Okay, so listen up, Elise players, need some help

#1CheeseItBagginsPosted 12/31/2012 8:20:36 AM
I bought her. Took her mid lane. Was alright, really. I'm not good with her yet, so I probably did some very crucial things wrong, but it was pretty nice. Then I took her top, basically same mage build. Wasn't that great, but I started pondering on this build...

Flask + pots start
Rush RoA
Boots
Build Rylai's
Build Liandry's
Elise is now pretty tanky in spider form, dishes out some pretty good damage in human form, and has some nice utility.
Build whatever else is needed. Offense or defense.

Would it work? I'd try it out, but I feel as if I'm really too bad to try out a build and objectively comment on whether or not it worked.
---
You feelin' froggy, jump.
#2DarcKagePosted 12/31/2012 8:25:01 AM
For starters, I'd play her top instead of mid. She has a lot of easier match-ups there compared to mid lane.

Items, I'd skip RoA and rush Haunting Guise, build Liandry's + Rylai's and go tanky from there (Abyssal, Iceborn, Zhonya's)
---
Currently playing: Tales of Graces F, Borderlands 2, Guild Wars 2, Dark Souls
#3BarrenitePosted 12/31/2012 8:26:15 AM
CheeseItBaggins posted...
I bought her. Took her mid lane. Was alright, really. I'm not good with her yet, so I probably did some very crucial things wrong, but it was pretty nice. Then I took her top, basically same mage build. Wasn't that great, but I started pondering on this build...

Flask + pots start
Rush RoA
Boots
Build Rylai's
Build Liandry's
Elise is now pretty tanky in spider form, dishes out some pretty good damage in human form, and has some nice utility.

Would it work? I'd try it out, but I feel as if I'm really too bad to try out a build and objectively comment on whether or not it worked.

No.

Flask+Pots
Haunting Guise
Sorc Shoes
Rylai's
Abyssal
Liandry
last two items can be pretty much whatever the hell you want
---
Elise is my waifu! Hands off!
#4CheeseItBaggins(Topic Creator)Posted 12/31/2012 8:27:29 AM
Barrenite posted...

Flask + pots start
Rush RoA
Boots
Build Rylai's
Build Liandry's

No.

Flask+Pots
Haunting Guise
Sorc Shoes
Rylai's
Abyssal
Liandry

Will try this.

Why not RoA btw? Seems like profit in every area to me.
---
#5BarrenitePosted 12/31/2012 8:40:16 AM
Barrenite posted...

Flask + pots start
Rush RoA
Boots
Build Rylai's
Build Liandry's

No.

Flask+Pots
Haunting Guise
Sorc Shoes
Rylai's
Abyssal
Liandry

Will try this.

not worth it for the cost
---
Elise is my waifu! Hands off!
#6DeeJayTechnikaPosted 12/31/2012 8:51:45 AM
You want to mass mpen and bully the other person in lane. That is sort of Elise's role. Some matchup I would even stack Doran Ring or shield
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RVa0Q_t0bI&feature=related
Gamertag: Circle6
#7ssj98_gotenksPosted 12/31/2012 8:58:51 AM
Rush RoA

naw RoA isn't that amazing when you have Rylai's already.

here.

"My most frequently debated question, by far. Do I want RoA? Or do I want Rylai? Well the answer simply put is both. Both are really good and both work really well with Elise. You become tanky with either of them, but really getting both is huge. They cost about the same. They give about the same amount of AP, Rylai's all at once, but RoA takes time to charge. Just as a note, I typically get one at about 18 minutes. And the other at about 30. The game is still quite early at that point. However, 130 health + 725 mana or a really good slow is more important. I think that Rylai is better in almost every situation, as the mana is more of a nice thing, as opposed to a necessity, and 130 health isn't that much in comparison. Elise really likes movement, and making your enemies slower is really helpful to have. She can proc the slow off Either Q, as well as Human W. Two being 35% and one being 15%. Rylai usually is the better purpose, and I'll almost always build it. RoA by all means is not a bad choice, but having to wait 10 minutes is a pain. The problem with getting both, is that you would have to get RoA first because of the passive. But in that time, ganks are common, and so is chasing, which is where Rylais really helps. If for some reason you want both, go ahead. But I stick to Rylai as it is. Also, get Giants Belt first. Usually helps against champs with big damage like Leblanc."
---
http://i.imgur.com/qd9BZ.gif
#8pectus_umbraPosted 12/31/2012 8:59:23 AM
Barrenite posted...

Flask + pots start
Rush RoA
Boots
Build Rylai's
Build Liandry's

No.

Flask+Pots
Haunting Guise
Sorc Shoes
Rylai's
Abyssal
Liandry

Will try this.

simply put, Elise has some awful ratios, so it's better to stack magic pen rather than AP. RoA does give you other stats, but you can get HP from Guise and Rylai's, and MP isn't quite as important given that spider form abilities are free.

She already really liked rylai's and guise, and Torment just cements both those items as the core of her build.

If you want some tankiness, you can also build either FH or Iceborn Gauntlet, though gauntlet overlaps with Rylai's a bit.
---
Tired of photobucket and imageshack? Ask me about dropbox.
#9BeerzerkPosted 12/31/2012 9:01:49 AM
Have you tried her in the jungle?

She's really great as a jungler with fast clear times and her spiders tank the monsters.
#10CheeseItBaggins(Topic Creator)Posted 12/31/2012 9:15:19 AM
Beerzerk posted...
Have you tried her in the jungle?

She's really great as a jungler with fast clear times and her spiders tank the monsters.

No I have not yet. I want to improve on my laning a bit more before I go try out any other strategies, though. But thanks for the heads-up, I will try that in the near future.
---