Why did this game become so mainstream?

#21kirbyakaZPosted 1/2/2013 12:06:18 PM(edited)
Raverbasher posted...
kirbyakaZ posted...
I would imagine more "serious" and "hard-core" champs, like Rengar's concept and Graves, and Diana, champs that can carry and tune the game to a different light than the bubbly Lux or Lulu.

So people in their 20s and 30s aren't allowed to like cute any more? Does some secret pixie come along when people turn 20 and kungfu kick men in the balls and women in the boobies, scarring them from that moment on against anything which might be considered cutesy?

Cos if that's the case, it never occurred to my mate, and i'm gonna have to get dressed up in a yordle costume and punch him in the face repeatedly.

Awesome.

Not that it isn't allowed, but generally tastes change as an adult. As a teenagers and kids I'm sure we all liked cartoons, and movies like Pulp Fiction wouldn't have been something any of us would have liked even if we where to watch it.

As adults, we may still enjoy cartoons, but we also have more serious tastes as well. So by designing more serious champs and cute champs the older players get the best of both worlds.
---
High Five if you love Jesus!
High fives:10 Annoyed faces:4
#22CovenantPosted 1/2/2013 12:16:53 PM
kirbyakaZ posted...
I would imagine more "serious" and "hard-core" champs, like Rengar's concept and Graves, and Diana, champs that can carry and tune the game to a different light than the bubbly Lux or Lulu.

Grimdarkedgy = MATURE, everything else is for babies!

Classic ignorant teenager. I guess we might be talking about classic ignorant early-20s people now, since time has passed but apparently they haven't bothered to mature.
#23kirbyakaZPosted 1/2/2013 12:20:31 PM
Covenant posted...
kirbyakaZ posted...

Grimdarkedgy = MATURE, everything else is for babies!

Classic ignorant teenager. I guess we might be talking about classic ignorant early-20s people now, since time has passed but apparently they haven't bothered to mature.

Diana has a very interesting lore, Rengar is Predator a 90s monster movie staple, and Graves has an "old west" vibe.

If you want examples of grim, dark, and edgy, then you would want Yorik, Hecarim, Nocturne, and other characters that have little else to their lore and feel of "I'm a big scary!"
---
High Five if you love Jesus!
High fives:10 Annoyed faces:4
#24cuban69Posted 1/2/2013 12:21:22 PM
If you league is unbalanced, unfun, has a bad community, or whatever your trifling complaint may be, may I suggest..
http://imageshack.us/a/img62/9859/popularq.png
---
QuantumSurvival on US
#25Fou LuPosted 1/2/2013 12:42:04 PM
Free to play. That's also why it has the worst community in gaming.
---
I smolder with generic rage.
#26HeroshiX2Posted 1/2/2013 12:46:07 PM
cuban69 posted...
If you league is unbalanced, unfun, has a bad community, or whatever your trifling complaint may be, may I suggest..
http://imageshack.us/a/img62/9859/popularq.png

I actually never found too big of an issue with WoWs community. GameFAQs doesn't represent it at all.
#27GANONDORFIVYPosted 1/2/2013 2:04:22 PM
Simple is free to play for real you get all that is important with the ingame currency
Second is community as rare as it sounds is looooot better than the other mobas, take Heroes of Newerth were even the announcer mocks the players who do bad or die.
Third i hate WOW but as in Guild Wars from Anet the blizzard ex employees work in riot too so maybe they have magic on their hands?
If you think is childish style well let me tell you something as an 25 year old i am for me blackops and halo are childish as well none of them follow logic or "adult" reality at all.
---
"I think different than you sir,and im here to stay, no matter how hard you close your eyes i'll be here" GANONDORFIVY
#28WebBowserPosted 1/2/2013 2:12:15 PM
GANONDORFIVY posted...
Simple is free to play for real you get all that is important with the ingame currency
Second is community as rare as it sounds is looooot better than the other mobas, take Heroes of Newerth were even the announcer mocks the players who do bad or die.
Third i hate WOW but as in Guild Wars from Anet the blizzard ex employees work in riot too so maybe they have magic on their hands?
If you think is childish style well let me tell you something as an 25 year old i am for me blackops and halo are childish as well none of them follow logic or "adult" reality at all.

good night, please tell me this was done on a touch pad before I question your education level.
---
How does Riot keep it's balance? That I can tell you in one word!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRdfX7ut8gw