Ryze Build in S3

#1AdraenPosted 12/25/2012 10:15:00 AM
How is he?
I know he's always been really underplayed. I play him decently-ish often-ish. I just can't seem to get his build down in S3.

Tear
Boots
Rod of Ages
Banshee's or Frozen Gauntlet
Frozen Gauntlet or Banshee's
Muramana
Tear
Archangel's

I really don't like not having Will of the Ancients.. it was so good on him. Is Muramana optional or is it pretty core?
#2themagicpainmanPosted 12/25/2012 10:16:27 AM
How is he?

Broken.
---
"Combine Cloak and Dagger with Boots of Swiftness so CC doesn't stop you from moving faster toward defeat." - Frost_shock_FTW
#3ShurikoPosted 12/25/2012 10:16:45 AM
start either mana crystal+2 pots or flask+5 pots+ward

rush tear
then either sorc shoes or catalyst
then RoA
then iceborn gauntlet
then muramana
then build another tear
then archangel or if you need durability GA
---
http://i.minus.com/iOYF1vPnsYjll.gif
#4angelwkw3Posted 12/25/2012 10:20:04 AM
I'd get Void Staff before another tear related item.
---
LoL ID = Crosisx2/Kurokage17/Angelwkw3
#5TomorrowDogPosted 12/25/2012 10:25:50 AM
Is Muramana optional or is it pretty core?

6% of your mana as additional magic damage on spells (with no cooldown) on a champion whose design is to stack the crap out of mana and fire off spells like a machine gun is pure craziness.
---
"Happiness is nature's way of telling human resources you're overpaid." - Catbert
#6ShurikoPosted 12/25/2012 10:27:53 AM
Is Muramana optional or is it pretty core?

6% of your mana as additional magic damage on spells (with no cooldown) on a champion whose design is to stack the crap out of mana and fire off spells like a machine gun is pure craziness.

+the passive gives him like 90 AD which is 2 free BF swords lol
---
http://i.minus.com/iOYF1vPnsYjll.gif
#7Badmood136Posted 12/25/2012 10:38:59 AM
Ryze is pretty strong. His early game is a bit easier now, with the addition of the flask and the price reduction on the tear.

I wouldn't suggest Iceborn Gauntlet. Ryze doesn't really have the time to AA between spells w/ his slow AA animation, and he doesn't have much need for an additional slow, what with his 2 second targeted snare. Frozen Heart is a better alternative imo. *hint: Ryze can cap his CDR w/ Overload + Frozen Heart + Masteries*

WoTA is still good on him, w/ his ulti active he regens like a boss during teamfights.
---
>;_;> >;_;> ^_^>(::) . . | GT:TwinInfinite
He took our cookie... | Active: MW2, LoL, TF2, Halo: Reach
#8TrevorkkhoPosted 12/25/2012 11:21:21 AM(edited)
If enemy team doesn't have any AD assassin or fed AD, I ditch FH+wota for unholy grail+spirit of wraith*.

I can keep toggle on, solo dragon/baron and out sustain brusier and still hit cdr cap. and gibbed their average adc
---
POK Erthroid Myeloid Ontogenic
#9Frost_shock_FTWPosted 12/25/2012 11:20:03 AM
If enemy team doesn't have any AD assassin or fed AD, I ditch FH+wota for unholy grail+spirit of blue golem.

I can keep toggle on, solo dragon/baron and out sustain brusier and still hit cdr cap. and gibbed their average adc

Why on earth would you use an entire slot for an item that gives you no mana or any useful stats at all outside of tenacity? And while building it you're stuck with Spirit Stone in a slot.

Grail is a nice luxury item if fights are going on long enough that Muramana is killing you, but again does nothing for Ryze's damage and has the same or less CDR as the mana-heavy Iceborn Gauntlet and Frozen Heart.
---
I wumbo, you wumbo, he, she, me wumbo. Wumboing, wumbology, the study of wumbo? It's first grade Spongebob!
Contacts in Profile
#10anilEhilatedPosted 12/25/2012 11:53:26 AM
Why on earth would you use an entire slot for an item that gives you no mana or any useful stats at all outside of tenacity?

how DARE you buy boots
---
For who could ever...?