I've now played over 100 games as Vi. Ask me anything about her.

#61SoraOwnsAllPosted 1/4/2013 12:57:26 PM(edited)
Anyone who plays that many games with a champion can know how their champion works and give advice on it.

At their lower level, yes. Unless you are trying to imply you are some 2k normal elo, your advice won't work the same for higher levels.

if I'm a 1200 elo wukong that has played 100 games with Wukong and I tell you to spam decoy as often as possible because stupid people will blow everything on it, is that relevant for 2k? No.

but implying that someone is going to play a hundred games as a champion and not know everything about that champion is idiotic.

Oh trust me, I have plenty of terrible friends who play 1 champ nonstop and still don't know basic stuff. Like my friend always rushes Trifroce on Ezreal, absolutely no matter what even if he's feeding and he won't get it until 35+ minutes. It will always be his first item.

at that Elo

Keyphrase here.

I know the champion better than any person on this board.

I know Vi pretty damn well too, but I won't post about her simply because I don't have ranked experience with her. Normals is completely meaningless. If I win 100 games as AP nuke Garen does that mean it's legit? No.

It pains me to see people play this champion

Just as it pains me to see people say to never take Vi top. I've done plenty well as her in every role I've played as her, top for most of the games.
---
"I'm no hero, never was, never will be. I'm just an old killer hired to do some wet work." - Solid Snake.
#62bobguydude1Posted 1/4/2013 12:59:42 PM
have you ever wanted to further improve how fast you punch people through the roof?
---
YOU BROKE RNG!!?!?!?!?!?!? NOOOOOOOOO!!!!- insane_pyro74
#63Lord Grahf(Topic Creator)Posted 1/4/2013 1:05:41 PM(edited)
I know Vi pretty damn well too, but I won't post about her simply because I don't have ranked experience with her. Normals is completely meaningless. If I win 100 games as AP nuke Garen does that mean it's legit? No.

Except nobody said it was legit. If you played 100 games as AP nuke Garen you'd be the person to ask about how AP nuke Garen should be played and built. Not whether or not it's viable at high elo or what lane matchups AP nuke Garen wins.

I didn't make a topic that said "Vi is a very good pick, she should be played by the pros, but the pros are bad and don't know what they're doing." I did say Xpecial's guide is bad, and it is, although it's for toplane anyway.

Just as it pains me to see people say to never take Vi top. I've done plenty well as her in every role I've played as her, top for most of the games.

She can be played top. I don't prefer it, but I don't like top anyway and I'm bad at it. As a jungler, I love seeing Vi top. She's a sitting duck if she ever tries to engage with Q and if she's maxing E then all she can do is farm and wait for her jungler to secure kills for her.

It's tongue in cheek when someone says "How do I get good with Vi?" and I say "Don't go top." You can play any champion you want top. She's tanky enough to survive although she has great difficulty dealing with harass and has no escape at early levels after her engage. This is a fact and no amount of high elo gameplay is going to change the way her kit works. She has plenty of damage and armor shred to 1v1 someone and trade, but no escape after initiating with Q.

And post six if you initiate with your R, you're not getting your full damage rotation. R does not apply denting blows and will require two AAs and an E to even get the armor shred you need. So you can't save your Q to escape and still successfully trade.

have you ever wanted to further improve how fast you punch people through the roof?

Me, personally? Not really, no. But I would like to further improve Vi's ultimate.
---
Not changing this sig until Walter Mondale is elected president.
Currently Playing: Pepper II, Venture, Frogger
#64supershadonicPosted 1/4/2013 1:40:15 PM
Do you want a Sexy Vi skin with a Tatoo on her cute butt cheek in the shape of a heart which if you closely inspect..the heart is in the shape of writing "Vi"?
#65Lord Grahf(Topic Creator)Posted 1/4/2013 2:03:23 PM
Do you want a Sexy Vi skin with a Tatoo on her cute butt cheek in the shape of a heart which if you closely inspect..the heart is in the shape of writing "Vi"?

No?
---
#66SpacefrisianPosted 1/4/2013 2:19:56 PM
What do you think about Iceborn Gauntlet on Vi
---
Lets move mountains or mount movements.
#67Lord Grahf(Topic Creator)Posted 1/4/2013 2:22:33 PM
What do you think about Iceborn Gauntlet on Vi

It's fine. But it's not something I get before Black Cleaver and Mallet so it's not something I get all that often.
---
#68Lord Grahf(Topic Creator)Posted 1/5/2013 10:38:11 PM
I'm still willing to answer questions about Vi for all you people who are so damn bad with her.
---
#69nyhustler208Posted 1/5/2013 10:40:38 PM
Lord Grahf posted...
I'm still willing to answer questions about Vi for all you people who are so damn bad with her.

whats your ign? ur cool
---
"Let me demonstrate Hammer Diplomacy!" - POPPY
I have sex with yordles... Is it blasphemy?
#70Lord Grahf(Topic Creator)Posted 1/5/2013 10:50:25 PM
Lord Grahf posted...

whats your ign? ur cool

excuze me, my IGN is Vehemus and i'm KIND OF a big deal
---