ATTN Riot: Give us a character who's lore designates him/her as an LGBTQ

#21AtSeNPosted 12/20/2012 8:13:28 AM
What kind of shell do you all live under? Q stands for queer.

And why are some of you so against this? It seems like something very silly to get so defensive over.

That said, it is pretty much universally agreed that Taric is gay, so I'd say Riot already has this minority covered in their diverse selection of champions.
---
When will I see you again?
#22RihawfPosted 12/20/2012 8:13:41 AM
No.
---
LoL NA IGN: MyakkoFirst|steam: rihawf| Nami main
League of Legends BR IGN: Rihawf (who'd know?)
#23_Yag_Posted 12/20/2012 8:16:15 AM(edited)
AtSeN posted...

And why are some of you so against this? It seems like something very silly to get so defensive over.

That said, it is pretty much universally agreed that Taric is gay, so I'd say Riot already has this minority covered in their diverse selection of champions.

so his title is requesting a gay champ and a queer one? is there a difference now? I was under the impression the queer was a pejorative term for a homosexual....talk about not PC
---
Archer: "ring ring.....hi planes? yeah, this is blimps.. you win"
Yagyujubei: 75 NIN/MNK/SAM/PLD/BLU Midgardsormr R.I.P
#24SalvatorePosted 12/20/2012 8:19:29 AM
AtSeN posted...

so his title is requesting a gay champ and a queer one? is there a difference now? I was under the impression the queer was a pejorative term for a homosexual....talk about not PC

I know a few people who self-identify as genderqueer. I don't have a full understanding of the term, but from what I gather it refers to a person who doesn't solidly define with a gender.
---
Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you.
#25-Hydreigon-Posted 12/20/2012 8:20:19 AM
AtSeN posted...

Isn't Queer just another word for gay?
---
Vyro of http://www.eShopGamers.com/
~I review crap~
#26AtSeNPosted 12/20/2012 8:24:56 AM
_Yag_ posted...
AtSeN posted...

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queer
---
#27Kuroth_NeidraPosted 12/20/2012 8:25:34 AM
This is either a brilliant and very effective troll topic...

...or TC is a raging whiny self-entitled moron who needs to get over himself.

And the fact that I can't tell bothers me. Because I know people like that exist, but it's hard to fathom how someone can delude themselves the world revolves around them and their wishes so much.
---
"How are you a vet if you can't fly and shoot laser beams? It just doesn't make any sense." -Raging_Placenta
#28AtSeNPosted 12/20/2012 8:29:17 AM
Kuroth_Neidra posted...
This is either a brilliant and very effective troll topic...

...or TC is a raging whiny self-entitled moron who needs to get over himself.

And the fact that I can't tell bothers me. Because I know people like that exist, but it's hard to fathom how someone can delude themselves the world revolves around them and their wishes so much.

Why exactly is this different from somebody saying we need a turtle champion because there aren't any?

Why does the proposition that non-heteronormative people get represented in media make you so angry?
---
#29-Hydreigon-Posted 12/20/2012 8:30:34 AM
Oh okay.

After reading the wikipedia page on Queer, I have deduced that it is a term used by REALLY entitled whiny gay people.

So TC then
---
Vyro of http://www.eShopGamers.com/
~I review crap~
#30SlaynPosted 12/20/2012 8:34:50 AM
_Yag_ posted...
__Darujhistan__ posted...
and there never will be in LoL, too bad. games don't have to be PC.

The issue is not that it has to be PC, the issue is that it has elected to be PC in every regard except concerning sexual minorities.

black champ where? non traditional sexists stereotypes where? PC my ***

Came in to post this. Why would they add LBGTWTFBBQ characters if Riot can't even add a brother?
---
#1 LoL Poster NA: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/954437-league-of-legends/63627116