People with no DotA experience: Your opinions on this video?

#31mantana888Posted 12/19/2012 9:52:23 AM
BalanceNotLost posted...
I, for one, have DoTA experience and that is one of the best videos on the Internet.

---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
g-cube's Vice President of Cakes.
#32BIadeBIadePosted 12/19/2012 9:56:53 AM
I've played single-digit matches of Dota 2. (https://dotabuff.com/players/52876758)

The concept of the video was amusing but it dragged on for way too long. I randomed Morphling in the first practice game I played against one of my friends, so I understand what happened.
---
Rift - Zantoma @ Threesprings <Transience> 11/11 Conq, 8/8
LoL - Zantoma PSO2 JP - Rasmolov @ Ship 10
#33genericname1234Posted 12/19/2012 10:01:40 AM
Very poorly edited. The shaking camera and lens flare going on was distracting. I made it about 2/3rds of the way through the video before closing the tab. And I was reminded that I really don't like DOTAs art style. It looks very clunky and dull to me.
---
"SR'ing is having the RNG abuse you." Deshokun
#34mantana888Posted 12/19/2012 10:03:10 AM
Patrick52Willis posted...
This video was bad and they should feel bad.

To much wubstep, too much YOLO crap going on. Was probably a bunch of herp derping college kids who just got done fist pumping with their broskis.

Plus it's kinda dumb how one accident could be so unforgiving.

I'm gonna bite. What accident are you talking about?
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#35MTRDrunkardPosted 12/19/2012 10:14:22 AM
ssjsczr posted...
MTRDrunkard posted...
Sums up DotA.

Overkill.

DotA is broken. I play LoL, Smite and Guardians of Middle Earth. These all seems to work properly such as laning, building character up and the abitlity to win while all seems lost.

Said it loads of time after 5 mins u have either won or lost. Towers/turrets are pointless. Some character a so over powered.

You have never even played dota so stop pretending like you did. Game can be over in 5 minutes only if you are horrible and have no brains, which could be the situation in your case.

haha. You have no idea.

Muggings here paid for a beta key, what a massive mistake.

The game is not fun to play like smite or lol.

I had a lot of bad games in lol but keep coming back for more.

Its like COD vs BF, I prefer BF. LoL vs DotA, I prefer LoL.

PS as for the game over in 5 minutes, what i mean with so many over power champions its easier to feed or be fed and therefore a game can be null and void early on.
#36ineedaname88Posted 12/19/2012 10:24:13 AM
My reaction? The video itself and the music is ****.
---
Go big or go home broke. Bro-ski.
#37MilenninPosted 12/19/2012 10:28:15 AM
0% DoTa experience and stopped watching video around 0:40 mark due to crappy music and effects.

Learn to make a decent video.
---
Dream as if you will live forever, live as if you will die today
#38mantana888Posted 12/19/2012 10:28:25 AM
MTRDrunkard posted...
ssjsczr posted...
MTRDrunkard posted...
Sums up DotA.

Overkill.

DotA is broken. I play LoL, Smite and Guardians of Middle Earth. These all seems to work properly such as laning, building character up and the abitlity to win while all seems lost.

Said it loads of time after 5 mins u have either won or lost. Towers/turrets are pointless. Some character a so over powered.

You have never even played dota so stop pretending like you did. Game can be over in 5 minutes only if you are horrible and have no brains, which could be the situation in your case.

haha. You have no idea.

Muggings here paid for a beta key, what a massive mistake.

The game is not fun to play like smite or lol.

I had a lot of bad games in lol but keep coming back for more.

Its like COD vs BF, I prefer BF. LoL vs DotA, I prefer LoL.

PS as for the game over in 5 minutes, what i mean with so many over power champions its easier to feed or be fed and therefore a game can be null and void early on.

What overpowered heroes do you mean? Sven? Drow? Bounty Hunter?
---
#39Suffer_NotPosted 12/19/2012 10:29:07 AM
I'm gonna bite. What accident are you talking about?

The accident of morphing the wrong attribute. Rubick presses the wrong button and suddenly cannot play the video game anymore. Kind of disheartening.
#40taco_ninja393Posted 12/19/2012 10:51:51 AM
Has no one thought that maybe, just maybe, the video is a joke?

http://youtu.be/rulElJITIVY

"This video is bad, too much dubstep and screen flare!"
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10