Cleaver probably still needs to be nerfed

#51VoidgolemPosted 12/23/2012 4:07:32 PM(edited)
Are you complaining that AP carry itemization is OP?

Cause personally I don't think so, I'm just trying to understand what argument you're trying to make.

I feel like it's actually the most balanced. They're squishy early game low to medium damage, squishy mid game with high damage and then moderately durable with ranging damage depending on the type (susatined, burst, poke).

OP? No. Just the best in the game at the moment. And indeed for pretty much the majority of the game's lifespan.

My argument, personally, is that the new cleaver is a good thing - Straight-AD guys finally have itemization almost as good as AP gets to pick from.

'course, it's only one item. But it's a start.

Soon as other tank-players iron out their builds and play accordingly I'm hoping we see less "amg I die instantly" complaints, I had a couple extra weeks to adjust what with the PBE, so it's not beyond hope that people catch on eventually.
---
"Assume all cover will explode. And if it doesn't explode, expect aliens to throw grenades in order to fix that"
#52g-cube_masta(Topic Creator)Posted 12/23/2012 4:07:32 PM
Another thing is that not building armor isn't a solution to the problem either cause you're just making it easier for them to put you at true damage.

Only health just isn't good enough. Need a combo of the two and then unless you're a tank having both is really hurting your damage output because you're forced into building so defensively.

IDK just saying it probably needs more nerfs and definitely not the buff on the PBE. Might take a while but I think Riot will come to the same conclusion as well.
---
~GameFAQs LoL Board President~
http://i.imgur.com/6rO0g.png
#53g-cube_masta(Topic Creator)Posted 12/23/2012 4:10:06 PM
Are you complaining that AP carry itemization is OP?

Cause personally I don't think so, I'm just trying to understand what argument you're trying to make.

I feel like it's actually the most balanced. They're squishy early game low to medium damage, squishy mid game with high damage and then moderately durable with ranging damage depending on the type (susatined, burst, poke).

OP? No. Just the best in the game at the moment. And indeed for pretty much the majority of the game's lifespan.

My argument, personally, is that the new cleaver is a good thing - Straight-AD guys finally have itemization almost as good as AP gets to pick from.

'course, it's only one item. But it's a start.

Soon as other tank-players iron out their builds and play accordingly I'm hoping we see less "amg I die instantly" complaints, I had a couple extra weeks to adjust what with the PBE, so it's not beyond hope that people catch on eventually.

I agree with you. New Cleaver is a good thing. Too good of a thing imo.

I'm only toning it down a little bit. -5% overall shred and 1 more stack to ramp to full shred and making it cost a couple hundos more. That's not the craziest of adjustments. The AoE abilities not proccing it was coupled between two "maybes" on the condition that my above changes didn't nerf it enough.

AD casters should be viable they're just scaling too hard imo.
---
~GameFAQs LoL Board President~
http://i.imgur.com/6rO0g.png
#54Will_UnderscorePosted 12/23/2012 5:37:16 PM
If renek walked into lane with BC and LW his resistances are going to be about as bad as his opponent's after shred. He'll go down fast in teamfights and if his lane opponent is capable of damage at all renek won't be able to just build up 100 fury and then unleash it as he pleases.

BC is good, but you can't nerf it based on popularity among ad caster builds. That's like nerfing dcap because every ap carry builds it or BT/IE because ad carries build that. Or nerfing wards because supports who buy wards have a 99% winrate or something.
---
And all the feeders and trolls will look up and shout "Carry us!"
... and I'll look down and whisper "No"