Trinity Force or Gauntlet on Hecarim?

#1LeVulcanPosted 1/2/2013 4:12:33 PM
I always go for Trinity Force but I've seen some people saying Gauntlet works better for him.
---
I rock. And roll. All day long. Sweet Suzie!
#2VoidgolemPosted 1/2/2013 4:13:44 PM
Situational.

but in most situations gauntlet is better.
---
"Assume all cover will explode. And if it doesn't explode, expect aliens to throw grenades in order to fix that"
#3adept89Posted 1/2/2013 4:14:41 PM
Gauntlet is the better choice unless you're stomping hard or against teams that Gauntlet is less effective on (champs like Yi, Olaf, and Zed come to mind).
---
Heavypress.
Human beings are just so damn interesting!
#4Mahlazer123Posted 1/2/2013 4:17:08 PM
Go for the tanky jungling item. Round out your build with spirit visage and iceborn gauntlet. The jungling item gives you clear speed/durability, while the visage and ibg give you survivability and cc. Trinity was never good on Hec imo. During S2, I always found phage into tank was good for Hec. When you build your pony, you build it to endure pain, not give it out. Hecarim's not a bad guy, he just wants to stick around for the fight.
---
IGN: Brotoss Winnar
#5profDEADPOOLPosted 1/2/2013 4:25:48 PM
Go for the tanky jungling item.

No. You want Lizard. It procs on your Q and W. Lizard and Gauntlet give you an amazing amount of damage for how tanky you are.
---
Official Mienshao of the pokemon B/W and BW2 clans
Comic pull list: UXF, WatX, Hawkeye, Secret Avengers, Gambit, JLD, and Batwing
#6Gun SagePosted 1/2/2013 4:32:46 PM
Doesn't the lizard elder "stack" on a by-tic basis?

Meaning, if you hit someone with 3 methods of applying the burn, you'll get 3x the damage for that single tic before it goes back to a standard duration?
---
Now these points of data make a beautiful line, and we're out of beta we're releasing on time! So I'm glad I got burned, think of all the things we learned!
#7Mahlazer123Posted 1/2/2013 4:41:59 PM
Leave the damage to your adc/ap/top. You're a jungler. Unless you get 400 cs and 20 kills, the elder lizard item will bite you in the end. The 500 hp, tenacity, and armor vastly outweigh the dps boost lategame.
---
IGN: Brotoss Winnar
#8Gun SagePosted 1/2/2013 4:53:08 PM
Mahlazer123 posted...
Leave the damage to your adc/ap/top. You're a jungler. Unless you get 400 cs and 20 kills, the elder lizard item will bite you in the end. The 500 hp, tenacity, and armor vastly outweigh the dps boost lategame.

A large portion of his tankiness comes from his W, so if you're getting enough resistances and a spirit visage, thats where most of your survivability will be.
---
Now these points of data make a beautiful line, and we're out of beta we're releasing on time! So I'm glad I got burned, think of all the things we learned!
#9xVashTS98xPosted 1/2/2013 4:59:00 PM
Mahlazer123 posted...

Unless you're Hecarim.
---
StarCraft 2: VashTS; 330; Random
Super Smash Bros Brawl: Vash; Random
#10Fenrir the WolfPosted 1/2/2013 5:30:15 PM
Gun Sage posted...
Mahlazer123 posted...

A large portion of his tankiness comes from his W, so if you're getting enough resistances and a spirit visage, thats where most of your survivability will be.

---
And then John was a zombie.