ATTN Riot: Give us a character who's lore designates him/her as an LGBTQ

#161anilEhilatedPosted 12/23/2012 1:35:39 AM
Ah, I guess I should correct myself. The New Testament says nothing about hating gays. Jesus specifically said that many of His Father's rules are now changed, as such the Old Testament eye for an eye stuff has now changed to if he takes your eye, give him the other, kind of thing where you are now supposed to be more compassionate. So really, we don't KNOW if it's a sin anymore. And again, let he who is without sin cast the first stone. We aren't supposed to judge anyway.

For the record, this is a load of crap: "let's retcon the parts of the religion we don't like". You might want to look into the Church's stance on homosexuality today.

I'm saying that as an atheist, by the way.

And besides, it makes sense that when the world was just starting out
WHAT

and life was so hard anyway that you wouldn't want homosexuals as that might drop reproduction rates, which I assume where already pretty low and hard to maintain.

Yeah, because that solves the problem. See: Africa.

I know people like to think they're post-modern as **** with individualized approaches to interpretation but I somehow doubt religion works like a buffet.
---
For who could ever...?
#162Soldier3rdClassPosted 12/23/2012 1:36:37 AM
Soldier3rdClass posted...
One thing. Does this game ever imply anybody in the league is straight? Fairly sure sexual orientation doesn't apply because they've left out any romance in any of the champs lore. At least from the lore I read which isn't all of them.

There are some clear matches; like Teemo and Trist, Taric Ez, Ashe and Trynd

But Ashe and Trynd was more of a political situation rather than actual romance between the two. Teemo and Trist is sort of implied but not confirmed. I won't speak on Taric and Ez.
---
2500K @4.5Ghz // GTX 680 SC SLI // 8GB RAM // Extreme3 Gen3 Mobo
SteamID: SmurfyD
#163SirDanieIPosted 12/23/2012 1:50:00 AM
anilEhilated posted...

For the record, this is a load of crap: "let's retcon the parts of the religion we don't like". You might want to look into the Church's stance on homosexuality today.

WHAT

and life was so hard anyway that you wouldn't want homosexuals as that might drop reproduction rates, which I assume where already pretty low and hard to maintain.

I know people like to think they're post-modern as **** with individualized approaches to interpretation but I somehow doubt religion works like a buffet.

First off, indeed the bible does say that homosexuality is a sin. However it does not condone the persecution of gays or any discrimination of the sort.

Also the church's stance has absolutely nothing to do with what is actually promoted in the bible. For example a tonne of conservative churches are very racist; however that is actually considered a sin in the bible. Similarily you cannot take everything in the Old testament seriously because racism was indeed condoned in the old testament; but in the new several people refute the old testament views (Jesus, Paul).
---
23/11/12 Me: WTF Why do you have 6 boots?
NoobElise: Aren't I a spider?
#164SirDanieIPosted 12/23/2012 1:55:32 AM

But Ashe and Trynd was more of a political situation rather than actual romance between the two. Teemo and Trist is sort of implied but not confirmed. I won't speak on Taric and Ez.

If Ashe and Trynd are rocking it all night long thats straight enough for me.
Teemo and Trist might not be in a relationship but their hetrosexual feelings are pretty much confirmed
Taric and Ez; most confirmed couple in history of lol. No way they could be seperated.
---
#165Soldier3rdClassPosted 12/23/2012 2:03:35 AM

If Ashe and Trynd are rocking it all night long thats straight enough for me.
Teemo and Trist might not be in a relationship but their hetrosexual feelings are pretty much confirmed
Taric and Ez; most confirmed couple in history of lol. No way they could be seperated.

"My right arm is a lot stronger than my left arm"

Something tells me there's no a lot of duo laning going on if you know what I mean.
---
2500K @4.5Ghz // GTX 680 SC SLI // 8GB RAM // Extreme3 Gen3 Mobo
SteamID: SmurfyD
#166LordClydePosted 12/23/2012 2:09:41 AM
^
Isn't Ezreal an M to F trap

or am i getting that backwards and it's riven who's the trap?

Riven is a reverse trap... LoL is yet to have a true trap.
#167kirbyakaZPosted 12/23/2012 2:11:51 AM
SirDanieI posted...
kirbyakaZ posted...

Ah, I guess I should correct myself. The New Testament says nothing about hating gays. Jesus specifically said that many of His Father's rules are now changed, as such the Old Testament eye for an eye stuff has now changed to if he takes your eye, give him the other, kind of thing where you are now supposed to be more compassionate. So really, we don't KNOW if it's a sin anymore. And again, let he who is without sin cast the first stone. We aren't supposed to judge anyway. And besides, it makes sense that when the world was just starting out and life was so hard anyway that you wouldn't want homosexuals as that might drop reproduction rates, which I assume where already pretty low and hard to maintain.

Yo like my previous comment; Paul is obviously homophobic in his letters. I think it was quoted in Romans also he says something about it being a sin. Meh, while I do think homosexuality is a sin I srsly don't think there is any reason to discriminate and hate them. But then again I wouldn't say homophobic people are sinning considering Paul was.

Just because Paul is homophobic doesn't make it a sin at that point. After all, he grew up in the Old Testament times and didn't know any better. And even as a homophobic I think he handled himself quite nicely. I don't remember much about that in Romans though, I'll have to reread it. And anyway, I agree that there is no reason to discriminate.

anilEhilated posted...
Ah, I guess I should correct myself. The New Testament says nothing about hating gays. Jesus specifically said that many of His Father's rules are now changed, as such the Old Testament eye for an eye stuff has now changed to if he takes your eye, give him the other, kind of thing where you are now supposed to be more compassionate. So really, we don't KNOW if it's a sin anymore. And again, let he who is without sin cast the first stone. We aren't supposed to judge anyway.

WHAT

It's not retconing the parts we don't like, it's kinda like the current S3 change. The religion is evolving to fit how it is needed in the future. At first the Lord needed strictness so people would fallow and not do so much stupid stuff, which they did anyway and they where punished. However the future, for both the religion and humanities sake, need to be different.

What are you "WHAT"ing to? Does it not make sense that when times are rough you need more people to help make it better?

Africa isn't a very religious place, maybe that's their problem, I don't know.

And actually I believe one of the apostles taught that you shouldn't just listen to the church and you should try to find your own answer to the Lord through his teachings, otherwise people in the church and in power might try to deceive you. Like the westboro baptist church ********.
---
High Five if you love Jesus!
High fives:9 Annoyed faces:4
#168SirDanieIPosted 12/23/2012 2:29:43 AM
kirbyakaZ posted...
Just because Paul is homophobic doesn't make it a sin at that point. After all, he grew up in the Old Testament times and didn't know any better. And even as a homophobic I think he handled himself quite nicely. I don't remember much about that in Romans though, I'll have to reread it. And anyway, I agree that there is no reason to discriminate

Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and recieved in themselves the due penalty for their perversion. Romans 1: 24-27 written by Paul
---
#169kirbyakaZPosted 12/23/2012 2:39:10 AM
SirDanieI posted...
kirbyakaZ posted...
Just because Paul is homophobic doesn't make it a sin at that point. After all, he grew up in the Old Testament times and didn't know any better. And even as a homophobic I think he handled himself quite nicely. I don't remember much about that in Romans though, I'll have to reread it. And anyway, I agree that there is no reason to discriminate

Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and recieved in themselves the due penalty for their perversion. Romans 1: 24-27 written by Paul

Ah, alright thanks for that. Well, it's not Jesus or God saying that it's a sin, but it does sound like he's saying that, doesn't it? Well, I also believe that God is the ultimate father. And, even if you upset your father, he wont abandon you as long as you don't run away from home.
---
High Five if you love Jesus!
High fives:9 Annoyed faces:4
#170SirDanieIPosted 12/23/2012 3:15:00 AM
kirbyakaZ posted...
SirDanieI posted...
kirbyakaZ posted...

Ah, alright thanks for that. Well, it's not Jesus or God saying that it's a sin, but it does sound like he's saying that, doesn't it? Well, I also believe that God is the ultimate father. And, even if you upset your father, he wont abandon you as long as you don't run away from home.

Hmm; I percieve this verse as promoting homosexuality being a sin BUT since the same verse goes on to say the same thing bout a tonne of minor sins like stealing, rudeness, sluttiness etc I think that homosexuality aint that big of a sin.

Also add me; you seem like a cool guy :p.
---