Helping out a new player...

#1Asmodean0Posted 12/25/2012 9:04:25 PM
I started playing LoL not so long ago and have been wondering what the best way to get good at the game at first. Am I better off picking a single Champ and just doing v AI games up til I think i understand the play style of said champ or should I just throw myself into ranked games?

Also random thought on my part. I have been playing Jax for a bit now and I'm not sure if Black Cleaver is good on him. My end mix of items if I can get them are Berserker's Greaves, Hextech Gunblade, Guinsoo's Rageblade, Zephyr, Trinity Force with the last slot being a Guardian Angel for defense if an enemy is higher level and better equipped or Phantom Dancer to make the damage that much faster plus easier chase.

Am I better off with PD or BC?
#2xLilxPhoPridePosted 12/25/2012 9:07:04 PM
Imo i would take out zephyr and then replace it with either pd or black cleaver. Try adding a BotrK in there as well. If you want I generally replace boots with Phantom Dancer as it's almost the same with the movement speed buffs the champz have.
#3WUKONGMONKYKINGPosted 12/25/2012 9:10:31 PM
don't play bots for practice the bots aern't hard once you know how they think. play normals until 30 and then keep playing them if you aern't comfortable with ranked.
#4kirbyakaZPosted 12/25/2012 9:30:26 PM
Add me in game ( TheHat27 ) if you want to learn how to play mid, or just general tips.

I would say keep playing bots until you feel comfortable with at least 2 roles/champs, that way if someone calls out a roll in a normal game you aren't screwed. Also, ranked is only available after you reach level 30, but you can always play PvP.

In addition, don't buy runes until you reach level 20 and are able to buy tier 3 runes. Buy champs until around level 15, then save up. And you should always try all of the free week champs to see if you enjoy them or not.

Um, what else . . . . Oh yeah! Alistar and Tristana are both free, with skins! Just google it, one you have to like them on facebook and the other subscribe to their youtube channel.
---
High Five if you love Jesus!
High fives:9 Annoyed faces:4
#5TruHNIC187Posted 12/25/2012 9:38:38 PM
my advice as as far as bots go ..... only play one maybe 2 games with them when you are trying to learn a new champ. they aren't very good practice as they are super easy mode