A true support might be a bad thing

#1reaver89Posted 12/26/2012 6:56:48 AM
So first off, I find Nami to be really fun and she is truly a true support. She can heal, increase movement, increase attack power, and stun. She is a great support.

But being that she is a true support, I've found that she CAN NOT do anything by herself. Expectedly, too weak to farm effectively, skills offer little potential in helping to farm, and she can not take on anyone, granted she can harass like boss, but she is very allergic to cc.

My question is, what do you do with her when it's not conducive to the current situation to hold hands with someone. For example: all lanes are pushed, 3 teammates are taking top, and your current charge is taking red. Other than wait for them and waste time, gold, and a little xp, what do you do when you think no one requires your assistance at the moment?

Or do you have a Nami/Alistar/Taric build that actually allows them to hold there own while the team is away?
#2DivinewargodPosted 12/26/2012 7:31:49 AM
So, wait... What you're telling me is....

... That a support character is good for support?

Strange.
---
MHTri: Corey
Fatal Frame is the most interesting horror game series.
#3NessosinPosted 12/26/2012 9:33:46 AM
I stick with my ADC or the rest of the team pretty much the whole time. Don't go off farming by yourself when you're supporting.
#4iddZk33pPosted 12/26/2012 9:34:51 AM
you ward and clear out enemy wards
---
http://www.nerfnow.com/comic/image/728
#5JiminyTheDingoPosted 12/26/2012 10:27:24 AM
You're complaining that a champion in a support role can't farm well? You're aware that supports should rarely ever have an opportunity to farm, right? And you're complaining that a support can't win a duel with someone else? Supports don't itemize to fight people head on. They build to support their teammates so they can fight better. Also, pretty much everyone gets punished by getting hit with CC.

Your expectations of a support are straight up not what supports do. Nami supports well. She should, she is a support after all. She can't do other things well. That's fine, because she isn't something else.
---
Reading increases knowledge and knowledge is power. But power corrupts and corruption is a crime. Crime doesn't pay. If you read, you'll go broke! - Dogbert
#6KirbixPosted 12/26/2012 10:33:24 AM
Once you're to the point in the game where your team is grouped top with your carry taking red, you shouldn't ever be alone anyway. You stay with him and give up the ~40 gold you might have farmed up.

While alistar and taric are both tanky enough to take a beating, neither of them do the damage necessary to win a duel, so even for them I'd never go hold a lane on your own. That's the core idea of support- you have to be with another champ to support them.
---
Signatures that consist of quotes are bizarre- you could falsify a quote and no one would know.-Jesus
#7HardcoreFtwPosted 12/26/2012 10:40:42 AM
Supports are like the CIA/KGB of LOL worlds... Be proud

The provide map intels... It changes games/save live

War of wars = The cold war
---
drink Russian, drive German, wear Italian.
#8FlameLord23Posted 12/26/2012 11:00:36 AM
TC is the reason we can't have nice things.
---
The Riot Team
LoL IGN: I Rock Ths
#9reaver89(Topic Creator)Posted 12/26/2012 11:02:06 AM
JiminyTheDingo posted...
You're complaining that a champion in a support role can't farm well? You're aware that supports should rarely ever have an opportunity to farm, right? And you're complaining that a support can't win a duel with someone else? Supports don't itemize to fight people head on. They build to support their teammates so they can fight better. Also, pretty much everyone gets punished by getting hit with CC.

Your expectations of a support are straight up not what supports do. Nami supports well. She should, she is a support after all. She can't do other things well. That's fine, because she isn't something else.

I wasn't complaining, I was stating a fact. I was just curious as to what people do as supports when they aren't needed and have downtime. I know full well what supports are capable of and not capable of...which makes it hard to have to rely on strangers to be smart enough to ignore cs long enough to keep ezreal from poking both of you to death. Sorry, that was off-topic.
Anyway, I say Nami is allergic to CC because unlike Taric and Alistar, she can't take much damage and unlike Riven and Caitlyn, she has no natural escapes, and unlike Lulu and Orianna, she doesn't have a shield, so getting stunned, even slow, means death.

Part of want I want to know is if she has any potential to be anything other than support, like oriana, and I haven't discovered it yet.
#10Gladiator28Posted 12/26/2012 11:20:45 AM
Well the nice things about supports is that they necessarily don't have to win duels, but they can disengage safely.

Run into an enemy that you don't want to fight as Nami? Send out a bubble and run. Heal yourself if needed.

Need wards cleared? Good, you're supposed to be doing that.

If you really want some minion clearing ability, get a Zeke's Herald or something. Gives you some AD while still being a support item.
---
LoL - Jokmor
GENERATION 21: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.