ATTN Riot: Give us a character who's lore designates him/her as an LGBTQ

#141kirbyakaZPosted 12/22/2012 11:05:07 PM
SirDanieI posted...
kirbyakaZ posted...
SirDanieI posted...
Uh sorry; I don't see any champs of Jewish, Christian or Muslim religion. Could you explain why there is the under representation of them?

I think Karthus might be some form of cult leader, and we all know Elise is.

I asked specifically for Jewish, Christian and Muslim. They have not represented any of these religions in the game even though probably over 50 percent of the world identify with one of them.

For some reason I imagine Garen and Lux as Christian as they are so . . . stereotypically white? That's an aweful way to put it, I know, but they just seem like they belong in 60s America to me.
---
High Five if you love Jesus!
High fives:9 Annoyed faces:4
#142SlaynPosted 12/22/2012 11:33:16 PM
CenaxKikia posted...
Slayn posted...
CenaxKikia posted...
Ever since they toned sivir down and made her chubby with a beer belly I stopped complaining riot was sexist,

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-QlmUhftDdFA/TtWWo8YDRxI/AAAAAAAABOs/BPV47J1L6kI/s1600/Sivir_Splash_0.jpg

wat

Thats exactly the art in which i'm referring to. When did they decide to turn her into the dough boy. She started out as Hitler, then she looked good, now shes become fat.

Again I say.... wat? How is that fat at all?

kirbyakaZ posted...
Actually, the Bible doesn't say anything about hating gays

If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.[3](Leviticus 20:13 KJV)

Sooo.........
---
#1 LoL Poster NA: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/954437-league-of-legends/63627116
#143Leighton04Posted 12/22/2012 11:38:59 PM
AtSeN posted...
And why are some of you so against this? It seems like something very silly to get so defensive over..

This is such a dumb argument. In the same vein someone could ask why you're getting so bent out of shape about there being no flamboyant tranny champ.

Why does every single demographic need to be featured in every single medium?
---
I am the law
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yLFYJrirzQ&feature=related
#144mattislegionPosted 12/22/2012 11:40:00 PM
F***ing Captain Planet.
---
"Stranded in this spooky town."
LoL IGN: Matt Is Legion, A Mole Sitting
#145SirDanieIPosted 12/23/2012 12:06:33 AM
kirbyakaZ posted...
SirDanieI posted...
kirbyakaZ posted...
SirDanieI posted...
Uh sorry; I don't see any champs of Jewish, Christian or Muslim religion. Could you explain why there is the under representation of them?

I think Karthus might be some form of cult leader, and we all know Elise is.

I asked specifically for Jewish, Christian and Muslim. They have not represented any of these religions in the game even though probably over 50 percent of the world identify with one of them.

For some reason I imagine Garen and Lux as Christian as they are so . . . stereotypically white? That's an aweful way to put it, I know, but they just seem like they belong in 60s America to me.

Yeah, Garen's a holy crusader lol on his way to kill Saladins forces.
---
23/11/12 Me: WTF Why do you have 6 boots?
NoobElise: Aren't I a spider?
#146mc_marinerPosted 12/23/2012 12:10:47 AM
They never came out and said that all champions are designated as straight, either...also, political and social issues don't belong in a game like this. Except for Uncle Ryze. He can stay.
---
________(====()_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_'',
I_______/'''''''''[{]''''''''{_)_)_)_)_)_}
#147Chaotic WarriorPosted 12/23/2012 12:13:09 AM
Suffer_Not posted...
Taric
Ezreal
Fizz
Zyra
Vi

I dunno who would best fit under Q since that would imply someone questioning their own sexuality and I'm going to assume that such deep introspection would be completed before someone took up a full time job of being shot at for legal purposes. But hey, what do I know, they let Robots into the League and maybe Blitzcrank has always wondered what his perfect match would be.

How? Just how is Vi on this list?
---
Time and time shall meet again as the threads of destiny entwine... but what if such destiny can be changed? If destiny itself was incorrect?
#148SirDanieIPosted 12/23/2012 12:14:29 AM
Slayn posted...

kirbyakaZ posted...

If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.[3](Leviticus 20:13 KJV)

Sooo.........

Also from Paul's letters; Paul seems to be homophobic. Either way I am all for equal rights and Gays should be treated fairly however this question is besides the point. Riot isn't being bigoted by not portraying Gay's in Riot; they haven't portrayed tonnes of stuff in Lol. Whining on Gamefaqs won't do jack apart from getting a 100+ topic.

Also there are a ton of guys here being bigoted to Christians and as a Christian I find it quite offfensive.
---
23/11/12 Me: WTF Why do you have 6 boots?
NoobElise: Aren't I a spider?
#149kirbyakaZPosted 12/23/2012 12:27:22 AM
Slayn posted...
CenaxKikia posted...
Slayn posted...
CenaxKikia posted...
Ever since they toned sivir down and made her chubby with a beer belly I stopped complaining riot was sexist,

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-QlmUhftDdFA/TtWWo8YDRxI/AAAAAAAABOs/BPV47J1L6kI/s1600/Sivir_Splash_0.jpg

wat

Thats exactly the art in which i'm referring to. When did they decide to turn her into the dough boy. She started out as Hitler, then she looked good, now shes become fat.

Again I say.... wat? How is that fat at all?

kirbyakaZ posted...

Sooo.........

Ah, I guess I should correct myself. The New Testament says nothing about hating gays. Jesus specifically said that many of His Father's rules are now changed, as such the Old Testament eye for an eye stuff has now changed to if he takes your eye, give him the other, kind of thing where you are now supposed to be more compassionate. So really, we don't KNOW if it's a sin anymore. And again, let he who is without sin cast the first stone. We aren't supposed to judge anyway. And besides, it makes sense that when the world was just starting out and life was so hard anyway that you wouldn't want homosexuals as that might drop reproduction rates, which I assume where already pretty low and hard to maintain.
---
High Five if you love Jesus!
High fives:9 Annoyed faces:4
#150wind64aPosted 12/23/2012 12:36:33 AM
That was bizarre to read.

You mean Taric and Ezrael aren't a couple? Darn, and Taric's healing compliments Ezrael's rash behavior so well too.

I'm also dissapointed that the marriage between Ashe and Tryndamere is purely a political one. Especially with the, not, scandal quite some time ago.

I usually take that old testament verse, and think about how it's interesting that you don't techinically voilate a literal interpretation of it if you have only a single partner, or gender of partner.

Kinda interesting how these topics always grow quite large. I guess it shows people like to argue and this particular area of interest is considered one of the more popular issues nowadays.
---
Badge Case [Time Badge]
StrifeHart is my OTP. services performed at BSC: 2 Riley's Boyfriend on the BW2 boards. W2 FC: 3783 7001 3142