Questions for Kayle Players...

#1EcchiBakaPosted 12/27/2012 10:51:28 AM
I really like playing Kayle, in Season 2 I jungled her with great success but it seems I'm absolutely mediocre at top laning with her. I'd just like to know what you guys rush on her for items (AD Kayle preferably) and what runes you use. I run AtkSpd Marks, AD Quints, Armor Seals, and MRes/Lvl Glpyhs. I also max E first.

Any tips?
---
(O.O) Shy Guy Squadron (O.O)
:3 Ecchi Reader (I <3 Kotegawa-san!!!)
#2BlindBansheePosted 12/27/2012 8:05:24 PM
I wouldn't claim to be a professional Kayle player, but I play her fairly often and usually have pretty good success. Here's what I would advise.

Firstly, I max Q first, period. The reason behind this is because the added damage to Q is better than the added damage on the E unless you hit them with at least five attacks, which usually doesn't happen.

The second reason I do this is because your E has a tendency to push your lane which is no good. I try to hold off on the heal as long as I can just because it's never as useful as you'd like it to be. Priority would be R>Q>E>W.

The only two items I feel should be listed as required (at least in my book) would be a rushed Brutalizer because its effectiveness early game is just amazing, and Guinsoo's Rageblade.

Other than these I feel like you should use whatever works for you. Standard masteries and I prefer Armor Pen marks, Armor seals, Armor glyphs, and Armor Pen/Movement Speed quints. Probably not what people would normally use, but I hit hard and deflect a lot of damage, seems to work for me.

Anyways, hope this helped a little.
#3BlindBansheePosted 12/27/2012 11:59:51 PM
Bump for other opinions on Kayle. As a Kayle player I'm curious myself.
#4EvilmonsterPosted 12/28/2012 12:04:04 AM
i used to max Q until I started with E.

E really destroys most top laners. Q hits hard but its mana heavy and CD isn't that great.

With E you are basically ranged and you can destroy anyone early levels with E.

I do an unconventional build but it works for me

Flask + 1 ward + rest potions. If they trade hits with me I'll always outlast them. Try starting with E and then do Q, then W.
---
I love me some Dallas girls!
Nintendo Network ID: Thomas88
#5xMikhalxPosted 12/28/2012 12:56:34 AM
Depending on where you're going, your skill choices differ slightly.

For top lane, I prefer Q maxed out first bar few exceptions. Those exceptions being when I dominate top lane and want to shove out with a max E or for some odd reason, the other top laner is getting MR or has high sustain.

The reason is fairly obvious; you don't want to push your lane and you want stronger harass/single target dps.
#6MegaHowlerPosted 12/28/2012 1:06:04 AM
Pushing your lane at low-elo play isn't as bad as people make it seem. You wreck your lane so fast its kinda funny. Some people don't even know how to handle Kayle. I went Nashor's into Guinsoo one game maxing E first and it was ridiculously fun. They surrendered before I could really get anything else though so I'm not sure how valuable that specific build is for team fights. But for dueling guinsoo on low health after your Ult is just trolling
---
3DSFC 4382-2743-5839
#7Patrick52WillisPosted 12/28/2012 1:12:27 AM
BlindBanshee posted...
Bump for other opinions on Kayle. As a Kayle player I'm curious myself.

---
San Francisco 49ers
http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/3q9fez/
#8BlindBansheePosted 12/28/2012 11:31:51 AM
Pushing isn't the worst thing in the world, but it makes you easier to gank and it allows your opponent to gain exp safely by their tower.

If you're not absolutely stomping your opponent I prefer to max Q first for more guaranteed damage and get them to come out so I can harass them.

Again, the damage increase on E only equals the damage increase on Q if you hit the opponent with five auto-attacks, something that I generally don't see happen if your opponent has a pulse. The splash damage gets stronger, but not by much early game and again I'm not wanting to push my lane anyways.
#9Alpha218Posted 12/28/2012 11:35:39 AM
Stinger is actually viable on AD Kayle in Season 3 because it builds into Zephyr. Brutalizer is also good because it builds into the new Black Cleaver... The new items were good for AD Kayle because she has viable CDR options to ensure that E is up more often because she kinda sucks when it's on CD and it's not active for her. Other than that I'd say build like you would an AD Carry... Except throw in a Wriggles or Hexdrinker if it's a hard lane.
---
http://i960.photobucket.com/albums/ae81/Alpha218/alphaqx.png
http://www.gamefaqs.com/564484/b (my secret board) ||| www.lostfacts.net (cool spinoff site)
#10EcchiBaka(Topic Creator)Posted 12/28/2012 5:38:39 PM
Just tried the maxing Q strat first and I saw the difference in single target dps (vs Riven). I still lost lane, but we still won game. After getting an Infinity Edge, Kayle's damage just explodes.

I should try that rune set you shared too...
---
(O.O) Shy Guy Squadron (O.O)
:3 Ecchi Reader (I <3 Kotegawa-san!!!)