I've now played over 100 games as Vi. Ask me anything about her.

#31xVashTS98xPosted 1/3/2013 4:01:14 PM
Could you go in-depth about jungle Vi? I usually max E and have been moderately successful, but before I try something new (in this case, mostly build and skill order) that has already been tested, I'd like to have specifics.
---
StarCraft 2: VashTS; 330; Random
Super Smash Bros Brawl: Vash; Random
#32HeleophrynidaePosted 1/3/2013 4:04:52 PM
xVashTS98x posted...
Could you go in-depth about jungle Vi? I usually max E and have been moderately successful, but before I try something new (in this case, mostly build and skill order) that has already been tested, I'd like to have specifics.

Max Q if you have high damage lanes. Max E if you plan on doing a lot of dueling or invading. Q max makes you an initiator
#33Lord Grahf(Topic Creator)Posted 1/3/2013 4:15:14 PM
is attack speed vi a thing?

I suppose it could be, but I imagine you'd be much too squishy to deal sustained damage. I could see attack speed with W maxed first being a laning build that could be successful against some champions... but I haven't ever tried rushing attack speed and only tried maxing W first a couple times. I was not very successful.

So does the E apply on hits or not?

Also, R->Q->W->E is definitely the way to go, thank you for showing me the light.

E, the autoattack does. The cone damage does not apply on hits of any sort except black cleaver armor shred. But that's not on-hit, that's "on-physical-damage".

You take armor yellows on your attack damage mids because you have to take minion aggro to harass

That too.

Don't know what specifics you want.

I've run 21/9/0 as well as 16/14/0 with success.

I've run MS quints and AD quints both with success.

I generally run AS reds for obvious synergy with machete, as I assume most junglers run in S3.

I've recently been going Wolves -> Blue -> Wraiths -> Wolves -> Red to start, then either gank top/bot or do wraiths and gank mid. She also counterjungles well but I don't like to do it too early as I have to save my Q for escape and it's on a very long cooldown until higher ranks. I also don't run flash anymore.

Wriggles first back if possible, brutalizer, boots/mercs, BC or phage, vice-versa, frozen mallet or kindlegem into shurelya's. Depending on the team's needs you go more damage (hydra/maw/BT) or tankiness (frozen heart, iceborn gauntlet, randuins, bulwark) and play accordingly.

Lead ganks with Q. Q, auto -> E. If you're six, you can R them afterward for another free auto -> E. You have exhaust if they've already burned their flash and depending on your ranks in Q, it's generally back up at this point to finish them off if they're still not dead.

Get a feel for your passive at different ranks. It's very easy to bait people into chasing you, then you charge Q -> AA -> E and don't die because your shield is 10% of your max HP that comes up instantly as you Q them. At level 16 it's up every time your Q is up, you can fly all over the map like a poor man's Lee Sin.
---
Not changing this sig until Walter Mondale is elected president.
Currently Playing: Pepper II, Venture, Frogger
#342ez2ez2ezPosted 1/3/2013 4:20:31 PM
Your opinion on vi doesn't mean much considering you play her in a level of low caliber
#35thisisboris2Posted 1/3/2013 4:24:11 PM
The-World-Seven posted...
Lord Grahf posted...
Tell me your tips to fight against Elise.

Don't. Don't go top lane. If Elise switches to go against you, then build mercs, hexdrinker, and bulwark, save your skills to bring up your passive shield when you're about to take damage, and never EVER use your ult on her until her rappel is down. She can rappel out of it at any time, take zero damage, zero CC, and send your ult on full cooldown.

If Vi was forced to eat something from Dennys, what would she eat and why?

Whats up with Vi turning blue randomly? Stuff is distracting.

1.) Breakf-BAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH BAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH BAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH BAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH BAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH BAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH BAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH BAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

the correct answer is SLAMBURGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nope

GRAND SLAMWICH
---
Eu is best anime character http://i.imgur.com/0iTaY.jpg
LoL IGN:TheCakeIsNotAPie; Created Fergleblast & Rihoof Pls
#36Lord Grahf(Topic Creator)Posted 1/3/2013 4:24:50 PM
Your opinion on vi doesn't mean much considering you play her in a level of low caliber

Yeah right, my Elo is super high like Paintball Returns.

xVashTS98x posted...

Max Q if you have high damage lanes. Max E if you plan on doing a lot of dueling or invading. Q max makes you an initiator

This pretty much, although I'd say the damage of "harassing" with E isn't worth the mana cost. I use it primarily to farm safely if I'm in a lane where I can't max Q.

If I'm forced to go top lane I'm most likely going to max E and farm. If I'm in the jungle and I fear counterjungling / jungler duels I'll take multiple points in E. If my lanes suck hardcore or they're always pushed up I'll max E and farm.

Q has too much base damage to pass up maxing in mid lane in my opinion. Your full combo rotation is basically impossible to get out of and can kill an AP mid at 70-80% at level 6. The damage is similar if you max E, however Q is guaranteed damage by hitting once, E requires you to get two AA resets which can be difficult if they have CC, flash, or possible minion blocking. Vi is kited very easily without frozen mallet or shurelya's.
---
#37Susan0Posted 1/3/2013 7:25:10 PM
Who wins between this : Vi vs a Fatalis

And, what skills and Ults can interrupt Vi's ult?
---
Official Daedric Prince of Madness of All Boards
Akali is my Waifu~ Now, You DIE :D
#38Lord Grahf(Topic Creator)Posted 1/3/2013 7:43:19 PM
Who wins between this : Vi vs a Fatalis

And, what skills and Ults can interrupt Vi's ult?

Obviously I don't know all of them, but from what I can tell it works like this.

Vi can't be displaced while she is "channeling", in other words, while she's locked on and pushing through the team to get to her target. As soon as she touches her target and begins the "knockup" animation, she can be displaced by any form of CC. I've been headbutted out, Tristana ulted out, ezreal has arcane shifted out, Tristana has jumped out, Elise has rappeled out, Fizz has gotten out. It's really quite annoying and while her ult is great for ganks, a heavy CC team makes her ult completely useless.

I wouldn't say it's as bad as being able to, say, flash or blink out of Jarvan's ult, but it's pretty bad. It's one thing I truly dislike about Vi and it feels unfair and doesn't necessarily feel like it's by design. Nobody else ever plays Vi against me so I can't say I have much experience with this and can only guess from what's happened in my games.

Another note: Her ult only does damage after she's picked you up and slammed you down. So if your target is immune to CC, not only does your ult deal no CC, it deals no damage and goes on full cooldown. I've done it to an Olaf with his ult on and a Morgana with her black shield on. Absolutely awful.

Also, I'm sure Fatalis would find some way to interrupt Vi's crappy ult so I pick Fatalis.
---
#39Lord Grahf(Topic Creator)Posted 1/4/2013 11:17:33 AM(edited)
What is Vi's role in teamfights? Blow up the AD carry? Peel?

I was asked this question in-game and feel it needs to be addressed. I just spectated a 1900 Elo game with a Vi jungler who maxed E and went 4/8. She took Spirit of Elder Golem, a Brutalizer, Sunfire Cape, Ninja Tabi and a Randuins. While this wasn't as bad as it could have been due to enemy Ezreal, Nocturne and Jarvan all doing well, it really highlighted how not to use Vi's kit.

Sure, Vi can be a meatshield if you want and deal absolutely no damage. But anybody can be a meatshield and deal absolutely no damage. Tank Vi is even more useless than tank Darius; at least Darius has a true damage ult and uses his survivability to apply stacks without exploding instantly. Vi's E applies Black Cleaver armor shred to the entire team. This is important and it's why BC is essential. Vi also gets kited as easily as any champion in the game, so some form of on-hit slow is essential. Frozen Mallet is highly recommended for this as the health works nicely as well.

When it comes to team fights, Vi can do absolutely anything if you've itemized her for it.

* With frozen mallet and her ult she can peel for the ADC if that's needed.
* if you're fed and the enemy is stacking health, buying a Zephyr with your Frozen Mallet allows you to become a tankbuster.
* If you need to go tank, you can, just make sure to utilize your shield passive when it's up instead of spamming all your skills.
* If you need to dive the AD carry, you can, but it's best to try to get to them with Q, make them use their escape, THEN ult them.

Vi's ult has huge range and should not be the initiator skill unless it's a guaranteed kill. Save Vi's ult for someone with low health who is getting away unless your team can absolutely blow up the AD carry with coordination when you ult him in the back line.

Not only did this Vi waste her Q all the time traveling across the map (which was at level 2 until 30 minutes into the game), she would use it to gap close then ult someone and have them just walk away as she had no skills left. She also repeatedly died in the enemy jungle or after an initiation because she had to wait 14 seconds for her Q to come back up until the end of the game.

If you're maxing E, for the love of God, don't waste your Q and make sure you bring flash.
---
#40AirsoftcomebackPosted 1/4/2013 11:31:04 AM
Ouch Grahf, that comment hurt.

Also how viable is she in the jungle iyo
---
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1555051/cle.gif http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/1875n6uzefjuxgif/original.gif
LOL IGN: Paintballreturns