How do you beat Elise in top lane?

#41_HeXPosted 1/2/2013 5:16:46 AM
Susan0 posted...
Use Jayce. And give her a taste of her own medicine. >:D

How exactly do you do that? Elise wins in a poke fight, Elise wins if you hard engage. So how exactly are you gonna win as Jayce?
---
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.
#42Dark_DcPosted 1/2/2013 1:03:22 PM
_HeX posted...
Susan0 posted...

How exactly do you do that? Elise wins in a poke fight, Elise wins if you hard engage. So how exactly are you gonna win as Jayce?

Jayce's autos will do more damage and he has arm/MR reduction that sorta cancels spider bonus. If Elise rappels over, he can E to disengage pretty easy. He has a form that gives bonus arm/MR as well. He can hammer Q E if she decides to Q, and her W never does much vs anyone (barring W to spider Q). He has a better escape.

Basically he is tankier and can exchange harass pretty effectively. I would also argue he clears better with cannon E Q, allowing him to push or reset easier.

I thought Elise would win too, then I played it and was like -_- good ol' Jayce
---
The snozberries taste like snozberries!
LoL: dantheautomator
#43Dark_DcPosted 1/2/2013 1:04:23 PM
ArmoredGuns posted...
You just send Darius and GG Elise.

If she can rappel E you get away, if she can stun he is vulnerable, if she harasses from afar she wins.
---
The snozberries taste like snozberries!
LoL: dantheautomator
#44EDumeyPosted 1/2/2013 1:51:06 PM
Lee Sin is actually the only one I would trust to beat her. Otherwise play a farm lane and don't try to win, just try to not lose.

I believe I saw WingsofDeath choose Galio top against her. Out farmed, out pushed so Elise couldn't roam, and was safe the whole time. Ended up coming in mid game far more useful than her an just handed his team like two team fights with Galio ult and won game.

Doesn't beat Elise, but there wasn't a whole lot she could do.
---
http://i.imgur.com/ZhLrT.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/H6Frl.jpg
#45refmonPosted 1/2/2013 1:54:46 PM
Xin destroys Elise
---
If you read this signature, then that meant that I had control of what you read for 5 SECONDS!!
#46dennis941012Posted 1/2/2013 5:02:32 PM
dennis941012 posted...
ssj98_gotenks posted...
I am assuming you are going spider bomb first as it gives the best dueling capabilities.

im not I max Q against morde because he's melee.

Then you will lose in a duel in melee form.

My E will shield all damage of your Q if I hit all minions. I then use mace of spades and creeping death if you try to use your ranged autoattacks to keep my shield up. My minions should do the same damage to you as the health costs of my skill. Also post lvl 6 Morde's ultimate gives better dueling capabilities than Elises ult. I.e 5 resists, 10 magic dmg per hit, (spiders benefits don' t count as they are pretty much a nonfactor against morde) vs 24 percent health steal that also builds my shield.

I meant dat 1200 items uggg REVOLVER!
anyway you are assuming decent elise player allows you to be even near the creeps
"My E will shield all damage of your Q if I hit all minions."
anyone decent will zone morde out beginning at level 1 and elise easily wins trades early level

assuming no runes and masteries and everything dealing true damage(I don't want to calculate it -.-)

morde = 421 hp
Elise = 391 hp
Elise 48 ad

Morde E = 70 damage + 20 shield 6s cd
Elise Q = 50 + 8% current/ 50 + 8% missing 6s cd

Elise Q auto attack change Q
Morde E

421 - 83 ---> 338 - 48 ----> 290 - 61 ----> 229 + 20 (shield)
= 249

Morde E

391 - 70 = 321

Dude why do i only have 20 shield??
I clearly said I am aiming my siphon so I hit all the minions (or at least some minions +elise) giving me about 15 shield per minion hit making it at least 80 shield (more if you count your spiders).

because you will not get near the minions
---
(>")> <(' ')> <("<)
~GameFAQs LoL Board Supreme Leader~> voted by http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=89123
#47_HeXPosted 1/2/2013 5:06:47 PM
Dark_Dc posted...
_HeX posted...
Susan0 posted...

Jayce's autos will do more damage and he has arm/MR reduction that sorta cancels spider bonus. If Elise rappels over, he can E to disengage pretty easy. He has a form that gives bonus arm/MR as well. He can hammer Q E if she decides to Q, and her W never does much vs anyone (barring W to spider Q). He has a better escape.

Basically he is tankier and can exchange harass pretty effectively. I would also argue he clears better with cannon E Q, allowing him to push or reset easier.

I thought Elise would win too, then I played it and was like -_- good ol' Jayce

I've played against plenty Jayce and I've won every single time. You never use rappel to engage unless you're about to finish someone off or you're in a teamfight and need to get to someone without being CCed. Rappel is your secret weapon, you use if he engages on you and then tries to disengage by knocking you away. You have cocoon to close the gap between you and him, and he won't get more than one AA off in the time it takes you to use your Q + W and get out of range.

You obviously don't know how to use Elise properly, but you're not alone. There are many more of you out there.
---
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.
#48Tro77TroPosted 1/2/2013 5:07:35 PM
you really, really don't.

---
Vi, the Piltover Enforcer is mai waifu.
"Why would they add LBGTWTFBBQ characters if Riot can't even add a brother?" -Slayn
#49SirDanieIPosted 1/2/2013 5:11:45 PM

because you will not get near the minions

... First off I my E has 550 range so I definitely will hit some minions. Lets say you are true though; if so I abuse the bush to get close to minions and hit all of them.
Also if I am nowhere near my minions that means that you are right in the firing line of all 6 of my minions considering you are meleeing me; You will definitely lose the trade as my minions will amount to around 90 additional dps early game.
---
23/11/12 Me: WTF Why do you have 6 boots?
NoobElise: Aren't I a spider?
#50_HeXPosted 1/2/2013 5:13:24 PM
refmon posted...
Xin destroys Elise

How? His only gap closer get countered by her Cocoon. Congrats you now eat a Q, W and possibly a full spider combo + ignite and you're dead.
---