Do you think certain roles lend itself to 'ELO hell'

#1AK47plzPosted 1/1/2013 6:04:25 PM
By this I mean it's really hard to carry with certain roles. I main adc, so I have basically no bearing over what any of my teammates do as I can't gank at all. Top is kinda the same way. Jungle and mid are definitely the roles that are the easiest to carry the game with, because both can gank other lanes easily, thus helping the whole team. Support is kinda in the middle just because they can help out the team a lot in team fights, but until that point they stay bot with the adc. I think it would be interesting to see people's ELOs with their most played role, just to see if my theory is true.
---
terran
#2BarrenitePosted 1/1/2013 6:05:36 PM
what is ELO?
---
Elise is my waifu! Hands off!
#3tacoslayer89Posted 1/1/2013 6:07:32 PM
It might not be as easy, but I have certainly carried my team as ADC many times. A nice and fed ADC demolishes their whole team in seconds. If you position yourself correctly you play a major factor in teamfights (obviously).

You seem to be assuming that the game ends before team fights even break out.
---
They call me...Yellow Skinned Wacky Man!
GT: SlaykSerr789
#4Tony2CapPosted 1/1/2013 6:07:56 PM
its hard to carry with a support, most at least. i remember when i was supporting an ashe as zilean. ashe didnt know what last hitting was and didnt speak english. so i went full ap, stole all the cs with my bombs and went 22/4/17. but thats not supporting.
---
---violence, if it isn't allready solving all your problems, then you're not using enough of it---
#5AK47plz(Topic Creator)Posted 1/1/2013 6:11:40 PM
tacoslayer89 posted...
It might not be as easy, but I have certainly carried my team as ADC many times. A nice and fed ADC demolishes their whole team in seconds. If you position yourself correctly you play a major factor in teamfights (obviously).

You seem to be assuming that the game ends before team fights even break out.

The game doesn't end, but think about it. If the opponents top or jungle gets fed, they'll just dive you during the team fight and there's little you can do. You won't be doing a ton of damage yet because you won't have full build, so in team fights you'll most likely have to just run or die.
---
terran