AP Nasus Guide: Or, How To Destroy The Meta And Have Fun Doing It

#71TheConductorSix(Topic Creator)Posted 12/19/2012 2:27:17 AM
6 Item AP Nasus is stronger than 6 Item AD Nasus in team fights.

Rylais+Athenes+God Fist+Sorcs+Rabadons+Liandry will be doing 16% of the enemy's health per second.

Per. Second. To the enemy team.

People can't even fathom the damage 6 item Nasus dishes out in team fights.
---
Realo won gold at the Sex Olympics with a BROKEN FRIGGIN NECK.-Voltch
#72MakJussPosted 12/19/2012 2:31:26 AM
You do realize that Nasus R is capped at 240 damage ? And Liandry Torment is 10% per 3s if slowed and 5% per 3s if not , thats 3,33% or 1,66% per sec.
#73SlaynPosted 12/19/2012 2:34:18 AM(edited)
I am seeing 10% not 15%. Are you counting Liandry's? That is current health not maximum and not per second. Also halved for AOE, but doubled for the rylais slow ( so 5% over 3 seconds, but this is current health.
---
#1 LoL Poster NA: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/954437-league-of-legends/63627116
#74TheConductorSix(Topic Creator)Posted 12/19/2012 2:38:37 AM
You're doing 10% current health per second thanks to Rylais for the entirety of the ultimate. That's 15 seconds of it.

Then there's the 11% health percentage done with the ultimate itself.

I may be off with the number totals but the damage itself is silly and it's also AOE. Point is, 6 Item AP Nasus will do more total damage than AD Nasus.
---
#75TheConductorSix(Topic Creator)Posted 12/19/2012 2:40:22 AM
Ah excuse me, I always misintepret Liandry's.

I forget it's halved for AOE effects. So 5% over 3 seconds for 15 seconds.
---
#76BowtotheTWIGPosted 12/19/2012 2:46:34 AM
There's a lot of speculation from people against this build, and not enough actually trying it

From someone who HAS done this build multiple times, I can tell you it situationally works. I hardcore beat a Vladimir and a Veigar, and "lost" to a Gragas (I outfarmed, he won bottom lane)

Your damage is pretty damn good, especially if you have a jungler with a CC ult (Amumu, Sejuani, Naut). You're tanky as balls. You slow people more than Sejuani. You have Wither, which is the best slow in the entire game. Your ult does craptons of damage while giving you more AD (which is based on the damage you deal btw....)

Major downsides are the lack of global presence than some mids do offer. If you think your bottom lane can handle / ward / be competent, then it's an easy sacrifice to make
---
Top Solo Lulu Guide: http://solomid.net/guides.php?g=28448
20 different Final Fantasy Ratings in Quote.
#77MakJussPosted 12/19/2012 3:01:51 AM
TheConductorSix posted...
Ah excuse me, I always misintepret Liandry's.

I forget it's halved for AOE effects. So 5% over 3 seconds for 15 seconds.

Liandry is a BIG NO on AP Nasus , 1,66% from 3k ? only 50 before mres not worth the penny. Its good if you got a lot spammable magic damage , not oh I got heavy damage ult every few minute.

@SmurfyD

I see you made Shurelya , try build Spirit of Ancient Golem
#78SlaynPosted 12/19/2012 3:31:33 AM
BowtotheTWIG posted...
I hardcore beat a Vladimir and a Veigar, and "lost" to a Gragas (I outfarmed, he won bottom lane)

Must be nice this works pre-30.
---
#1 LoL Poster NA: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/954437-league-of-legends/63627116
#79SirDanieIPosted 12/19/2012 3:34:00 AM
TheConductorSix posted...
6 Item AP Nasus is stronger than 6 Item AD Nasus in team fights.

Rylais+Athenes+God Fist+Sorcs+Rabadons+Liandry will be doing 16% of the enemy's health per second.

Per. Second. To the enemy team.

People can't even fathom the damage 6 item Nasus dishes out in team fights.

First off that 16 percent will only be applied to the melees during the teamfight considering how you will never reach their ADC/ APC since you will be focused(standard Nasus is different because he will be building considerably more tank thus making it far less desirable to target him in teamfights). Also I am very confused on how you got 16 percent hp per second; that build results in 462 ap thus an additional 4.6 percent per second resulting in 9.6 percent hp per second. Liandry's Torment is based on current health and will only add 3.3 percent current health per second which averages to 1.6 percent (from full health to no health) thus he will have around 11 percent per second. Thus an additional 6 percent health per second compared to normal Nasus. Your E will be hitting for an initial burst of 500 and do a constant 100 dps (rounded up). Thus an additional burst of 277 and 55 extra dps from E.

This will be my build; FH, Spirit Visage, Randuins, Mercs, Tri force, Bloodthirster. I will have 250 more health than you, 100 more armor, 35 more mr, 230 more AD, 25.6 percent more lifesteal, 5percent more CD, More movespeed and tenacity. I will AOE AS slow. I will also have an inferior AOE slow (randuins).

Basically in a teamfight your Nasus will drop SF and Ult and start whacking melees like me (if you try to reach the ADC you will die in vain). Your 11 percent per second will be reduced to 5 against the 2 melees your whacking it out with and you will die in probably around 2-3 seconds since they will be focusing you (by this stage ADC will have mercurial) so you would have done around 15 percent of the melees around you in damage as well as doing some AOE dmg with your E as well as doing 150 ish physical dmg in an AOE.

Now my Nasus will do the same thing except his E will do 277 less burst as well as 55 less dps. My ult will be doing around 2 percent to the guys surrounding me (since you have around 30 more magic pen than me and more AP) and I will be going straight for the ADC since the enemy will be severely discouraged from hitting me since i have 100 more armor, 35 more mr, 250 more health and a AS slow and slow on hit as well as reducing everybodies autoattack dps by 20 percent with FH as well as further slowing their as and movespeed with randuins active. Considering they will not be focusing me (my nasus is tank and your nasus is APC) i will get a free walk to them and promptly kill him with my superior single target dps. If they do happen to focus me I will survive a lot longer than you considering all my tanky items and since i have more than double the lifesteal than you. Also if you focus my Nasus I will be buying valuable time for my ADC and my APC to do some work.

Basically with your build you are going to be focused as the APC and you will die in teamfights before you have as much impact as a standard Nasus who will be tanky enough to get some more work done during the longer duration he has to live.
---
23/11/12 Me: WTF Why do you have 6 boots?
NoobElise: Aren't I a spider?
#80BowtotheTWIGPosted 12/19/2012 3:54:33 AM
Slayn posted...
BowtotheTWIG posted...
I hardcore beat a Vladimir and a Veigar, and "lost" to a Gragas (I outfarmed, he won bottom lane)

Must be nice this works pre-30.

You do realize that when I say he won bottom lane I mean that he had better ganks and got his bottom more fed than ours?

Sorry you can't infer simple meanings
---
Top Solo Lulu Guide: http://solomid.net/guides.php?g=28448
20 different Final Fantasy Ratings in Quote.