Jungle Kha'zix help

#1KengPaoChickenPosted 12/29/2012 6:58:11 AM
Hello,
I've recently picked up kz for jungling, but I have a couple of problems. Many guides have said to go wiggles>BC>BT>LW>anything. But I keep getting destroyed. When I gank, I'm so squishy that I don't really do anything but feed. I feel so useless though when I start building tanky items, and Kz isnt really meant to be build tanky. How do I solve this problem? How do I not get my face melted everytime I jump in?

What do you guys build on jungle kz? What about masteries? skill oder? Any tips?

Thank you
---
STEAM: PEKINGDUCK -------- XBL: pekLngduck------Starcraft 2: HellaZerg
i7 @ 3.2 -- GTX 285 --- 4GB DDR3 1600
#2Act31Posted 12/29/2012 7:09:30 AM
Gank better
---
http://i.imgur.com/UGiHA.gif
http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs6/3901342_o.gif
#3RzulPosted 12/29/2012 7:12:31 AM
Kha requires a little practice. You need to have your W evolved first to apply your passive, heal and slow the enemy.

Get Wriggle's>Boots>Bloodthirster>Black Cleaver>Maw of Malmortius>Frozen Mallet
That's my personal build, and I do pretty well. Take advantage of bushes often when ganking solo top and mid lanes cause you activate your passive that way.

He's not a sustained jungler. He's supposed to leap in, burst down the opposition fast and get out quickly. His burst is pretty much unmatched you just need to practice. Evolve W>E>R. Q only I you need that added damage range. Kha has amazing diving potential because of his E just don't let the enemy bait you.

Take basic jungling masteries 21-0-9, and AD reds, Armor yellows, MR Blues, and either AD quints or MS quints.
---
Vi is my waifu. Deal with it.
3DS FC: 4038-6009-6930 PSN: Rzul96xsEED
#4TheSteelPhoenixPosted 12/29/2012 7:30:03 AM
For the jungle, here is what i do (1850 rating)

Take W first point, to do blue first.
You want 9/12/9 masteries. For runes I do armor pen red, armor yellows AND blues, atk dmg quints
take smite/ghost. Don't take flash, ghost is much much more effective at securing ganks. Combined with his leap, flash is really just a waste for him.

You want to max Q first, then W, one point in leap at level 3 or 4 (i do 4 cause i like to clear golems then wraiths again, but if someone looks juicy when you hit level 3, take leap and go for a gank).

For evolutions, evolve leap first. This is a huge deal, it gives you the reset on assist or kill (I can't tell you how many double kills this has given me). Then W next. R last.

You want to open with machete and 5. Get boots at some point. These are your core items.

Black cleaver/bloodthirster/last whisper.

There is a trick i do, where you leap, and mid air while leaping, use your W. This applies the slow and makes it so the cast time is done in the air and not when you land. You can land and immeditly AA and Q, apply slow if pre-11 and dont have slow on your bomb ass W spell. Also there is some glitch that I am surprised no one is talking about, where if you cast W mid air, it does FAR more damage then it should.

Other great items on him: mercurial schimatar, bluwark, GA, frozen mallet (to an extent), spirt visage, frozen heart. Mix and match to get what you need (I usually go SV and FH, but if they have a lot of CC I go for the schimeter and bulwark, if a lot of burst work a GA onto there instead, frozen mallet I just listed cause it seemed nice, but I've built it once and didn't care for it.)
---
C'mon Obama,lets stomp this economy into the ground. I'd rather get our economic collapse over with while I'm young and strong and have a chance of surviving.
#5B01tPosted 12/29/2012 7:55:45 AM
TheSteelPhoenix posted...
For the jungle, here is what i do (1850 rating)

Take W first point, to do blue first.
You want 9/12/9 masteries. For runes I do armor pen red, armor yellows AND blues, atk dmg quints
take smite/ghost. Don't take flash, ghost is much much more effective at securing ganks. Combined with his leap, flash is really just a waste for him.

You want to max Q first, then W, one point in leap at level 3 or 4 (i do 4 cause i like to clear golems then wraiths again, but if someone looks juicy when you hit level 3, take leap and go for a gank).

For evolutions, evolve leap first. This is a huge deal, it gives you the reset on assist or kill (I can't tell you how many double kills this has given me). Then W next. R last.

You want to open with machete and 5. Get boots at some point. These are your core items.

Black cleaver/bloodthirster/last whisper.

There is a trick i do, where you leap, and mid air while leaping, use your W. This applies the slow and makes it so the cast time is done in the air and not when you land. You can land and immeditly AA and Q, apply slow if pre-11 and dont have slow on your bomb ass W spell. Also there is some glitch that I am surprised no one is talking about, where if you cast W mid air, it does FAR more damage then it should.

Other great items on him: mercurial schimatar, bluwark, GA, frozen mallet (to an extent), spirt visage, frozen heart. Mix and match to get what you need (I usually go SV and FH, but if they have a lot of CC I go for the schimeter and bulwark, if a lot of burst work a GA onto there instead, frozen mallet I just listed cause it seemed nice, but I've built it once and didn't care for it.)

As someone else who uses Kha'zix, i heartily approve ^^^
Evolving E makes a massive difference, whereas W doesn't matter much in the jungle. All it gives you for clearing camps is applying your passive's damage to the monsters. While it helps with Ganking, yes, as a ranged slow, it's far better to leap as far as your W can go, then slow them while being in range for Q much faster.

They don't get nearly as much response time to deal with you, and the reset aspect makes it even easier to dive them. Furthermore, evolved E lets you gank from very unexpected places, such as over walls.
my usual build for mid/top zix is: Merc treads, BC, BT, LW, GA, and either BT or (i've considered this, haven't tried it yet) Hydra.

For jungle zix build, steel's is pretty great. You'll want one good defensive item, maybe two. And do NOT underestimate CDR on him, it's fantastic. Q goes from 3.5 to 2.1 second CD, and that's actually pretty massive.
---
"That is why war is so tragic. To win means to make victims of your opponents and give birth to hatred." - Kratos Aurion, Tales of Symphonia
#6refmonPosted 12/29/2012 8:34:49 AM
Do I get wriggles or lizard
---
If you read this signature, then that meant that I had control of what you read for 5 SECONDS!!
#7profDEADPOOLPosted 12/29/2012 10:35:59 AM(edited)
refmon posted...
Do I get wriggles or lizard

Lizard makes your W even more deadly of a poke. Wriggle's makes you clear fast and lets you solo drag really early.

Right now it is really do you want better teamfighting or better clearing.

However if the PBE addition of 10% cdr to lizard goes through then it will be amazing on him and I will no longer see a reason to build Wriggle's.
---
Official Mienshao of the pokemon B/W and BW2 clans
Comic pull list: UXF, WatX, Hawkeye, Secret Avengers, Gambit, JLD, and Batwing
#8KengPaoChicken(Topic Creator)Posted 12/29/2012 3:07:46 PM
Thank you all, I will keep trying
---
STEAM: PEKINGDUCK -------- XBL: pekLngduck------Starcraft 2: HellaZerg
i7 @ 3.2 -- GTX 285 --- 4GB DDR3 1600
#9FreshSushiPosted 12/29/2012 3:11:27 PM
Rzul posted...
Kha requires little practice.

Fixed
---
Hidetaka Miyazaki, Shinji Mikami
Please come back Q_Q
#10professor xPosted 12/29/2012 5:20:08 PM
FreshSushi posted...
Rzul posted...
Kha requires little practice.

Fixed

This, I don't know what you are suppose to practice with a targeted gap closer twice the range of flash and a AoE nuke that cover more area than wild cards...

The only thing remotely difficulty is using the ult for stealth juke, but that only matters in teamfights and you can kill just fine even if you suck at it.
---
Reality is defined by your imagination, the catch is to convince yourself what is and what is not.