasus with stacked BC pre nerf. True damage Q is scary. Made a thread week ago only 2 people reply telling Nasus suck and Garen hardcounter him. Decided not to post more and spoonfeed people like this. Garen spin ? wither then spam Ctrl + 4 while avoiding it.

Who want itemize against champ with 100 arpen that have scaling health damage ?

Yes he was actually very strong for that short period when BC's stacked. Saw Dyrus constantly stomping top lane with nasus on his stream
---
23/11/12 Me: WTF Why do you have 6 boots?
NoobElise: Aren't I a spider?
#58TheConductorSix(Topic Creator)Posted 12/19/2012 1:57:30 AM
Explaining this fact to the average player is so hard but I'll try....again...

In higher level games you won't be able to farm for 40 minutes. Teams push and take turrets and fight over objectives. The faster you can get to your items the faster you can end the game.

AD Nasus is God late game if he gets 150 Q procs but by the time you get that I've already ended the game.

AP Nasus gets to God Mode far quicker than AP Nasus and doesn't sacrifice his team to do it.

Please understand I'm writing these guides for 1500+ games, not Random Normals or 1000 Elo. In those games you can pick AD Nasus and derp farm for 10 hours because those games involve no teamwork or strategy at all.
---
#59SlaynPosted 12/19/2012 1:57:49 AM
He doesn't scale with farm because his E and R aren't good enough to build AP. What aren't YOU getting? You are listing things like how good his slow and armor shred are, but these obviously aren't AP dependant. Is Nasus hyper carry? Yes. Is he an AP hyper carry? No. Building AP does 3 things:

1. Increase E damage ( bleh )
2. Increase R damage ( ok, not bad )
3. Lets you farm/push lane. Might as well buy a sunfire cape.

Let someone who is actually AP go mid. His ganking and roaming isn't all that decent. You say that his slow is the best in game, it is. Are you maxing his slow first? Second? When in the laning phase does his slow get good enough to gank? Is a slow enough compared to stuns and ranged damage?

TF has his ult, a stun, ranged DPS. Eve has stealth, mobility with W, and insane burst. Gragas has the barrel that knocks people away and has mobility wth his belly flop thing.

Nasus has one slow, is melee, no gap closer, his AP attack is not that great for the damage portion unless people stand still, and his ult is pretty much melee ranged. He is not a good roamer at all. In the slightest bit. His 2 AP abilities are not that great to base your build on.

Your build is bad and you should feed bad.
---
#1 LoL Poster NA: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/954437-league-of-legends/63627116
#60TheConductorSix(Topic Creator)Posted 12/19/2012 2:01:02 AM
Slayn you won't listen to logic and experience so I'll make it easy

BrandonFromLV. Add Me.

You can pick any AP Carry in the game and I'll pick AP Nasus.

Then you pick AD Nasus and I'll pick Teemo.

I'll just show you what I mean.
---