Is Ashe support really a thing?

#1JackDaniels1964Posted 12/26/2012 2:05:55 PM
Why are you deceiving me?
(Unless im wrong)
---
LoL ign : SmyDsamsung69... ADD ME
#2aHappySackaPosted 12/26/2012 2:06:40 PM
It can work but Supportplank is still better.
---
Kitty Kat --> /\_/\
.................=(^_^)=
#3VascelaPosted 12/26/2012 2:07:22 PM
It's pretty much AD Ashe with a philo and no cs. Slows, pokes, hawkshot, ulti all great utility.
#4MMG_Posted 12/26/2012 2:13:28 PM
I will be honest with you TC.

Most Ashe supports I see steal cs, feed hard and insult the adc the whole match because the Ashe wanted to play adc.

Needless to say support Ashe is indeed a thing.
---
When I'm drunk I like to feed the trolls.
http://i.imgur.com/gTeOs.png
#5happyscrub1Posted 12/26/2012 2:31:14 PM
I do it sometimes. Actually my last game was ashe support. I rush the zekes herald.

Its best to abuse her early game poke. Get them crits and Ws flowing.
---
Question, how did world trade center building 7 (the -3rd- building to fall) collapse during 9/11? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnnjIzamnJo
#6The_WeegeePosted 12/26/2012 2:38:09 PM
Why are you deceiving me?

Because I play Shaco.
---
Breloom is the satanic spawn of hell.-BahamutZero92
#7Suffer_NotPosted 12/26/2012 3:03:41 PM
The idea behind Support Ashe is that she has a lot of utility, a decent amount of early game poke, and she is able to make use of farm if farm becomes available without abandoning her team in the process. It's similar to the thought process behind support Lux or Twisted Fate; there are stronger support options, but it will work in specific lineups.

Let us say that you have a case where the enemy team is pushing the mid tower while a large creep wave is heading to your bot tower. A support Ashe can make use of that creep wave while still assisting her team through her global ultimate if it becomes necessary and she is a good shot. It's a gamble; if the enemy team's Leona chooses to hard initiate and you lose the fight, it will not have been worth it. If the enemy team instead has a Janna who cannot really initiate on your team, then you win the exchange because your team defends the mid tower and you get a lot of farm on your Ashe in addition to your hard carry taking farm mid.

If you anticipate a situation where the game will stretch long enough for items on the support to matter, it's totally ok for support Ashe to happen. Most games, however, it won't be worth it, and even when it is I would recommend Support Plank or Lux or Nautilus or so on before I would recommend support Ashe.
#8ZorenPosted 12/26/2012 4:01:31 PM
I've done it before when someone autolocked MF It's decent but you might as well have a kill lane.
---
Metroid DS name: Sacadam FC: 201931021467
Starcraft Broodwars: Newplayer1
#9_SNAGRAT_LIEPosted 12/26/2012 4:12:12 PM
full crit damage runes, and poke with autoattacks because of your passive
---
Friendly reminder to get karma on your alts