Anyone tried Tanky AP Liandry's Phoenix Udyr?

#1YomjosekiPosted 12/29/2012 9:13:35 AM(edited)
topic

Something like Rylai's, Liandry's, Wit's End, Guardian Angel, RoA.

Can't not work, right?

edit: or, if you prefer focusing down a single target instead of doing massive aoe damage, you can max Tiger and get Liandry's/Mallet/GA/Wit's End.
---
Every time A COP get a robber in the process, you will hear the robber say.. Stupid cop caught me. but who is really the stupid?
#2DeleveleDPosted 12/29/2012 9:13:25 AM
Sounds interesting, even if it does sound stupid, but Udyr doesn't have anything to "impair" movement, besides Red and building another item. (FM, TF, etc.)
---
The statement below is false.
The statement above is true.
#3_HeXPosted 12/29/2012 9:25:52 AM
Sounds gimmick-y, but feel free to test it out and let us know how it turns out.
---
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.
#4Yomjoseki(Topic Creator)Posted 12/29/2012 9:35:24 AM
I'm terrible at actually playing the game, even though I have a pretty good sense of how things SHOULD work.
---
Every time A COP get a robber in the process, you will hear the robber say.. Stupid cop caught me. but who is really the stupid?
#5Yomjoseki(Topic Creator)Posted 12/29/2012 6:22:23 PM
bump

Anyone decent with Udyr wanna try this? I'll give it a few games but I don't want to base the results entirely on MY findings since they're sure to be a little more than subpar >.>
---
#6refmonPosted 12/29/2012 6:23:33 PM
Someone has to try this
---
If you read this signature, then that meant that I had control of what you read for 5 SECONDS!!
#7Noblesse_Posted 12/29/2012 6:25:45 PM
Tried it in ARAM, doesn't work quite well as super fast, super tanky Udyr. But that could be because it's ARAM. You do decent damage though in Tiger Stance. Only damage items I had were TF and Liandry's.
---
Noblesse Oblige May you go on and conduct in a honorable manor.
#8thecrossnkightPosted 12/29/2012 6:57:35 PM
I could see a frozen gauntlet + liandrys pheonix stance udyr being quite funny.
---
What do you do when faced with two choices? Simply toss a coin. It works because in that brief time that the coin is in the air you know what you're hoping for.
#9the_rowanPosted 12/29/2012 7:06:43 PM
DeleveleD posted...
Sounds interesting, even if it does sound stupid, but Udyr doesn't have anything to "impair" movement, besides Red and building another item. (FM, TF, etc.)

Any CC at all other than silences will trigger Liandry's double damage, including Bear Stance's stun.
---
"That is why war is so tragic. To win means to make victims of your opponents and give birth to hatred." - Kratos Aurion, Tales of Symphonia
#10YourJanissaryPosted 12/29/2012 7:19:33 PM
what is up with people trying to build around linadry's passive?

get a sunfire cape. you will have more health, armor, and the passive will do more damage.
---
Draft Pro-Gamers, ask me about a draft, I'm an admin.
ProESN.com