Tear/manamune on AD Casters a core item?

#1myg0t_stkPosted 12/30/2012 6:01:17 AM
My standard build for mana hungry ad casters such as Jayce, Khazix, and Yorick has been
soda, 3hp, 2mp, and a ward, and on the second and third recalls I buy a tear and a brutalizer respectively. I was told while playing Jayce that it shouldn't be built on Jayce. But I am a bit confused because I convinced myself that it is the perfect item to build on casters for constant harass / ability spam and of course the benefits of muramuna. So am I delusional or is this a great item for mana hungry AD Casters? If I even do go for a blue buff it never seems to be enough either.
---
ezreal is my waifu
#2PrintScreenKeyPosted 12/30/2012 6:04:53 AM
Depends on your playstyle. You may like spamming spells, but other people will keep their mana pool healthy and use spells where it counts. If this is the case then the mana build is not worth it and instead they could be building damage and survivability
#3Fenrir the WolfPosted 12/30/2012 6:14:19 AM
In S2, getting a tear on Jayce was silly. I can totally see it being viable for S3 due to Muramana, though I haven't played around with it myself yet.
---
And then John was a zombie.
#4DeanyzyPosted 12/30/2012 6:15:14 AM
I quite like it on Pantheon, he can fill it up quickly and it allows him to harass with Q for days. I don't always get it though as it delays his BC and BT which are more important.
#5GhostSignalPosted 12/30/2012 6:16:34 AM
I've seen people build into Muramana on Jayce and the bug a few times I'd certainly give it a try.
#6HabnotPosted 12/30/2012 6:21:51 AM
Fenrir the Wolf posted...
In S2, getting a tear on Jayce was silly. I can totally see it being viable for S3 due to Muramana, though I haven't played around with it myself yet.

Muramana and his ranged W is insane burst, but that's from trying it out in ARAMs. I actually start with the tear and try to farm it up ASAP now as it gives him spammable poke and great teamfight presence when coupled with a BC.
---
Look, the point is to get him to go to the naked party, not correctly interpret the Bible. - Ridley X.
#7myg0t_stk(Topic Creator)Posted 12/30/2012 6:29:23 AM(edited)
I do like to keep my enemy almost constantly harassed, a mind game if you will. So it seems that I sacrifice some damage and survivability for some easy harass.

It seems that my early game is the most passive though because it is all about chipping away at the enemy and if I am lucky enough for a kill then I go for it. In the mid game I think is where the benefits start coming in when roaming starts happening and towers are about to fall. That is when my average score or even subaverage score starts to get ramped up. One time (ranked)when I was mid lane with Khazix vs a brand I think I went 2/3 and he was 4/2. I think when he killed my tower I ended up roaming and going 14/3 by the end of the game... this has been the basic flow of most games with ad casters thus far (slowish early game if not fed followed by a great midgame and a great endgame due to muramuna)...
---
ezreal is my waifu
#8secdawgsPosted 12/30/2012 6:39:29 AM
No real need to get to mana crazy on Jayce of all ppl. Others I can understand.

Jayce, however has a built in mana regen w/ his melee form w. Just go last hit a few creeps w/ your melee form and you are good to go. What makes jayce so great is he has incredible sustain once he gets the lifesteal part of the BT. He can get health and mana back so fast.
#9MizunoRyuuPosted 12/30/2012 7:31:45 AM
Manamune on Jayce is even less effective than on Taric... There's just no point since he already has passive mana regen. It's effective on Yorick and Urgot, and AD Bruiser Nid can use it well. On anyone else though, not so much.
---
Evelynn is my waifu.
Help... Me...
#10HabnotPosted 12/30/2012 7:36:36 AM
Fenrir the Wolf posted...

Muramana and his ranged W is insane burst, but that's from trying it out in ARAMs. I actually start with the tear and try to farm it up ASAP now as it gives him spammable poke and great teamfight presence when coupled with a BC.

I should clarify this is all from ARAMs and I really don't condone building that in a regular game. You can just right click and get mana back in melee form rather safely.
---
Look, the point is to get him to go to the naked party, not correctly interpret the Bible. - Ridley X.