ATTN Riot: Give us a character who's lore designates him/her as an LGBTQ

#41SlaynPosted 12/20/2012 8:43:25 AM
omega bahumat posted...
AtSeN posted...
-Hydreigon- posted...
Oh okay.

After reading the wikipedia page on Queer, I have deduced that it is a term used by REALLY entitled whiny gay people.

So TC then

What is wrong with gay people advocating for representation in media? A significant part of the population is gay.

Is it also wrong for black people to want black characters in movies, books, video games, etc?

For women? At what point does advocacy for representation turn into whiny entitlement?

When women demand equal rights but don't want to be part of the draft.

That is seriously a pet peeve of mine. I am 100% for complete equality. I dislike hypocritical self-entitled little brats that think they can have all the advantages but none of the disadvantages.

Not only that, but when is the last time a woman paid for the first date or even split? Or how we are expected to open doors and crap? How about the fact they want to be paid equally but don't feel like doing any of the hard work? Waaaaah waaaah I can't even lift the water on the cooler.
---
#1 LoL Poster NA: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/954437-league-of-legends/63627116
#42omega bahumatPosted 12/20/2012 8:44:33 AM
_Yag_ posted...
AtSeN posted...
-Hydreigon- posted...
Oh okay.

After reading the wikipedia page on Queer, I have deduced that it is a term used by REALLY entitled whiny gay people.

So TC then

What is wrong with gay people advocating for representation in media? A significant part of the population is gay.

Is it also wrong for black people to want black characters in movies, books, video games, etc?

For women? At what point does advocacy for representation turn into whiny entitlement?

pretty sure when it gets posted on Gfaqs is a good place to draw the line. you have to be self entitled or trolling to think there's any point at all to post something like that here.

This is a social medium for an MMO - which is by definition a social game.

This is actually a good place to hold a good discussion about it.

The issue is that this isn't a good discussion because the opening post creates a divisive atmosphere.
#43omega bahumatPosted 12/20/2012 8:45:41 AM
Slayn posted...
omega bahumat posted...
AtSeN posted...
-Hydreigon- posted...
Oh okay.

So TC then

That is seriously a pet peeve of mine. I am 100% for complete equality. I dislike hypocritical self-entitled little brats that think they can have all the advantages but none of the disadvantages.

Not only that, but when is the last time a woman paid for the first date or even split? Or how we are expected to open doors and crap? How about the fact they want to be paid equally but don't feel like doing any of the hard work? Waaaaah waaaah I can't even lift the water on the cooler.

Physical labor is a bit different. IF someone can't lift something - they can't lift it. That's reality.

As for the date thing.... my wife paid for our dates for like 2 years of the 5 we dated because my job wasn't giving me a high enough income to pay for them.
#44__Darujhistan__(Topic Creator)Posted 12/20/2012 8:46:32 AM

This is like the republican scare of voter fraud. It never happens. And when it happens once in a while, it's still so utterly rare and impactless that the things that are done to prevent it are so disproportionately hurting innocent bystanders that the people trying to prevent (or at least they claim to be) voter fraud are actually enacting voter suppression instead.
---
A trench named Bingo Crepuscule? Why not Youppie Tralala?
-A Very Long Engagement
#45SlaynPosted 12/20/2012 8:48:21 AM
I went on a date with an older woman who made about 3x my paltry salary, I still paid. `_`

She paid for it in the end though....

^________~
---
#1 LoL Poster NA: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/954437-league-of-legends/63627116
#46omega bahumatPosted 12/20/2012 8:51:55 AM(edited)
__Darujhistan__ posted...

This is like the republican scare of voter fraud. It never happens. And when it happens once in a while, it's still so utterly rare and impactless that the things that are done to prevent it are so disproportionately hurting innocent bystanders that the people trying to prevent (or at least they claim to be) voter fraud are actually enacting voter suppression instead.

This post is like when someone says something completely irrelevant to try and distract from the fact that they don't have an effective counter-argument.

Oh wait - it's just called a strawman argument.

Please come back when you can actually debate the issue - instead of insulting my intelligence in a pathetic attempt to distract people.

Edit:

For added measure: You isolated one part of my comment (completely out of context) in order to insight some amount of anger from other users. Either that - or you didn't bother to read everything I said and completely missed the point.

Point being - if you want equality, go for it. I believe in 100% equality without regard to any social standing, economic, ethnic, racial, religious, gender, what have you. I take issue with hypocrites.

You attempting to take my statements out of context is both insulting and stupid.
#47__Darujhistan__(Topic Creator)Posted 12/20/2012 8:50:40 AM
That's not what a strawman is.
---
A trench named Bingo Crepuscule? Why not Youppie Tralala?
-A Very Long Engagement
#48MaurithPosted 12/20/2012 8:51:56 AM
Probably a troll topic.

But...it's not like very many champions have any explicit heterosexual attraction either. It's completely irrelevant to most characters.
---
[LoL favourites: Janna, Syndra, Rumble, Fizz, Ezreal, Miss Fortune, Katarina, Volibear, Ahri, Orianna, Kog'Maw, Amumu, Wukong, Nunu, Swain]
#49SlaynPosted 12/20/2012 8:52:02 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#50AtSeNPosted 12/20/2012 8:52:21 AM
omega bahumat posted...
AtSeN posted...
-Hydreigon- posted...
Oh okay.

So TC then

That is seriously a pet peeve of mine. I am 100% for complete equality. I dislike hypocritical self-entitled little brats that think they can have all the advantages but none of the disadantages.

Most, if not all, feminists believe the draft should be done away with altogether.

Even still, I don't think you can take a complex issue such as gender equality and dismiss it as bogus because of a specific discrepancy. Just because women aren't allowed in combat roles doesn't mean they have to be a housewife. They can be doctors, engineers, politicians, whatever they want, just like anyone else in society has a right to pursue their dreams without discrimination.
---
When will I see you again?