Does calling a position entitle you to it?

#1TheStealthManPosted 1/4/2013 10:52:35 AM
I'm asking this seriously because I don't know the answer. It seems like a lot of people during champ selection will raise hell over who called the position first, or that calling it doesn't matter, etc.
---
I'm not as think as you drunk I am.
#2RihawfPosted 1/4/2013 10:53:17 AM
You have to do a mix of filling and preference.
You wanna run this role? call it. If people can't play other roles, trade roles around.
---
LoL NA IGN: MyakkoFirst|steam: rihawf| Nami main
League of Legends BR IGN: Rihawf (who'd know?)
#3CheeseItBagginsPosted 1/4/2013 10:53:48 AM
I lock in what I want. I don't care who called what first and what position they're in.
---
You feelin' froggy, jump.
#4Lord GrahfPosted 1/4/2013 10:53:54 AM
I'm asking this seriously because I don't know the answer. It seems like a lot of people during champ selection will raise hell over who called the position first, or that calling it doesn't matter, etc.

Look. I don't know about you, but when I'm in the donut shop and I see there's only one jelly donut left, I don't care if I'm the fifth person in line to order. I just say "JELLY DONUT" and that reserves my right to it. If someone ahead of me buys that jelly donut after I call it, I'm calling the cops.
---
Not changing this sig until Walter Mondale is elected president.
Currently Playing: Pepper II, Venture, Frogger
#5_HeXPosted 1/4/2013 10:54:20 AM
No, it doesn't. Especially not in ranked, either way I simply ignore anyone who immediately after champ select shows up calls a certain role.
---
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.
#6Neo_PortaPottyPosted 1/4/2013 11:51:24 AM
In ranked no not at all but you should say what role your best in so the team knows it sucks sending sum1 to jungle wjo has no jungle runepages. In blindpick i would say yes just because if you dont use the rule of dibs you end up with 3 tops and 2 mids.
---
If its elitist to want decent performance, accountability, and class knowledge from the people you play with... SIGN ME UP!
#7DivinewargodPosted 1/4/2013 11:53:50 AM
I felt the need to repost my post from another thread:

Yeah. I'm usually the guy to select a champion and say which role I'd like to play, and see if my team is okay with that. After finding out that my team is not okay with that since my desired role was instalocked, I'll go fill in whichever roles are left. If there's a role I feel I'd do better as rather than the one that I'm stuck with and someone else has not instalocked it, I will ask for that role politely.
---
MHTri: Corey
Fatal Frame is the most interesting horror game series.
#8stascakbw07Posted 1/4/2013 11:54:59 AM
I find it's best to list your preferences in order such as "jungle>top>mid>support>adc"

If everyone did that, an optimal team would be ascertained much simpler and with much less butthurt about it.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0deA1JUUZFQ
Your carry is the best player on my team!
#9Viewtiful_JonPosted 1/4/2013 11:55:01 AM
CheeseItBaggins posted...
I lock in what I want. I don't care who called what first and what position they're in.

If people do this in ranked when someone else has already called the postition, I make sure to tell everyone I am also taking that position. If we end up with 2 supports or junglers It does not bother me.
#10WayWardFelixPosted 1/4/2013 11:56:18 AM
CheeseItBaggins posted...

ya i like to play my favorite character regardless ! Nami For EVAR!
---
I like this sig (._. )