Trying to learn new champs!

#1lycon7000Posted 12/25/2012 8:59:27 AM
Ok. so i'm a pretty good support player, but that was the only thing i played!
So now i wanna learn sonmething new, and i guess jungle is the best way togo because i suck at top and i'm "meh" at mid and as AD carry... well thats just a joke.
So, to jungle i think i liked eve, mundo and moakai (but im a bad initiator to! :()
So yeah any tips on how to get better without making my team rage all over my face and stuff?
And any links to some realy good up to date jungle guides and stuff? Would help allot!
#2zhe_king_of_apePosted 12/25/2012 9:00:41 AM
youtube stonewall008
---
LoL IGN: TheMinecrafter12
#3ssj98_gotenksPosted 12/25/2012 9:01:06 AM
but im a bad initiator to

then dont play jungle
---
http://i.imgur.com/qd9BZ.gif
#4CosmosYearsPosted 12/25/2012 9:04:44 AM
Learn Maokai, Skarner, Nocturne, Amumu and Lee. Skarner is having a few problems right now in my opinion because of oracles not being a good early game choice anymore, he can't swing bot lanes nearly as well as he could in season 2. His ult is still usually a kill top or mid if landed but helping that bot lane is hella tough.

I find Lee is actually even better than he was in season 2 because there are more wards on the map but wards don't really matter if you're good with Lee because of his high mobility. He can go wherever he wants if you can land his stuff.

Maokai remains one of the strongest because of his great clears and he's just so easy. He has no skillshots at all, you just have to be in range for W and you're going to lock someone down for a good amount of time. Super underrated ult too, one of the best in the game.

Nocturne's great because he bypasses the issue many junglers are having at bot lane, ult in bot and get a kill and probably a double kill if your lane is competent.

Amumu's just broken, learn EXACTLY when and where to ult and you are scary as hell, timing is everything with that bastard.
---
Number of people who have said, "Listen to Cosmos": 32
LOL IGN: Aladair
#5lycon7000(Topic Creator)Posted 12/25/2012 9:16:18 AM
CosmosYears posted...
Learn Maokai, Skarner, Nocturne, Amumu and Lee. Skarner is having a few problems right now in my opinion because of oracles not being a good early game choice anymore, he can't swing bot lanes nearly as well as he could in season 2. His ult is still usually a kill top or mid if landed but helping that bot lane is hella tough.

I find Lee is actually even better than he was in season 2 because there are more wards on the map but wards don't really matter if you're good with Lee because of his high mobility. He can go wherever he wants if you can land his stuff.

Maokai remains one of the strongest because of his great clears and he's just so easy. He has no skillshots at all, you just have to be in range for W and you're going to lock someone down for a good amount of time. Super underrated ult too, one of the best in the game.

Nocturne's great because he bypasses the issue many junglers are having at bot lane, ult in bot and get a kill and probably a double kill if your lane is competent.

Amumu's just broken, learn EXACTLY when and where to ult and you are scary as hell, timing is everything with that bastard.

Thanks! But lee seems hard to play! But anyway do you know a good guide to get me started? Or know someone i should look up on youtube/twitchtv? And wath are your opinions on eve and mundo? because they seem fun!

And to the other guy, i'll defenitly look up his channel! thanks!
#6Godspeed2000Posted 12/25/2012 9:21:09 AM
Amumu is extremely prone to counter-jungling, though.
---
http://i.imgur.com/16MCf.gif
#7CosmosYearsPosted 12/25/2012 9:34:17 AM(edited)
Both Eve and Mundo are a little difficult. You have to manage your health correctly as Mundo since his skills cost health to use and it's probably best to get accustomed to the jungle before you tackle him. His ganks are a little rough too because you just have your clever as a form of CC.

Eve's jungle clears are a little rough too and she needs some key items for her ganks to be very effective. Eve right now in general needs big items in order to be relevant which is why people take her mid to get farm.

Remember, in the jungle you will have less farm unless you get lucky and get kills left and right. This means if you're a jungle that wants to deal damage your items are going to be very delayed, and it's also why tanky supportish jungles are very popular because the items they receive are useful to the team even if the jungler is behind a level or two and doesn't have as much gold as the carry.

For just getting started, I would definitely play Nocturne for a more aggressive and combat style jungler and Maokai for a more support type jungler. Refer to this guide by TheOddOne for a build and general idea of moveset, masteries and runes.

http://www.solomid.net/guides.php?g=38915-theoddone-maokai-build-guide

Nocturne is trickier right now, I would always build him tanky bruiser in season 2 but I've given him some more damage items because black clever is still very good. You can consider items like this on a Nocturne build:

Wriggles
Black Clever
Frozen Mallet
Wits End
Randuins
Warmorgs
Runic Bulwark
Ruby Sight Stone

Those would be good on any variant Noc build.

For people to watch, watch TheOddOne's stream on Twitch, he has tons of videos archived that you can hop into and watch to get a feel for all kinds of junglers that catch your eye. I would still really recommend that YOU start with these two though since they're a couple of the easiest and safest.
---
Number of people who have said, "Listen to Cosmos": 32
LOL IGN: Aladair
#8The_Fear101Posted 12/25/2012 9:37:32 AM
Nautilus jungle isn't getting any love?
---
I used to be Scoob...