Elo rewards questions.

#1SirDanieIPosted 1/2/2013 4:00:27 PM
So I am searching for details on the Gold elo but I can't find it up very well so here i Go.

1. What exactly do you get after you get gold elo (icon i think)?
2. Once you become 1500 elo once do you have to stay above 1500 until the end of the season to get the reward or can you drop to any elo and you will get the reward??
3. Can other people tell what your max elo was; If you claim you are gold elo can they check it up if you tell them your IGN
4. Can people check what elo you were and what was your maximum elo in other seasons?
5. Is there still elo decay?
---
23/11/12 Me: WTF Why do you have 6 boots?
NoobElise: Aren't I a spider?
#2jepaanPosted 1/2/2013 4:03:17 PM
1. Nothing.
2. No one knows for sure.
3. Not sure, don't think so, try and check other people.
4. Yes.
5. Yes.
---
-
#3VoidgolemPosted 1/2/2013 4:09:41 PM(edited)
Last season:

War Hero Janna skin
Gold summoner icon (that looks terrible compared to the Harrowing icons)
Gold summoner frame on your profile.

This season:

Lol I dunno. We probably won't hear about rewards for at least a year after the season actually kicks off.
~

As to the rest of your questions:

2. We don't know yet. They might change up the system again.
3. Yes, 'least for the current season.
4. Not to my knowledge (they can tell if you've gotten gold/plat/diamond, but not specific rating)
5. Yes
---
"Assume all cover will explode. And if it doesn't explode, expect aliens to throw grenades in order to fix that"
#4SirDanieI(Topic Creator)Posted 1/2/2013 4:15:40 PM
Voidgolem posted...
Last season:

War Hero Janna skin
Gold summoner icon (that looks terrible compared to the Harrowing icons)
Gold summoner frame on your profile.

This season:

Lol I dunno. We probably won't hear about rewards for at least a year after the season actually kicks off.
~

As to the rest of your questions:

2. We don't know yet. They might change up the system again.
3. Yes, 'least for the current season.
4. Not to my knowledge (they can tell if you've gotten gold/plat/diamond, but not specific rating)
5. Yes

The real reasons I am asking these questions is so that I can brag to my IRL friends : ).
I recently got to Gold and so I want to know if I can just AFK the rest of the season or lose all my games and still be recognized that I got to gold.

So what happened season 2? Did you just have to get up to 1500 once and then you got the icon?
---
#5VoidgolemPosted 1/2/2013 4:21:33 PM
The real reasons I am asking these questions is so that I can brag to my IRL friends : ).
I recently got to Gold and so I want to know if I can just AFK the rest of the season or lose all my games and still be recognized that I got to gold.

So what happened season 2? Did you just have to get up to 1500 once and then you got the icon?

You got an icon at the end of the season depending on what your top rating happened to be. If you hit 1500+ at some point after they put in the system change then yes, you'd get a gold icon and all that jazz even if you dropped afterward.

Thing is, that was last season. They might change it up again this time around, don't even know what rewards will be on tap (and probably won't until the season's set to wrap up again)
---
"Assume all cover will explode. And if it doesn't explode, expect aliens to throw grenades in order to fix that"
#6SirDanieI(Topic Creator)Posted 1/2/2013 4:25:14 PM
Voidgolem posted...

You got an icon at the end of the season depending on what your top rating happened to be. If you hit 1500+ at some point after they put in the system change then yes, you'd get a gold icon and all that jazz even if you dropped afterward.

Thing is, that was last season. They might change it up again this time around, don't even know what rewards will be on tap (and probably won't until the season's set to wrap up again)

W8 when was this system change? At the start of Season 2 or in the middle or at the very end?
Also will people be able to see that i reached 1500 elo next season?
---
#7VoidgolemPosted 1/2/2013 4:27:47 PM
W8 when was this system change? At the start of Season 2 or in the middle or at the very end?

A month before the end, give or take a bit.

You only got the rewards if you were 1500+ before the end of Season 2. Like I've been saying, we don't know what they'll be offering for S3 rewards (and if anything, we won't be seeing them until the end of the season, at least a year off from now)

assuming they do give out another reward for gold then yeah, people will be able to tell.
---
#8SirDanieI(Topic Creator)Posted 1/2/2013 4:29:34 PM
Voidgolem posted...

A month before the end, give or take a bit.

You only got the rewards if you were 1500+ before the end of Season 2. Like I've been saying, we don't know what they'll be offering for S3 rewards (and if anything, we won't be seeing them until the end of the season, at least a year off from now)

assuming they do give out another reward for gold then yeah, people will be able to tell.

Ah w/e time to not play ranked and let my elo decay to 1400 and get back to gold then
---