I've now played over 100 games as Vi. Ask me anything about her.

#21SorrySleepingPosted 1/3/2013 1:44:41 PM
Any reason why you run Armor yellows over MRes or scaling HP yellows? And why not full ArPen or AD Marks, but a mix? Does the masteries + half ArPen already put most mids to 0 until you get Brut?
---
~{Always Sleeping}~
#22Lord Grahf(Topic Creator)Posted 1/3/2013 1:57:56 PM(edited)
Any reason why you run Armor yellows over MRes or scaling HP yellows? And why not full ArPen or AD Marks, but a mix? Does the masteries + half ArPen already put most mids to 0 until you get Brut?

Depends if the mid is running armor yellows or not. If they're not, then it's close enough to zero at level 1 that a single max charge Q takes off over half their health. If they are, then more armor pen might be better, but I run a mixture just to make last hitting easier since I'm never going to do whether or not they're running armor yellows in mid until the game has started.

Why do I run armor yellows? Because I focus on damage and utility more than I focus on armor and MR. It always helps with early trades anyway when mitigating damage from autoattacks. You're not wrong at all, it's perfectly viable to run health yellows and full armor pen reds. I don't like her mid lane as much as I like her in the jungle anyway. Until you've got at least three points in Q, any attempt to harass is an all-in, and every jungler after 1500 Elo knows this. They just camp the brush, wait for you to use Q, then gank you when you're balls deep and you die every time.
---
Not changing this sig until Walter Mondale is elected president.
Currently Playing: Pepper II, Venture, Frogger
#23eggbasketPosted 1/3/2013 2:18:44 PM
Ok, I'm sort of convinced on maxing q before e now. But as far as why you think my build doesn't work (and it has, at the same if not higher wl ratio than you) I think you're flawed in a couple areas.

-I can see the arguement vs no lifesteal, but wriggles isn't going to make THAT big of a difference.
-As you level q it costs MORE mana. E costs the same through out. Seeing as how they scale equally of ad, I'd imagine its still going to take 1 q, and 2 aa+e to clear a jungle camp. Resulting in more mana spent your way.
-Your only form of Mr before hex is merc treads so you can't say GL with 0 mr.
-If you're maxing q before e, shouldn't your mobility already be high enough to where tenacity is less needed? I find tenacity to be a stat needed for one thing on vi, teamfights. So you don't need it early on for when you're running in to gank. Especially if you have a lower cooldown on q so you can initiate and chase/disengage with it if you need. Exactly why I switch to merc treads or buy zeph for team fights later on.
-Not as squishy as you might think. Health from black cleaver, phage, and Mr from hex drinker is hardly super squishy. I play with an orianna mid, who can shield me, the I ult in, she ults. Massive dmg and cc.
---
There's far too much trash in the universe.
#24Lord Grahf(Topic Creator)Posted 1/3/2013 2:41:56 PM
Mobility has nothing to do with tenacity. On-target stuns, slows and snares are cast on you when you dive or gank someone. It will always happen and there's nothing you can do to avoid it unless you want to be a tanky bruiser version of katarina where you do nothing but dance outside the fight until you see that all CC has been blown before you go in.

It's exactly as squishy as I think, seeing as I've tried dozens of builds, including yours. You can get away with a lot of stuff when your opponents are bad. You can do just about anything especially if you're playing with premades in normals.

And the mana comment about farming your jungle is in regards to having to use E twice at every camp since you have no lifesteal and no wriggles procs.

I've gone Hydra with no Wriggles before and it's great for clearing and sustaining, but leaves me too squishy, delays my black cleaver, and further delays the frozen mallet.

Shurelya's is also an important item for Vi in many situations. You can get the GP10 early, finish the Shurelyas before lane phase ends, and literally have unstoppable Shurelya's + Q ganks that can't be avoided.
---
Not changing this sig until Walter Mondale is elected president.
Currently Playing: Pepper II, Venture, Frogger
#25eggbasketPosted 1/3/2013 2:47:52 PM
Lord Grahf posted...
and literally have unstoppable Shurelya's + Q ganks that can't be avoided.

K that got me a little hard.
---
There's far too much trash in the universe.
#26BhelliumPosted 1/3/2013 2:48:54 PM
So does the E apply on hits or not?

Also, R->Q->W->E is definitely the way to go, thank you for showing me the light.
---
The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit-Mark Twain
Mark Twain is the most misquoted man of all time- Benjamin Disraeli
#27funkys-flightsPosted 1/3/2013 2:52:09 PM
is attack speed vi a thing?
---
................ ~...............
anoche sone contigo ;)
#28SorrySleepingPosted 1/3/2013 2:53:27 PM
So does the E apply on hits or not?

Also, R->Q->W->E is definitely the way to go, thank you for showing me the light.

E will apply on hit effects (including her W) to your PRIMARY target. Anyone hit with the blast behind them, will not receive any on-hit effects.
---
~{Always Sleeping}~
#29HeleophrynidaePosted 1/3/2013 2:54:44 PM
You take armor yellows on your attack damage mids because you have to take minion aggro to harass
#30BalanceNotLostPosted 1/3/2013 2:58:06 PM
Hi.

Lord Grahf posted...
is there a decent guide for her yet?

No. Xpecial's guide is garbage.

Bye.
---
**** this, I got to go to work... ~ Dash_Jr
Yeah, those bridge crossing fees won't charge themselves. ~ Angemon_23